Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stephen Hunt on Captains, few paragraphs on Chambo. 22:24 - Apr 16 with 2319 viewsomuircheartaigh

http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/stephen-hunt-ranting-and-rav
Stephen Hunt on Captains, few paragraphs on Chambo. on 22:27 - Apr 16 with 2275 viewsPJH

Nice bit about Chambo isn't it?-I hope we get a new deal sorted for him.
Stephen Hunt on Captains, few paragraphs on Chambo. on 22:27 - Apr 16 with 2263 viewsKieran_Knows

Never mind, at least Gerken is getting a new deal.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Stephen Hunt on Captains, few paragraphs on Chambo. on 22:30 - Apr 16 with 2254 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The bit about chambo:

'Mick McCarthy said recently that Luke Chambers is the best captain he's ever had. And I wouldn't disagree with my old boss. Chambers is the best skipper I played under. When I got to Ipswich, I'd played for my country and played five or six years in the Premier League - which is not being big-headed, it's a fact. This kid, who hadn't achieved anything like that - and still hasn't - was my captain. Yet from the moment I met him, I looked up to him.

He always had the best interests of the team at heart. He had a way of welcoming new players to the squad and a way of being nice but steely within that group. He was Mick's voice in the dressing-room and on the pitch and he just had an instinctive way of knowing what the manager needed. Like Mick's assistant, Terry Connor, he wasn't the boss's puppet and he was not a complete 'yes man', but he was good for Mick and the team.

Chambers never put himself first. He played out of position when I was there, and he is still playing out of position and he loves it. That is the sort of thing I respected and admired. He inspires his team-mates to do better for him, and for Ipswich. He kept the football real and never allowed anyone to get big-time.'

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Stephen Hunt on Captains, few paragraphs on Chambo. on 22:31 - Apr 16 with 2233 viewsSWGF

And perfectly encapsulates why it's maddening that he doesn't have a new contract on the table.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Stephen Hunt on Captains, few paragraphs on Chambo. on 22:31 - Apr 16 with 2229 viewsMullet

That was excellent, cheers. Fascinating little insights throughout that.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Stephen Hunt on Captains, few paragraphs on Chambo. on 22:37 - Apr 16 with 2177 viewsomuircheartaigh

Stephen Hunt on Captains, few paragraphs on Chambo. on 22:27 - Apr 16 by PJH

Nice bit about Chambo isn't it?-I hope we get a new deal sorted for him.

indeed. It's a good endorsement for Chambo.
Stephen Hunt on Captains, few paragraphs on Chambo. on 22:41 - Apr 16 with 2159 viewsomuircheartaigh

Stephen Hunt on Captains, few paragraphs on Chambo. on 22:31 - Apr 16 by Mullet

That was excellent, cheers. Fascinating little insights throughout that.

Many thanks.
Stephen Hunt on Captains, few paragraphs on Chambo. on 22:43 - Apr 16 with 2146 viewsKieran_Knows

Stephen Hunt on Captains, few paragraphs on Chambo. on 22:37 - Apr 16 by omuircheartaigh

indeed. It's a good endorsement for Chambo.

Yer it's very good indeed.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Stephen Hunt on Captains, few paragraphs on Chambo. on 22:59 - Apr 16 with 2056 viewsolimar

Stephen Hunt on Captains, few paragraphs on Chambo. on 22:31 - Apr 16 by SWGF

And perfectly encapsulates why it's maddening that he doesn't have a new contract on the table.

Arguably the most important player we have. Which, given the thread elsewhere about McGoldrick, speaks volumes.
I echo your thoughts, I cannot understand what they are doing and to create the instability they did around him in January could easily have de-stabilised the whole squad. Perhaps it has.
Stephen Hunt on Captains, few paragraphs on Chambo. on 23:36 - Apr 16 with 1964 viewsjeera

Good little read, thanks.

Hard to not like hunt isn't it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Stephen Hunt on Captains, few paragraphs on Chambo. on 23:55 - Apr 16 with 1897 views3_5_2

My respect for Chambo went up further with the way he handled the nearly signing for Forest debacle. To come back from that, still no contract and continues to give 100% every game.

Play him at CB and give him a contract ffs!

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Stephen Hunt on Captains, few paragraphs on Chambo. on 00:01 - Apr 17 with 1876 viewspatrickswell

Reading that, I found myself thinking, "If Mick goes, why not make Luke player-manager?"
Stephen Hunt on Captains, few paragraphs on Chambo. on 00:15 - Apr 17 with 1832 viewsDolly2.0

Stephen Hunt on Captains, few paragraphs on Chambo. on 00:01 - Apr 17 by patrickswell

Reading that, I found myself thinking, "If Mick goes, why not make Luke player-manager?"

Not sure I'd go quite that far but I do reckon he'll be a manager one day.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Stephen Hunt on Captains, few paragraphs on Chambo. on 00:58 - Apr 17 with 1755 viewsMelford

Phil needs to make this a sticky thread at the top so everybody can read it.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024