Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bobby Robson Dinner 19:41 - Mar 29 with 1294 viewsSibelius8

Oh dear! The Bobby Robson Dinner proudly heralds a "two-course" meal. Just received by email. How celebratory!

Yes! Nothing wrong with the concept, but surely we should celebrate with at least a three course meal (three stars and all that!) and perhaps an imaginative menu. But the message to fans is not positive. Why not have a Bobby Robson Banquet with loads of Guest speakers.....?

This is a chance to make an event very special, and indeed generously celebratory, a chance for supporters to feel they are valued by our club. But, this mean hype of such an offer immediately seems discouraging. OK, more "courses" do not mean, by themselves, a better occasion, but, for goodness sakes, why not plan and promote the occasion better? Make us feel wanted?

Who is responsible for this lack of sensitivity and business wisdom? Once again (season tickets and the sudden new 60+ age restrictions spring to mind) the club has not engaged with the simple fact that such a welcome celebration for our, arguably, best manager should be special. There seems to be a lack of commercial logic here, alas. As for us lot, the fans.......
Bobby Robson Dinner on 19:42 - Mar 29 with 1265 viewsJ2BLUE

Genuinely can't work out if this is serious or taking the piss.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bobby Robson Dinner on 19:49 - Mar 29 with 1220 viewsDeano69

Are you going?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Bobby Robson Dinner on 19:56 - Mar 29 with 1190 viewsSibelius8

Bobby Robson Dinner on 19:49 - Mar 29 by Deano69

Are you going?

I would love to, but I will be, alas, in Hong Kong that day.
My point is simply that this occasion should be even more special. Really special!
We have an owner who should be good at this! I find it hard to recommend this event to less than fervent supporters.
Bobby Robson Dinner on 20:04 - Mar 29 with 1160 viewsDeano69

Bobby Robson Dinner on 19:56 - Mar 29 by Sibelius8

I would love to, but I will be, alas, in Hong Kong that day.
My point is simply that this occasion should be even more special. Really special!
We have an owner who should be good at this! I find it hard to recommend this event to less than fervent supporters.

I would be first in the queue to criticise Evans, but not sure this is really his doing is it?

Bobby Robson Dinner on 20:49 - Mar 29 with 1040 viewsstonojnr

Bobby Robson Dinner on 20:04 - Mar 29 by Deano69

I would be first in the queue to criticise Evans, but not sure this is really his doing is it?

isnt he supposed to be somekind of hospitality guru, it should be his bread & butter so to speak ?

and you get 3 courses for matchday hospitality dont you ?
Bobby Robson Dinner on 21:01 - Mar 29 with 1011 viewsDeano69

Bobby Robson Dinner on 20:49 - Mar 29 by stonojnr

isnt he supposed to be somekind of hospitality guru, it should be his bread & butter so to speak ?

and you get 3 courses for matchday hospitality dont you ?

So I am led to believe, but not sure he puts together the menu. Not sure it's a plate of pate and toast away from a sensational evening though.

Can't believe I am defending him either.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024