Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mistaken identity 11:15 - Apr 4 with 1419 viewsThrobbe

No relevance to ITFC at all, but i thought some of you might be interested in this. A story of a lifetime dealing with beaurocracy identifying you as someone with a different name.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/03/identity-theft-racial-justice

The purchase of my first house fell through at 3pm on the day before I moved because someone with a similar name to mine who had lived in the same road had been declared bankrupt. Luckily we had an understanding landlord who let us stay on an extra week in our rented property while we sorted out the relevent paperwork to confirm it wasn't me.

Anyone else had similar experiences?
[Post edited 4 Apr 2017 13:03]

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Mistaken identity on 11:19 - Apr 4 with 1394 viewsLord_Lucan

Many years ago I received a speeding fine for a different Lord Lucan but that's about it.

Years ago credit was applicable to properties so people could buy an address with credit issues. Thankfully that has now changed .

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

on 11:29 - Apr 4 with 1367 views_

Mistaken identity on 11:19 - Apr 4 by Lord_Lucan

Many years ago I received a speeding fine for a different Lord Lucan but that's about it.

Years ago credit was applicable to properties so people could buy an address with credit issues. Thankfully that has now changed .

Mistaken identity on 13:32 - Apr 4 with 1277 viewsGeoffSentence

I read that last night. A bit of a bu gger for her that she shared the same name with someone born on the same day. Also, black Lisa called white Lisa 'Ivory', bit racist?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Mistaken identity on 15:22 - Apr 4 with 1224 viewssolemio

Mistaken identity on 13:32 - Apr 4 by GeoffSentence

I read that last night. A bit of a bu gger for her that she shared the same name with someone born on the same day. Also, black Lisa called white Lisa 'Ivory', bit racist?

Yes, you'd think that with her history she would consider all white people to be wonderful.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024