Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interested to know.... 15:54 - Apr 13 with 970 viewsWadeyBlue

Would you be happy getting into the play offs playing the way we did 2 seasons ago?

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

Interested to know.... on 15:56 - Apr 13 with 963 viewsStenvict

We did get into the play offs 2 years ago.

I seem to remember 99.9% of Town fans were happy we got into the play offs.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Interested to know.... on 15:58 - Apr 13 with 949 viewsPJH

Interested to know.... on 15:56 - Apr 13 by Stenvict

We did get into the play offs 2 years ago.

I seem to remember 99.9% of Town fans were happy we got into the play offs.

But you must remember that we only got into the playoffs because Derby did not want to.
Interested to know.... on 16:00 - Apr 13 with 937 viewsNewcyBlue

I just want to see us put the ball into the back of the net. I just want to see us win.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Interested to know.... on 16:06 - Apr 13 with 931 viewsReuser_is_God

The way we played 2 years ago was far superior to the way we've played the majority of this season.

Just because it wasn't tiki taka in 14/15 doesn't mean it wasn't good football.

That probably fcuks me off the most about the modern game actually., people who think that the only 'good' football is tiki taka.

In answer to your question, I was delighted in 14/15 & I'd be delighted if we could repeat that season, with a different outcome.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2017 16:07]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Interested to know.... on 16:06 - Apr 13 with 924 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Getting into the play-offs is an achievement however you achieve it IMO.

Would much rather we get there playing playing a better brand of football though as we would never get away with this type of football in the Premier League.

Expectations were low when Mick took over so I accepted Micks tactics as they seemed to be working in this league and to get us into the play-offs was a damn good effort considering the budget and where Mick found us.

Now though I think I want a little more than that, I obviously want to see us in the Premier League again but for me, I just want to see a good game of football where I can feel that passion and excitement again with my beloved club-under Mick I know I will never feel that again.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Interested to know.... on 16:12 - Apr 13 with 905 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Interested to know.... on 16:06 - Apr 13 by Reuser_is_God

The way we played 2 years ago was far superior to the way we've played the majority of this season.

That probably fcuks me off the most about the modern game actually., people who think that the only 'good' football is tiki taka.

In answer to your question, I was delighted in 14/15 & I'd be delighted if we could repeat that season, with a different outcome.

I think there is a difference between people wanting tiki taka football and people wanting our team to string more than 3 passes together in a match.

We will never be Barcelona with our football and no one is asking us to be, we are allowed to ask our team to try and pass the football though instead of just launching it into the channels to no one time and time again.

Everyone has an opinion on football, I personally cant stand Micks football-its horrible, its not good football however you dress it up IMO and the sooner he has gone the better.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Interested to know.... on 16:13 - Apr 13 with 898 viewsArcher4721

Would you be happy going into the third division playing the way we did 4 seasons ago?
Interested to know.... on 16:13 - Apr 13 with 896 viewsReuser_is_God

Interested to know.... on 16:12 - Apr 13 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

I think there is a difference between people wanting tiki taka football and people wanting our team to string more than 3 passes together in a match.

We will never be Barcelona with our football and no one is asking us to be, we are allowed to ask our team to try and pass the football though instead of just launching it into the channels to no one time and time again.

Everyone has an opinion on football, I personally cant stand Micks football-its horrible, its not good football however you dress it up IMO and the sooner he has gone the better.

I wasn't trying to dress it up.

I'm just saying the way we played in 14/15 was 10 times better than this season.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Interested to know.... on 16:14 - Apr 13 with 884 viewsNo9

Interested to know.... on 16:00 - Apr 13 by NewcyBlue

I just want to see us put the ball into the back of the net. I just want to see us win.

Winning is what football is all about.
Unfortunately we have a team manager who's stated philosophy is first - not to lose
Interested to know.... on 16:16 - Apr 13 with 877 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Interested to know.... on 15:58 - Apr 13 by PJH

But you must remember that we only got into the playoffs because Derby did not want to.

That is essentially nonsense.

The league table doesn't lie after 46 games and yes we got through by the skin on our teeth, but this 'Derby failed' etc. underplays what we actually achieved that season
Interested to know.... on 16:17 - Apr 13 with 867 viewstheipswichman

Interested to know.... on 16:13 - Apr 13 by Reuser_is_God

I'm just saying the way we played in 14/15 was 10 times better than this season.

Completely different we pressed, worked hard and created chances. Right now we don't shoot until the 70th minute, in that season we were constantly putting pressure on. It's excitement we want which can happen with any style.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2017 16:20]
Interested to know.... on 16:18 - Apr 13 with 864 viewsStenvict

Interested to know.... on 16:16 - Apr 13 by King_of_Portman_Rd

That is essentially nonsense.

The league table doesn't lie after 46 games and yes we got through by the skin on our teeth, but this 'Derby failed' etc. underplays what we actually achieved that season

He was being sarcastic. Don't worry.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Interested to know.... on 16:19 - Apr 13 with 862 viewsMullet

Having a striker that bends most of the division over and a defence tighter than a snake? All with a couple of youths breaking through adding to the goals and assists?

No. Not for me.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Interested to know.... on 16:20 - Apr 13 with 848 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Interested to know.... on 16:13 - Apr 13 by Reuser_is_God

Agreed and sorry, wasnt having a pop.

I still remember even in the play-off push, even though we were winning and holding our own against form teams like Bournemouth, Derby etc we were still playing relatively the same type of football. The difference was that we had an in form Murphy and were riding a feel good wave, as we hadn't experienced a play-off run for some time. We were more effective at playing the long ball and getting Murphy in, holding it up and playing others in or he was scoring himself. We havent replaced Murphy this season and we are still trying to play the same way and its not worked in the slightest-hence why we have seriously struggled this season.

If Mick does stay this summer and insists on playing this type of football then a replacement for Murphy has to be his number one priority IMO.

Interested to know.... on 16:20 - Apr 13 with 842 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

There is after all "more than one way to skin a cat"

The 14/15 season I remember us being able to mix it up a bit. Against the likes of Bournemouth we were dogged & determined, but against many others we knocked the ball around nicely.
We certainly weren't the 'hoof it' merchants that we have become with increasing regularity since
Interested to know.... on 16:28 - Apr 13 with 815 viewsPJH

Interested to know.... on 16:18 - Apr 13 by Stenvict

He was being sarcastic. Don't worry.

Thanks,saves me posting it.

The rubbish frequently posted on here about "We only made the playoffs because...." is still going on.

We made the playoffs because we got more points than those that didn't(apart from Wolves on GD).
Interested to know.... on 16:29 - Apr 13 with 809 viewsnbsiyag

We peaked that season on Boxing Day at Brentford to go 2nd. Up to then we had had some good performances - Watford, Leeds, Boro at home. Away, we played superbly at Forest for an hour (Johnny Williams) then invited them to attack us by bringing on a defender for a midfielder.

After Xmas we were pretty dire and our form dipped to if not relegation, certainly to lower mid table. Even in the few wins we had, we had hardly outplayed any opponents and many of those matches were little different to what we have seen this season.

In answer to your question, I would be happy getting into the play-offs by any means but we were in all honesty lucky to get there then.
Interested to know.... on 16:30 - Apr 13 with 796 viewstextbackup

Yeah, problem is tho we are a million miles from that style now.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Interested to know.... on 16:34 - Apr 13 with 780 viewshoppy

We did both of those things last Tuesday, and people still weren't happy, so maybe there's a bit more needed than that?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Interested to know.... on 16:40 - Apr 13 with 762 viewshype313

Interested to know.... on 16:34 - Apr 13 by hoppy

We did both of those things last Tuesday, and people still weren't happy, so maybe there's a bit more needed than that?

Clegg back painting the turnstiles?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Interested to know.... on 16:51 - Apr 13 with 742 viewsBlueBadger

Interested to know.... on 15:58 - Apr 13 by PJH

You'd have thought with all they money they'd spunked they could have bought some ambition.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Interested to know.... on 16:58 - Apr 13 with 726 viewsgtsb1966

Interested to know.... on 16:06 - Apr 13 by Reuser_is_God

Tiki taka....Is that what the little boxes on the hillside were made of?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024