Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry Redknapp quote 10:27 - Apr 21 with 3585 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

"I think if we can stay up this year, the potential is here to build a team that next year would be looking at the play-offs,"
"It's not that difficult to put together a good team in the Championship, if you know what you're doing. You can go out and pick up players, you haven't got to spend fortunes."

Discuss
Harry Redknapp quote on 09:31 - Apr 22 with 760 viewsDolly2.0

Harry Redknapp quote on 09:10 - Apr 22 by Mullet

But answers the point in question and proves he was a chancer long before he came here.

No, it only proves that the writer (who sounds fairly bitter BTW, I wonder if he's a Derby supporter) is able to cobble together a massively one-sided, agenda-led article that brushes off any achievements, or excuses them, and only focuses on the negatives.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Harry Redknapp quote on 12:22 - Apr 22 with 723 viewsClausThomsen

Harry Redknapp quote on 10:49 - Apr 21 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Difference is MM has some history of pulling sides together on small budgets and building sides greater than the sum of their parts.

'Arry has a history of signing 'bits of quality' which are more often loose canons and form an expensively assembled dysfunctional teams which are weaker than the sum of their parts.

Also, 'Arry isn't as well versed in Championship football as he thinks he is, he certainly doesn't have the experience of a Warnock or McCarthy. I think he's setting himself up for a fall here (and as other have said) repeating the same mistake as Roy Keane

"'Arry" has been promoted from the Championship twice - the same amount as MM.

He's also the manager who helped Bale become an attacker and put together the best Spurs side for a long while (until Pochettino's).

He's dodgy but he's got a good record.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024