Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad Refresh 08:53 - Apr 21 with 2231 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Mick has said there will be some big changes this summer. It sounds like there will be a bit of a spring clean, which is what the club needs as a number of players have stagnated in recent seasons.

Some players are ageing and not up to their former standards, some will be wearied by the negativity around this season, and some just haven't lived up to standards at all in their time here.

These are the players I think need to be moved on:

Berra
Best
Digby
Coke
Bru
Douglas

There are others who I'd also strongly consider - players who might have done a job, but are perhaps blocking younger, more talented players from getting their chance.

Discuss!

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Squad Refresh on 09:06 - Apr 21 with 1683 viewsNo9

They need to move on more than that.
All over 30 need to go except, perhaps the skipper & Bart
Squad Refresh on 09:15 - Apr 21 with 1667 viewsKieran_Knows

If Mick stays, the players I see him moving on (released/out of contract or selling) are;
Berra
Best
Pitman
Digby
Coke
Bru
Douglas
Crowe

Players out of contract but we'll look to renew;
Taylor
Chambers
Spence

Loan players we'll look to sign permanently;
Williams
Samuel
Huws

That'll leave a squad of;
Gerken, Bart
Taylor, Knudsen, Chambers, Smith, Spence, Webster, Emmanuel, Kenlock
Bishop, Skuse, Ward, Hyam, Williams, Dozzell, Benyu, Rowe, Huws, Nydam
McGoldrick, Sears, Moore, Samuel

Knowing Mick he'll want to get another back up keeper in, and looking at that we'd need another centre back as cover, as well as another striker, or 2.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2017 9:34]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Squad Refresh on 09:28 - Apr 21 with 1631 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Squad Refresh on 09:15 - Apr 21 by Kieran_Knows

If Mick stays, the players I see him moving on (released/out of contract or selling) are;
Berra
Best
Pitman
Digby
Coke
Bru
Douglas
Crowe

Taylor
Chambers
Spence

Williams
Samuel
Huws

Gerken, Bart

Knowing Mick he'll want to get another back up keeper in, and looking at that we'd need another centre back as cover, as well as another striker, or 2.

Excellent analysis.

I'm seriously debating the possibility of Skuse, McGoldrick and Hyam being allowed to leave.

Skuse has been a good servant, but nowhere near as good in the past two seasons as he has been before - perhaps he's occupying a place in the team that a promising youngster could fill.

McGoldrick and Hyam have both been so injury prone. Clearing their wages would free up funds for a freshen up.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Squad Refresh on 09:31 - Apr 21 with 1616 viewsKieran_Knows

Squad Refresh on 09:28 - Apr 21 by ThatMuhrenCross

Excellent analysis.

I'm seriously debating the possibility of Skuse, McGoldrick and Hyam being allowed to leave.

Skuse has been a good servant, but nowhere near as good in the past two seasons as he has been before - perhaps he's occupying a place in the team that a promising youngster could fill.

McGoldrick and Hyam have both been so injury prone. Clearing their wages would free up funds for a freshen up.

I think if Mick stays then Skuse and McGoldrick definitely stay, IMO. However, if MM was to leave, then I could see a new manager moving those on.

Agree about Hyam, although whenever he's been fit, he's been in the side, so clearly someone who Mick rates.

The squad does need freshening up, but it's got to be quality over quantity for me, if we could get 4/5 players in the same ilk and price bracket as what Ward and Webster were last summer, that'll refresh the squad nicely. That said, if Mick is still here, I think we'll be back in for Hugill (Preston may sell in the summer as it gives them more time to replace him) and Marley Watkins from Barnsley for free.

Squad Refresh on 09:32 - Apr 21 with 1613 viewshoppy

Berra
Best
Pitman
Digby
Coke
Bru
Douglas
Crowe

Taylor
Chambers
Spence

Williams
Samuel
Huws

Gerken, Bart

I think you can possibly add Dominic Samuel to the list of those on loan we'll look to sign permanently, don't you think?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Squad Refresh on 09:32 - Apr 21 with 1613 viewsBLUEBEAT

I reckon Moore will go too.

Poll: W or W

Squad Refresh on 09:34 - Apr 21 with 1608 viewsKieran_Knows

Squad Refresh on 09:32 - Apr 21 by hoppy

I think you can possibly add Dominic Samuel to the list of those on loan we'll look to sign permanently, don't you think?

Must admit, did forget to add him! But yes, i'm sure if he's given some minutes over the next 3 games and continues to impress, he will be one we look to add permanently.

Squad Refresh on 09:34 - Apr 21 with 1606 viewsKieran_Knows

Squad Refresh on 09:32 - Apr 21 by BLUEBEAT

I reckon Moore will go too.

Off to Newcastle I heard, £3m.....

Login to get fewer ads

Squad Refresh on 09:34 - Apr 21 with 1607 viewshype313

Berra
Best
Pitman
Digby
Coke
Bru
Douglas
Crowe

Taylor
Chambers
Spence

Williams
Samuel
Huws

Gerken, Bart

Bart will go, so we will need 2 keepers.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Squad Refresh on 09:36 - Apr 21 with 1600 viewsKieran_Knows

Squad Refresh on 09:34 - Apr 21 by hype313

Bart will go, so we will need 2 keepers.

I'm not so sure myself, I think he'll be here until at least January.

Squad Refresh on 09:40 - Apr 21 with 1577 viewshoppy

Squad Refresh on 09:34 - Apr 21 by Kieran_Knows

Can't believe we'd let him go for that. What sort of replacement can you get for £3m?

Squad Refresh on 09:42 - Apr 21 with 1568 viewsKieran_Knows

Squad Refresh on 09:40 - Apr 21 by hoppy

Can't believe we'd let him go for that. What sort of replacement can you get for £3m?

Ha!

Squad Refresh on 09:44 - Apr 21 with 1558 viewshomer_123

Squad Refresh on 09:36 - Apr 21 by Kieran_Knows

I'm not so sure myself, I think he'll be here until at least January.

There is a good reason why Gerks wasn't sold in the Jan transfer window and his contract is being extended. Two championship clubs in for him one in Jan and Town refused to let him go.

Bart will go in the summer. New keeper will come in - depending on who we can get it'll either be a Bart replacement with Gerks as backup or Gerks will be No 1.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Squad Refresh on 09:48 - Apr 21 with 1544 viewsKieran_Knows

Squad Refresh on 09:44 - Apr 21 by homer_123

There is a good reason why Gerks wasn't sold in the Jan transfer window and his contract is being extended. Two championship clubs in for him one in Jan and Town refused to let him go.

Bart will go in the summer. New keeper will come in - depending on who we can get it'll either be a Bart replacement with Gerks as backup or Gerks will be No 1.

Good to see you around Homer.

I know what you're saying makes perfect sense, but IMO, I just think Bart will stay until at least January.

Squad Refresh on 10:04 - Apr 21 with 1505 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Squad Refresh on 09:40 - Apr 21 by hoppy

Bet you could get one for 10k though...

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Squad Refresh on 10:24 - Apr 21 with 1456 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

I think the squad is in major need of a refresh and if Mick is staying, then I am glad he is going to address that at least.

Like you, I think the following will be leaving this summer:

Berra
Best
Coke
Bru
Douglas
Lawrence (end of loan deal)
Bart (likely to be sold)
Diagouraga (end of loan deal)

There are of course more whose futures are up in the air - Chambers, Taylor, Pitman, Williams, Samuel & Huws

So that's potentially 14 players plus any youth players that are not kept on that we could lose this summer. If we could tie up deals for those that's futures are up in the air, keep Bart and add a few quality signings then I think it would be deemed as a good summer in my eyes. As long as we don't replace dead wood with more dead wood otherwise we will be in exactly the same position, I would rather play the younger lads then bring in more players like Best or Douglas.

And if we do lose Bart, we must at least go out and buy a decent keeper to replace him. I like Gerken but not sure if he should be our regular number one next season. Was thinking about starting a thread on potential replacements for Bart just in case he does leave-any obvious suggestions???

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Squad Refresh on 10:26 - Apr 21 with 1448 viewsDublinBlue84

Shouldn't the thread start

"Marcus Evans has realised that the season ticket numbers are down and figured that the club should come bearing gifts and making statements about next season to the supporters to encourage more people to buy them."

The fact the timing is only shortly after the early bird deadline should be the first giveaway as well as the fact Mick says we COULD have a new look team next year.

"“It could be a busy summer. We could have a new look side next season. We have players who are on loan, we don’t know if we want to keep them, can we keep them? Do they want to be here?"

Lots of caveats with only one aim = say things to sell more tickets.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2017 10:29]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Squad Refresh on 10:28 - Apr 21 with 1438 viewsmanchego

more significantly, if MM is talking about a busy summer it's likely he is staying.
Squad Refresh on 10:30 - Apr 21 with 1431 viewsbazza

Big changes players moving = mick playing a different formation with the same squad. And gerken in goal.
Squad Refresh on 10:41 - Apr 21 with 1402 viewsblueblood66

MICK OUT
Squad Refresh on 10:41 - Apr 21 with 1402 viewshoppy

Squad Refresh on 10:28 - Apr 21 by manchego

more significantly, if MM is talking about a busy summer it's likely he is staying.

At least that would give a good bit of stability in amongst a lot of other changes, won't it?

Squad Refresh on 11:02 - Apr 21 with 1365 viewsDublinBlue84

Squad Refresh on 10:41 - Apr 21 by hoppy

At least that would give a good bit of stability in amongst a lot of other changes, won't it?

The next Phase of this is to extend the Early Bird Deadline in view of this "Announcement"

Wonder how many suckers will be taken in.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Squad Refresh on 11:10 - Apr 21 with 1349 viewsTIB

Squad Refresh on 09:34 - Apr 21 by Kieran_Knows

I heard it was Leicester for £7m

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Squad Refresh on 11:52 - Apr 21 with 1277 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Squad Refresh on 09:31 - Apr 21 by Kieran_Knows

I think if Mick stays then Skuse and McGoldrick definitely stay, IMO. However, if MM was to leave, then I could see a new manager moving those on.

Agree about Hyam, although whenever he's been fit, he's been in the side, so clearly someone who Mick rates.

The squad does need freshening up, but it's got to be quality over quantity for me, if we could get 4/5 players in the same ilk and price bracket as what Ward and Webster were last summer, that'll refresh the squad nicely. That said, if Mick is still here, I think we'll be back in for Hugill (Preston may sell in the summer as it gives them more time to replace him) and Marley Watkins from Barnsley for free.

There had been rumours of Skuse and Bristol City, though not sure if that is Brizzle fans just wanting a local lad to return home. Not too fussed either way provided we use his (probably decent) wage to get a worthwhile replacement.

On Hyam, Mick is clearly a fan and has brought him back into the side whenever he has had chance. Also, at 25 he clearly still has a lot of time on his side and could still fine tune parts of his game, i.e. passing to someone wearing the same colour shirt
Squad Refresh on 12:10 - Apr 21 with 1224 viewsGeoffSentence

Squad Refresh on 10:04 - Apr 21 by southnorfolkblue

Bet you could get one for 10k though...

Don't even need another 10K, Moore is tall he could be converted into a keeper.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024