Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gerrard Nash - U23's Manager 13:06 - Apr 11 with 1236 viewsbournemouthblue

How is he doing in this role out of interest?

Often the best managers are players who's careers have ended early and they have unfinished business in the game

Whilst there's no way he has the experience for an out and out managerial role of the first team, a head coach role with a director of football or sporting director above him could work if we were to go down the modern footballing route?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Gerrard Nash - U23's Manager on 13:09 - Apr 11 with 1216 viewsitfcjoe

From what I've seen I'm personally not that convinced, I think if he goes into senior football it won't be here as he doesn't have enough respect. Klug loves him but that's about it really.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Gerrard Nash - U23's Manager on 13:10 - Apr 11 with 1192 viewsbournemouthblue

Gerrard Nash - U23's Manager on 13:09 - Apr 11 by itfcjoe

From what I've seen I'm personally not that convinced, I think if he goes into senior football it won't be here as he doesn't have enough respect. Klug loves him but that's about it really.

Fair enough, are there any ex-Town players coming through with potential?

We seem to have a whole clique at Colchester currently

Gerrard Nash - U23's Manager on 13:13 - Apr 11 with 1180 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

I know its not all about results but this season the u23's with Nash in charge have:

W - 10
D - 4
L - 17

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Gerrard Nash - U23's Manager on 13:14 - Apr 11 with 1169 viewsitfcjoe

Gerrard Nash - U23's Manager on 13:10 - Apr 11 by bournemouthblue

Fair enough, are there any ex-Town players coming through with potential?

We seem to have a whole clique at Colchester currently

I don't know really, there is such a disconnect between first team and academy and the U23s don't bridge it succesfully so hard to know what is there in reality.

Needs more joined up thinking for any internal promotions to be realistic

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Gerrard Nash - U23's Manager on 13:18 - Apr 11 with 1124 viewsbournemouthblue

Gerrard Nash - U23's Manager on 13:13 - Apr 11 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

I know its not all about results but this season the u23's with Nash in charge have:

W - 10
D - 4
L - 17

Indeed and their hands are tied with line ups in many cases

It's more the tactical approach you need to monitor him on, aren't they meant to be splitting the centre backs and playing out rather suicidally from deep? A policy I find very surprising given MM's general approach to defending
[Post edited 11 Apr 2017 13:19]

Gerrard Nash - U23's Manager on 13:23 - Apr 11 with 1083 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Gerrard Nash - U23's Manager on 13:18 - Apr 11 by bournemouthblue

Indeed and their hands are tied with line ups in many cases

It's more the tactical approach you need to monitor him on, aren't they meant to be splitting the centre backs and playing out rather suicidally from deep? A policy I find very surprising given MM's general approach to defending
[Post edited 11 Apr 2017 13:19]

Imagine it must be a bit of a thankless task being the reserve/u23 coach at any club, not just here.

With regards to your question about ex players being involved-I believe Scowie is involved with the u9's if im not mistaken. I know that Bramble/Dyer do a bit of coaching here from time to time as well. So do ex players like Lee Norfolk as well but none that I believe could step up into a managerial position if im honest. Think we will definitely have to look outside the club for our next appointment.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Gerrard Nash - U23's Manager on 13:27 - Apr 11 with 1057 viewstextbackup

I watched maybe 40 mins of the Bristol city game a few weeks back, we had everyone back for corners, that was enough to put me off

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Gerrard Nash - U23's Manager on 13:27 - Apr 11 with 1049 viewsbournemouthblue

Gerrard Nash - U23's Manager on 13:23 - Apr 11 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Imagine it must be a bit of a thankless task being the reserve/u23 coach at any club, not just here.

With regards to your question about ex players being involved-I believe Scowie is involved with the u9's if im not mistaken. I know that Bramble/Dyer do a bit of coaching here from time to time as well. So do ex players like Lee Norfolk as well but none that I believe could step up into a managerial position if im honest. Think we will definitely have to look outside the club for our next appointment.

and that's fair enough

Wilnis has dabbled with management, as have a few others. There's a few ex-Town players in and around the Colchester setup and McGreal is manager currently

Login to get fewer ads

Gerrard Nash - U23's Manager on 13:27 - Apr 11 with 1039 viewsbournemouthblue

Gerrard Nash - U23's Manager on 13:27 - Apr 11 by textbackup

I watched maybe 40 mins of the Bristol city game a few weeks back, we had everyone back for corners, that was enough to put me off

some McCarthy tactics are implemented then :p

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024