Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket sales update 13:25 - Apr 12 with 3658 viewspablosturn

I have it on good authority (from someone who works in finance at the club) that less than 3,000 have renewed, compared to over 8,500 that had renewed at this point last year.

To say the club are concerned is an understatement, but what is their next move...??
Season ticket sales update on 13:34 - Apr 12 with 3546 viewsflimflam

I renewed mine and kids this morning so now 3003.

Wouldn't have bothered personally but the kids see it all differently to me and still enjoy going.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Season ticket sales update on 13:37 - Apr 12 with 3503 viewsIllinoisblue

the club has a finance dept.?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Season ticket sales update on 13:39 - Apr 12 with 3476 viewsSteve_M

Season ticket sales update on 13:37 - Apr 12 by Illinoisblue

It's in Excel.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The tea lady..... on 13:40 - Apr 12 with 3468 viewsBloots

Season ticket sales update on 13:37 - Apr 12 by Illinoisblue

....has one of these.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Season ticket sales update on 13:48 - Apr 12 with 3400 viewsReuser_is_God

Congratulations on taking a realistic figure & claiming to have def info.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Season ticket sales update on 14:05 - Apr 12 with 3296 viewsmuccletonjoe

Season ticket sales update on 13:48 - Apr 12 by Reuser_is_God

Swap 'optimistic' for realistic and you have it.
Season ticket sales update on 14:08 - Apr 12 with 3278 viewspablosturn

Season ticket sales update on 13:48 - Apr 12 by Reuser_is_God

I am afraid I have better things to do than to make this stuff up.

Just informing fans as to what an utter mess we are in at the moment. You don't find it a surprise that the number is down 66%? That is alarming.
Season ticket sales update on 14:09 - Apr 12 with 3271 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

I personally cant believe for a minute that we will have that few a season tickets next season, even with everything that is going on right now.

We had 12k season tickets sold for the 16-17 season I believe & as bad as we have been this season, there have still been at least 10k turning up for home games (most of them will be the hardened season ticket holders too).

Even if we lose a few thousand season tickets (I have heard numbers are down by just over 1k only) so that still potentially leaves us with 10k season ticket renewals which I think will be fairly realistic. I genuinely cant see us losing 7000 season tickets, especially once Mick goes in the summer-it will end up around the 9/10k mark for season tickets with us getting maybe 12-14k gates which might improve if we start well but that's a lot of ifs right now.

Massive summer for the club is an understatement.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket sales update on 14:12 - Apr 12 with 3254 views3_5_2

Surprised there is 3,000

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Season ticket sales update on 14:13 - Apr 12 with 3253 viewspablosturn

Season ticket sales update on 14:09 - Apr 12 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

I personally cant believe for a minute that we will have that few a season tickets next season, even with everything that is going on right now.

We had 12k season tickets sold for the 16-17 season I believe & as bad as we have been this season, there have still been at least 10k turning up for home games (most of them will be the hardened season ticket holders too).

Even if we lose a few thousand season tickets (I have heard numbers are down by just over 1k only) so that still potentially leaves us with 10k season ticket renewals which I think will be fairly realistic. I genuinely cant see us losing 7000 season tickets, especially once Mick goes in the summer-it will end up around the 9/10k mark for season tickets with us getting maybe 12-14k gates which might improve if we start well but that's a lot of ifs right now.

Massive summer for the club is an understatement.

I can see there being a lot fewer than you are saying, I for one am doing more away days as they are much more enjoyable, I've been to 1 home game all season and 7 away.
Before this year I had a ST for 10 years.

I agree we MAY get 10k turn up, but facts are facts and as of now we have 3k ST sales v 9,000 at this point last year.
Season ticket sales update on 14:15 - Apr 12 with 3237 viewsBlueNomad

What about those whose direct debits will continue unless cancelled?
Season ticket sales update on 14:18 - Apr 12 with 3219 viewspablosturn

Season ticket sales update on 14:15 - Apr 12 by BlueNomad

these are like for like sales. Therefore if you used DD last year you wouldn't be included in the number for last year at this point either....
Season ticket sales update on 14:20 - Apr 12 with 3208 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Season ticket sales update on 14:15 - Apr 12 by BlueNomad

Exactly, this is why I think maybe 3K have been sold to date with people that have paid for their tickets outright (based on this info).

Once the early bird deadline rolls over on Monday that number will go up again with all the DD renewing as that's surely how the majority of fans pay for their ST (this is only a guess?!?!). Then the club will know how many tickets they have sold-whether they announce it or not is another thing, if they extend the early bird then I think we know they are struggling.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Season ticket sales update on 14:21 - Apr 12 with 3191 viewspablosturn

Season ticket sales update on 14:20 - Apr 12 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Exactly, this is why I think maybe 3K have been sold to date with people that have paid for their tickets outright (based on this info).

Once the early bird deadline rolls over on Monday that number will go up again with all the DD renewing as that's surely how the majority of fans pay for their ST (this is only a guess?!?!). Then the club will know how many tickets they have sold-whether they announce it or not is another thing, if they extend the early bird then I think we know they are struggling.

See above, for the simple concept of like for like sales
Season ticket sales update on 15:07 - Apr 12 with 3049 viewsbluesatin

Season ticket sales update on 14:21 - Apr 12 by pablosturn

See above, for the simple concept of like for like sales

I took out the three year season ticket option last season, so there must have been a few more who also took that option are they included in that 3000?
Season ticket sales update on 16:03 - Apr 12 with 2916 viewsElderGrizzly

It's utter rubbish until the April 17th EBD deadline has passed. With auto-renewal they just don't know.

So using "like for like" excuse is not a valid reasoning given the comparison point used is not the same. You'll find we had many more than you have said using the DD scheme. Phil will have this number somewhere as Ian Milne quoted it. Something like 70% i thought.

[Post edited 12 Apr 2017 16:07]
Season ticket sales update on 16:38 - Apr 12 with 2778 viewspablosturn

Season ticket sales update on 16:03 - Apr 12 by ElderGrizzly

It's utter rubbish until the April 17th EBD deadline has passed. With auto-renewal they just don't know.

So using "like for like" excuse is not a valid reasoning given the comparison point used is not the same. You'll find we had many more than you have said using the DD scheme. Phil will have this number somewhere as Ian Milne quoted it. Something like 70% i thought.

OK, lets wait, friendly bet as to the number after EBD

Less than 9,000 is an absolute disaster, which is where we will end up
Season ticket sales update on 16:44 - Apr 12 with 2746 viewsJ2BLUE

Well this sounds legit...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Season ticket sales update (n/t) on 16:46 - Apr 12 with 2746 viewsflyingdutchman

[Post edited 12 Apr 2017 16:52]
Season ticket sales update on 17:57 - Apr 12 with 2572 viewsjas0999

How many? That's more than expected!
Season ticket sales update on 21:51 - Apr 12 with 2246 viewsPhilTWTD

Season ticket sales update on 16:03 - Apr 12 by ElderGrizzly

That is right, no way of telling until after the early bird deadline, but I believe the expectation is that the drop is going to be very significant, although I don't think that's news to anyone. You may well be right that IM gave that figure on DDs, but can't find quote having made cursory look.
Season ticket sales update on 21:55 - Apr 12 with 2233 viewsvapour_trail

Season ticket sales update on 21:51 - Apr 12 by PhilTWTD

That is right, no way of telling until after the early bird deadline, but I believe the expectation is that the drop is going to be very significant, although I don't think that's news to anyone. You may well be right that IM gave that figure on DDs, but can't find quote having made cursory look.

Hang on. No way of telling?

If they're not more into ring sales on at least a week by week basis, and benchmarking against previous seasons, they're even more disinterested than they appear.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Season ticket sales update on 22:04 - Apr 12 with 2188 viewsElderGrizzly

Season ticket sales update on 16:38 - Apr 12 by pablosturn

OK, lets wait, friendly bet as to the number after EBD

Less than 9,000 is an absolute disaster, which is where we will end up

I'm not disagreeing with you as to what it might be after the EBD, but i just don't believe the figure in your OP at this point in time.

Most of our ST are via DD, so we just won't know and the 3,500 vs 8,500 can't be accurate because of this.

Anything less than 10k is woeful, but is all Evans and Mick deserves after this last 12 months
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024