Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on last night 11:39 - Apr 5 with 1206 viewspoppiesman

Only my third home game of this season, but been lucky to see 4-2 and 3-0 wins and a 1-1 draw.
The one player who impressed me the most last night was Diagouraga, won most battles in midfield and looked to pass the ball forward whenever he could, a far better player than Skuse/Douglas in that role.
Our keeper was again superb, best shot stopper in the league I'm sure.
Defence looked ok apart from the odd lapse, Kenlock good on the ball, but he must learn to hoof it clear when needed, twice he got caught out, second one led to his booking.
Midfield was ok, nice to see them looking to go forward rather than sideways or back all the time.
Sears and McGoldrick looked lively all game, confidence clearly came back after they both scored early on.
Some say Wigan gifted us all 3 goals, but I prefer to say we contributed to that by winning the ball back by harrowing their defenders to giving us the ball for all 3 goals.
Crowd although low, gave decent support throughout and where we sat I didn't here any criticising the players or manager etc.
Final word, a big thankyou to the 2 stewards (Gary and Dave) in the Cobbold Stand upper tier block C, who helped my 89 year old Dad up and down the stand steps before and after the game, which helped make our trip to Portman Road last night a very enjoyable one indeed.
Hope to be back next season!
Thoughts on last night on 11:44 - Apr 5 with 1163 viewsGeoffSentence

You should come more often. I like the goals per game and points per game ratios when you are there.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Thoughts on last night on 11:47 - Apr 5 with 1148 viewsSteve_M

Which 1-1 draw was it? If Leeds then you've done well.

Agree with pretty much all of that, here's my version:

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/402942/a-few-thoughts/#0

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Thoughts on last night on 12:20 - Apr 5 with 1073 viewspoppiesman

It was the 1-1 draw with Brentford, but cant complain with the 3 matches we have seen considering the season overall at Portman Road.
Would love to come more often but circumstances dictate otherwise.
And sorry didn't see your post or I would have added my thoughts to it rather than start a new thread.
And I agree with your thoughts entirely, glad you mentioned Bart's stunning double save, it was more important as we went right up the other end to make it 3-0, big difference to the 2-1 it could have been.
Did you notice when we scored that third goal, that a couple of defenders went to congratulate Bart rather than Freddy, shows they realised how important the double save was.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2017 12:27]
Thoughts on last night on 12:56 - Apr 5 with 993 viewsPinewoodblue

You ought to consider sitting in Upper South Stand, your Dad can use the lift, and get a seat in Legends pre match.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Thoughts on last night on 13:36 - Apr 5 with 948 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

My grandads got a great record when he comes with me. Usually away games

Next game he's at is rotherham away

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024