Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interview questions 16:53 - Apr 7 with 5678 viewsJon_456

Going to be interviewing some candidates for a new role at my work next week and want to get some decent questions in there. It's mostly office based and requires to work both in a team and individually.

What are the hardest questions some of you have either faced or asked others?
Interview questions on 16:54 - Apr 7 with 2023 viewsLord_Lucan

Whether to leave my wife.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Interview questions on 16:55 - Apr 7 with 2023 viewsJ2BLUE

What is your biggest success?

I genuinely couldn't think of anything. Still can't to be honest. Haven't really achieved anything at all.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Interview questions on 16:57 - Apr 7 with 2004 viewsJon_456

Interview questions on 16:55 - Apr 7 by J2BLUE

What is your biggest success?

I genuinely couldn't think of anything. Still can't to be honest. Haven't really achieved anything at all.

I like that. I'm trying to think of ones I'd struggle to answer so I'll fit that one in
Interview questions on 17:02 - Apr 7 with 1992 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What's the point ?
Chicken or the egg?
Favourite cheese ?
Who killed Liddle?
Why do we bother ?
Do you really love me?
Does my bum look big in this ?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Interview questions on 17:04 - Apr 7 with 1977 viewstrncbluearmy

Who do you support?
Interview questions on 17:06 - Apr 7 with 1966 viewsIllinoisblue

of all the horse excrement around everything to do with recruiting/applying etc, the bit about "being able to work individually or as a part of a team" drives me insane. Unless you're a complete fooking psychopath of course you can do either. It shouldn't even be worthy of note.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Interview questions on 17:09 - Apr 7 with 1953 viewsDolly2.0

Some of the ones for entry onto the Creative Advertising course I did were quite tough...

If why met how what would happen to which?

I love my cat, make me want to eat it.

What does the future hold for jelly?

Why should you never underestimate a handsome bear ?

How would you make the world a better place?

And the toughest one of all..,

Why?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Interview questions on 17:11 - Apr 7 with 1938 viewsJon_456

Interview questions on 17:06 - Apr 7 by Illinoisblue

of all the horse excrement around everything to do with recruiting/applying etc, the bit about "being able to work individually or as a part of a team" drives me insane. Unless you're a complete fooking psychopath of course you can do either. It shouldn't even be worthy of note.

I know what you mean, more or less you get the same answer that I can do both equally. But I know some people at our place that work well alongside someone but struggle on their own. Also have someone who works really well doing everything by themselves, but then struggles to share the workload as they're not aware of what the other person is doing
Login to get fewer ads

Interview questions on 17:14 - Apr 7 with 1932 viewsTractorWood

If you are interviewing people you know are adequately qualified and are intellectual. Asking them boring the cliché questions isn't really sufficient to see if they would be a good fit. Leftfield questions that get people thinking and give you an insight into their thought process are useful:

- What's the tidiest room in your house and why
- If leaving a party earlier, what excuse do you use?
- Explain a non work situation that you've learnt the most from
- When was the last time you were speechless and why

I must emphasise that these are only useful when you are trying to get an insight into someone's thought process.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

on 17:16 - Apr 7 with 1908 views_

Interview questions on 17:09 - Apr 7 by Dolly2.0

Some of the ones for entry onto the Creative Advertising course I did were quite tough...

Why?

Interview questions on 17:20 - Apr 7 with 1891 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Why?

"How would you make the world a better place? "......that one's easy, you make them drink Coca-Cola !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Interview questions on 17:20 - Apr 7 with 1895 viewsfactual_blue

'Tell me about a time you've had to work as a team to achieve a specific outcone'
'Tell me about a time you've had to work unaided to achieve a specific outcome'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Interview questions on 17:21 - Apr 7 with 1877 viewsJon_456

Interview questions on 17:14 - Apr 7 by TractorWood

If you are interviewing people you know are adequately qualified and are intellectual. Asking them boring the cliché questions isn't really sufficient to see if they would be a good fit. Leftfield questions that get people thinking and give you an insight into their thought process are useful:

- What's the tidiest room in your house and why
- If leaving a party earlier, what excuse do you use?
- Explain a non work situation that you've learnt the most from
- When was the last time you were speechless and why

I must emphasise that these are only useful when you are trying to get an insight into someone's thought process.

They're the sort of questions im after as I expect anyone attending an interview would have the answers prepared for your standard questions so I want to catch them out so they have to think on their feet, as that's an important part for the role.
Interview questions on 17:25 - Apr 7 with 1847 viewsIllinoisblue

Interview questions on 17:21 - Apr 7 by Jon_456

They're the sort of questions im after as I expect anyone attending an interview would have the answers prepared for your standard questions so I want to catch them out so they have to think on their feet, as that's an important part for the role.

in what situations will these people have to think on their feet?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

on 17:25 - Apr 7 with 1845 views_

on 17:27 - Apr 7 with 1836 views_

Interview questions on 17:25 - Apr 7 by Illinoisblue

in what situations will these people have to think on their feet?

Interview questions on 17:31 - Apr 7 with 1810 viewsPlums

What's 15% of 30?
Easy question but catches the bluffers out.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Interview questions on 17:36 - Apr 7 with 1791 viewsgordon

Do your best to avoid clichéd, generic questions - unless you want to get the best bullshi**er rather than the best candidate (unless you need a bullshi**er).

eg 'Are you good at prioritising?' 'How do you deal with difficult situations?' 'What's your biggest weakness/strength?' 'How do you cope with stress?' etc, the candidate that is the wittiest, most confident or c*cky, best at bulshi**ing will likely do the best. The self-effacing, diligent, hard-working one will likely not do so well.

Come up with a genuinely challenging scenario or two that they might have to deal with in the job, and ask them to answer/deal with it etc - if this is possible it gets much better results.

[Post edited 7 Apr 2017 17:37]
Interview questions on 17:40 - Apr 7 with 1767 viewsJon_456

on 17:25 - Apr 7 by _

Sorry I worded that wrong really, not catch them out but I want to test them and see how they they cope under pressure. They're not going to be solely judged on just these questions but I think it's important to get a good understanding of their personality and thought process.

Unfortunately I wasn't the one shortlisting the candidates so I want to ensure they're capable of filling the role
on 17:42 - Apr 7 with 1748 views_

Interview questions on 17:40 - Apr 7 by Jon_456

Sorry I worded that wrong really, not catch them out but I want to test them and see how they they cope under pressure. They're not going to be solely judged on just these questions but I think it's important to get a good understanding of their personality and thought process.

Unfortunately I wasn't the one shortlisting the candidates so I want to ensure they're capable of filling the role

Interview questions on 17:43 - Apr 7 with 1751 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I do a lot of these, I think the key thing to do is make sure you get them to provide you with real life example of when they've had to deal with stuff that will likely come up in the role. Working to deadlines, sales targets or whatever, narrow it down to the role and don't keep it too generic. If they can't provide any or don't use real life example then they are not a good fit.

Then it's just personality init
Interview questions on 17:46 - Apr 7 with 1727 viewsJon_456

Interview questions on 17:36 - Apr 7 by gordon

Do your best to avoid clichéd, generic questions - unless you want to get the best bullshi**er rather than the best candidate (unless you need a bullshi**er).

eg 'Are you good at prioritising?' 'How do you deal with difficult situations?' 'What's your biggest weakness/strength?' 'How do you cope with stress?' etc, the candidate that is the wittiest, most confident or c*cky, best at bulshi**ing will likely do the best. The self-effacing, diligent, hard-working one will likely not do so well.

Come up with a genuinely challenging scenario or two that they might have to deal with in the job, and ask them to answer/deal with it etc - if this is possible it gets much better results.

[Post edited 7 Apr 2017 17:37]

Yeah I'm trying to think of a question or puzzle where getting the answer right isn't necessarily important but the way they've tried to work it out is, rather than taking a wild guess.
on 17:57 - Apr 7 with 1693 views_

Interview questions on 17:43 - Apr 7 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I do a lot of these, I think the key thing to do is make sure you get them to provide you with real life example of when they've had to deal with stuff that will likely come up in the role. Working to deadlines, sales targets or whatever, narrow it down to the role and don't keep it too generic. If they can't provide any or don't use real life example then they are not a good fit.

Then it's just personality init

Interview questions on 18:00 - Apr 7 with 1687 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

on 17:57 - Apr 7 by _

Word, that's why I make the big bucks.
Interview questions on 18:07 - Apr 7 with 1670 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Why?

What did you answer with may I ask?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024