Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick singing Gerkin's praises again... 21:38 - Apr 22 with 1328 viewsJimmy86

My real worry is we will receive interest in Bart during the summer and the club will cash in.

The real issue is Mick has activated the pickles extra year on his deal and has already spoken about tying him down to a longer term deal. It really would be worst case scenario if Mick views Gerken as a number 1 keeper for a potential play off side.

Think it has now been proven, without doubt that Bart is the best keeper at the club and one of the best in the league. Gerken is fine as back up, but is not a number 1 keeper, or shouldn't be.

If Bart goes I would expect Mick to sign a new number 1 and not someone to battle Gerken for the spot.
Mick singing Gerkin's praises again... on 21:59 - Apr 22 with 1266 viewstextbackup

The Gerken arguments have already started and Bart is still here.

100% Gerks will be number 1 next season, and the more he fcks up the more MM will defend him, and more the MM crew on here will back MM for backing Gerken.

Gerken has had run ins with fans in past (Lincoln most recent) he's easily distracted and takes his mind off the game, no where near good enough as a full time number 1

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mick singing Gerkin's praises again... on 22:06 - Apr 22 with 1238 viewsJimmy86

Mick singing Gerkin's praises again... on 21:59 - Apr 22 by textbackup

100% Gerks will be number 1 next season, and the more he fcks up the more MM will defend him, and more the MM crew on here will back MM for backing Gerken.

Gerken has had run ins with fans in past (Lincoln most recent) he's easily distracted and takes his mind off the game, no where near good enough as a full time number 1

What was his run in at Lincoln? Thought he did ok that night and was 1 of the only 1's who did.

Pickle is ok as back up, but if Bart is sold I would expect Mick to sign a proper number 1 to replace Bart, as Gerken isn't good enough for a play off chasing team
Mick singing Gerkin's praises again... on 07:33 - Apr 23 with 1090 viewsjas0999

Mick singing Gerkin's praises again... on 21:59 - Apr 22 by textbackup

Completely agree. Good shot stopper, but has no control of his area. Poor on crosses. Defenders have noticeable less faith in him. Overall a very average keeper.
Mick singing Gerkin's praises again... on 07:39 - Apr 23 with 1077 viewsartsbossbeard

Bart is Fulham bound unless someone else comes in but family settled in Ipswich, so commuting distance only being considered. Heard it hear first.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Mick singing Gerkin's praises again... on 07:44 - Apr 23 with 1062 viewsITFC_Forever

Mick singing Gerkin's praises again... on 22:06 - Apr 22 by Jimmy86

What was his run in at Lincoln? Thought he did ok that night and was 1 of the only 1's who did.

Pickle is ok as back up, but if Bart is sold I would expect Mick to sign a proper number 1 to replace Bart, as Gerken isn't good enough for a play off chasing team

Had a go back at the fans after the full-time whistle when the fans were rightly giving the team pelters.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Mick singing Gerkin's praises again... on 07:50 - Apr 23 with 1043 viewsMullet

He actually looked better yesterday than he has for a while. The context makes it hard to judge much, but bad keepers don't save penalties like that too often either. It was relatively impressive and compared to O'Donnell at the other end Gerken was a step up by some distance.

I think Bart's kicking is the reason he's at Ipswich at all. If he had the all round game he'd be well beyond us and many Champ clubs too. He was a real gem, but also has had spells of poor form and improvement like most players.

If we had Gerken and say Crowe next year the only benefit would be the assumption we'd use the funds on those in front of them. We've got lots of youth keepers coming through too which makes the position slightly interesting.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Mick singing Gerkin's praises again... on 07:52 - Apr 23 with 1034 viewstextbackup

Mick singing Gerkin's praises again... on 07:50 - Apr 23 by Mullet

He actually looked better yesterday than he has for a while. The context makes it hard to judge much, but bad keepers don't save penalties like that too often either. It was relatively impressive and compared to O'Donnell at the other end Gerken was a step up by some distance.

I think Bart's kicking is the reason he's at Ipswich at all. If he had the all round game he'd be well beyond us and many Champ clubs too. He was a real gem, but also has had spells of poor form and improvement like most players.

If we had Gerken and say Crowe next year the only benefit would be the assumption we'd use the funds on those in front of them. We've got lots of youth keepers coming through too which makes the position slightly interesting.

'Use the funds' lol... you've heard of Marcus Evans haven't you?

Mick singing Gerkin's praises again... on 07:53 - Apr 23 with 1029 viewshype313

Mick singing Gerkin's praises again... on 07:39 - Apr 23 by artsbossbeard

Bart is Fulham bound unless someone else comes in but family settled in Ipswich, so commuting distance only being considered. Heard it hear first.

My in laws are his neighbours on Mill Heath and his wife loves it around here, as you say if he does go it will be to clubs within a commutable distance I'd say.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Mick singing Gerkin's praises again... on 07:56 - Apr 23 with 1021 viewsMullet

Mick singing Gerkin's praises again... on 07:53 - Apr 23 by hype313

My in laws are his neighbours on Mill Heath and his wife loves it around here, as you say if he does go it will be to clubs within a commutable distance I'd say.

Was told Palace about a month ago. But no idea if that was anything more than someone looking at google map and guessing. What's their keeper situation even like these days?

Bart is clearly a devoted Dad given his tweets are pretty much that his glove sponsors. I can't imagine he'd do 5 nights in a flat and spend the days off in Ipswich etc. But then for 5 x times your wages working away from home isn't that unusual or a bind is it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Mick singing Gerkin's praises again... on 07:59 - Apr 23 with 1011 viewsBluebell

Mick singing Gerkin's praises again... on 07:56 - Apr 23 by Mullet

Was told Palace about a month ago. But no idea if that was anything more than someone looking at google map and guessing. What's their keeper situation even like these days?

Bart is clearly a devoted Dad given his tweets are pretty much that his glove sponsors. I can't imagine he'd do 5 nights in a flat and spend the days off in Ipswich etc. But then for 5 x times your wages working away from home isn't that unusual or a bind is it?

Palace still have the chance of being relegated so I guess it will depend on that although, as you say, wages would be a hell of a lot more than he is getting at Town.
Mick singing Gerkin's praises again... on 08:35 - Apr 23 with 934 viewsTractorWood

Mick singing Gerkin's praises again... on 07:56 - Apr 23 by Mullet

Bart seems like a top chap and a great family man. However, given his wage is likely to more than double and he's moved from the South coast to Nottingham and then Nottingham to East Anglia I see little credibility behind the 'his family are really settled card'.

Life in London and a massive pay rise/signing on fee seems win-win.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Mick singing Gerkin's praises again... on 09:07 - Apr 23 with 883 viewstextbackup

Mick singing Gerkin's praises again... on 07:53 - Apr 23 by hype313

Kids settled at a school, his missus has mates at local gym, they won't be moving from the area. Maybe he'll join norwich

Mick singing Gerkin's praises again... on 09:24 - Apr 23 with 852 viewsClausThomsen

Mick singing Gerkin's praises again... on 07:50 - Apr 23 by Mullet

When has Bart had spells of poor form?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024