Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here 15:30 - Apr 13 with 3313 viewsWadeyBlue

Do you really think ME is to blame in our current plight??

We have a squad which is more than capable of a top 10 finish and more importantly the ability to play attractive football. Unfortunately we have a manager who hasn't a clue how to set up and play a technical game.

There are posters on here who think if ME gives MM money that we'll be pushing for another top 6 finish. Seriously look at the football. Its dire. The players are professional, they can pass, they can play one touch, they can play a technical game, BUT they are told not to. This is solely down to MM.

Honestly if you think the answer is to invest another 10 million then you probably need to go and watch one of the top prem sides.

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 15:32 - Apr 13 with 1875 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Nobody has said 10m have they?

But how about not selling our best players and replacing them with substitutes from forest green..

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 15:39 - Apr 13 with 1846 viewsIllinoisblue

I think you vastly overrate the ability of the squad. They were mostly plucked from League 1 for a reason.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 15:40 - Apr 13 with 1839 viewsBlueBadger

I liked the bit where you called everyone else on here deluded then claimed we had a top ten side.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 15:43 - Apr 13 with 1821 viewsDeano69

Top 10, even if that were true, whats the point of aiming for top 10??

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 15:44 - Apr 13 with 1815 viewshoppy

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 15:43 - Apr 13 by Deano69

May as well aim for 15th...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 15:51 - Apr 13 with 1777 viewsTheBlueBarca

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 15:39 - Apr 13 by Illinoisblue

I think you vastly overrate the ability of the squad. They were mostly plucked from League 1 for a reason.

Spot on.

If you look at key players, such as Bart, Chambers, Webster, Didz, Sears, Skuse, Pittman, Douglas and Gerks - all played a large amount of their career at the lower level. Dozzell, Hyam, Smith, Kenlock and Smith are all home grown, Bru was a cheap import. Berra is one of the few to ever play in the top flight regularly.

My issue isn't that so much, it's the fact he's bloated the squad with so many undeeded fringe players who just take a wage and never play.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 15:53 - Apr 13 with 1763 viewsWadeyBlue

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 15:43 - Apr 13 by Deano69

"More importantly the ability to play attractive football" . As usual everyone seemed to have missed the point.

Or would you be happy getting into the play offs playing the way we did 2 seasons ago?

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 15:54 - Apr 13 with 1762 viewsolimar

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 15:44 - Apr 13 by hoppy

May as well aim for 15th...

Same with aiming for 6th. Finishing in the top 6 qualifies you for the play-offs but ultimately the only reason you want to reach them is to get promoted.
Login to get fewer ads

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 16:00 - Apr 13 with 1733 viewsDeano69

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 15:53 - Apr 13 by WadeyBlue

"More importantly the ability to play attractive football" . As usual everyone seemed to have missed the point.

Or would you be happy getting into the play offs playing the way we did 2 seasons ago?

This side does not have the capability of playing attractive football AND getting results (neither does the manager). We are a poor version of Arsenal expected to accept we can only challenge an 'also ran' position.

Hard to understand your point when the opening statement is to suggest we have a Top 10 team, apologies if I am not getting your point, perhaps by also saying "As usual EVERYONE seemed to have missed the point" maybe it needs clarifying.

I am not trying to be clever, just responding with my point of view.

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 16:02 - Apr 13 with 1723 viewsDeano69

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 16:00 - Apr 13 by Deano69

This side does not have the capability of playing attractive football AND getting results (neither does the manager). We are a poor version of Arsenal expected to accept we can only challenge an 'also ran' position.

Hard to understand your point when the opening statement is to suggest we have a Top 10 team, apologies if I am not getting your point, perhaps by also saying "As usual EVERYONE seemed to have missed the point" maybe it needs clarifying.

I am not trying to be clever, just responding with my point of view.

BTW I am neither young (not sure what difference that makes) nor deluded.

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 16:06 - Apr 13 with 1715 viewsMullet

"Unfortunately we have a manager who hasn't a clue how to set up and play a technical game. "

Now this is the sort of Michael Owen-lite type stuff we need to consider. What the chuff does that even mean?

I often wonder if yourself and other people post stuff like this and actually watch the Championship or even what's been going on at Town.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 16:08 - Apr 13 with 1707 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

" Seriously look at the football. Its dire. The players are professional, they can pass, they can play one touch, they can play a technical game,"

When did you last see Berra, Smith and Chambers (for starters) play...Berra in particular has a look of abject fear on his face if the ball is passed to him.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 16:08 - Apr 13 with 1704 viewshype313

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 16:06 - Apr 13 by Mullet

"Unfortunately we have a manager who hasn't a clue how to set up and play a technical game. "

Now this is the sort of Michael Owen-lite type stuff we need to consider. What the chuff does that even mean?

I often wonder if yourself and other people post stuff like this and actually watch the Championship or even what's been going on at Town.

This springs to mind.

"It is not clear whether intelligence has any long term survival value. Bacteria manage to flourish without it."

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 16:09 - Apr 13 with 1703 viewsMullet

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 16:08 - Apr 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

" Seriously look at the football. Its dire. The players are professional, they can pass, they can play one touch, they can play a technical game,"

When did you last see Berra, Smith and Chambers (for starters) play...Berra in particular has a look of abject fear on his face if the ball is passed to him.

Berra looks like a man ready for retirement into Scottish football where he can boss a game and not even break a sweat.

His mind has not been on it consistently for ages that much is pretty clear.

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 16:19 - Apr 13 with 1665 viewsNo9

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 16:08 - Apr 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

Then there is our midfield dynamo Skuse who moves the ball anywhere but forward juat as though it's made of molten iron
I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 16:42 - Apr 13 with 1622 viewsgoat_man

I'm not sure we actually know what our players are capable of because they havent been allowed to express themselves in an attacking sense. This has probably been the case with our squads for the last 12 years with the endless 451's under Magilton, Keane and Jewell and the defence defence defence mentality of MM. Interestingly, the last time we had an attacking, bold, expressive mentality where we took everybody on was Royle's 3rd season and we came 3rd.
I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 16:53 - Apr 13 with 1592 viewsKeaneish

I would have agreed 6 months ago but a lot of that squad have gone backwards, in some cases drastically. Berra is testament to this. While no-one has had a good season other than Bart, i do think an injection of cash and new players is now needed.

Douglas, Coke, Taylor, Pitman, Skuse and Berra all need replacing in my opinion.
Plus we'll need to sign / replace Williams, Huws, Spence and Diagouraga.

A big summer ahead.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 09:04 - Apr 14 with 1371 viewsNorthern_Blue81

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 16:53 - Apr 13 by Keaneish

I would have agreed 6 months ago but a lot of that squad have gone backwards, in some cases drastically. Berra is testament to this. While no-one has had a good season other than Bart, i do think an injection of cash and new players is now needed.

Douglas, Coke, Taylor, Pitman, Skuse and Berra all need replacing in my opinion.
Plus we'll need to sign / replace Williams, Huws, Spence and Diagouraga.

A big summer ahead.

In reality we are going to sell the goal keeper who has kept us in most games and return the loanee who has scored all the goals and vital ones at that.

The balance will be all wrong.
I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 09:20 - Apr 14 with 1340 viewsClausThomsen

You just have to ask Wolves fans - they chucked £35 million at MM and the football remained awful.

He's got a ceiling and a shelf-life.

Everything crossed that he's sacked by next week. There's no point continuing with him for he dead rubbers.
I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 09:24 - Apr 14 with 1328 viewsMullet

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 09:20 - Apr 14 by ClausThomsen

You just have to ask Wolves fans - they chucked £35 million at MM and the football remained awful.

He's got a ceiling and a shelf-life.

Everything crossed that he's sacked by next week. There's no point continuing with him for he dead rubbers.

Not like you to present things dishonestly. Have a read of this. It gives both aspects, what I'd give for McCarthy to have the backing he did to get them up too.

http://www.wolvesfancast.com/mick-mccarthy-wolves/

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 09:34 - Apr 14 with 1304 viewsClausThomsen

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 09:24 - Apr 14 by Mullet

Not like you to present things dishonestly. Have a read of this. It gives both aspects, what I'd give for McCarthy to have the backing he did to get them up too.

http://www.wolvesfancast.com/mick-mccarthy-wolves/

When McCarthy took over at Wolves, he got them progressing and made decent signings - then hit a ceiling despite spending £35 million.

And if you look at the list of players he signed (and how much he paid for them) you would have to be a budgie to want a repeat of that here.

He did well at Wolves and then became overly negative like a crab and lost it. The same's happened here.

Giving him money to spend would be suicidal.
I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 09:36 - Apr 14 with 1294 viewsMullet

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 09:34 - Apr 14 by ClausThomsen

When McCarthy took over at Wolves, he got them progressing and made decent signings - then hit a ceiling despite spending £35 million.

And if you look at the list of players he signed (and how much he paid for them) you would have to be a budgie to want a repeat of that here.

He did well at Wolves and then became overly negative like a crab and lost it. The same's happened here.

Giving him money to spend would be suicidal.

You haven't read it have you? Just repeating yourself doesn't make you right. He spent £15m one season in the Prem. The £35m is presumably his total spend without sales taken into account etc.? That does account for the playoff pushes and eventual promotion or time in the top flight a trajectory we'd kill for.

By your logic you should really be lauding him for spending buttons and fluff here over a similar period and doing the job he has.

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 09:41 - Apr 14 with 1277 viewsHerbivore

When did we acquire this top 10 footballing squad of which you speak?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 09:44 - Apr 14 with 1260 viewsClausThomsen

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 09:36 - Apr 14 by Mullet

You haven't read it have you? Just repeating yourself doesn't make you right. He spent £15m one season in the Prem. The £35m is presumably his total spend without sales taken into account etc.? That does account for the playoff pushes and eventual promotion or time in the top flight a trajectory we'd kill for.

By your logic you should really be lauding him for spending buttons and fluff here over a similar period and doing the job he has.

I read it, but I've read another one by fans who say it was £35 million once they were promoted. And I've checked wiki to see the signings he made and the fees involved and it is a list of expensive stinkers. And the style of football regressed with that money spent.

You mention trajectory - can you not see ours currently?

Mick did well for 3 seasons, but now he's only doing damage.
I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 09:46 - Apr 14 with 1249 viewsMullet

I cant actually tell the difference between the young or deluded on here on 09:44 - Apr 14 by ClausThomsen

I read it, but I've read another one by fans who say it was £35 million once they were promoted. And I've checked wiki to see the signings he made and the fees involved and it is a list of expensive stinkers. And the style of football regressed with that money spent.

You mention trajectory - can you not see ours currently?

Mick did well for 3 seasons, but now he's only doing damage.

I've not checked so am happy to be proved wrong. Show us all the fees, the "stinkers" and why it would be such a terrible route for us to take etc.

I can see ours and that's down to Evans not Mick, we'd have gone down without him and not just when he came in. We'll go down eventually as we are and not because of Mick. Anyone can see that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024