Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grant Ward and the crowd 10:57 - Apr 30 with 5656 viewsBluefish

Nothing seemed to come off for him yesterday but it was getting worse with the constant disapproval from the crowd. We say we don't want boring footballers but then the crowds gets on the back of exciting youngsters when what they tried doesn't come off.

Ward, Webster, kenlock, Emmanuel, Dozzell, Rowe etc need to be able to play without fear by trying stuff that didn't always come off

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Grant Ward and the crowd on 11:04 - Apr 30 with 4577 viewstextbackup

Mate he struggled to control the ball, that's not exciting stuff

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Grant Ward and the crowd on 11:09 - Apr 30 with 4532 viewsBluefish

Grant Ward and the crowd on 11:04 - Apr 30 by textbackup

Mate he struggled to control the ball, that's not exciting stuff

As I said absolutely nothing came off for him but he was getting on the ball and trying to make things work

The alternative is Douglas type players that don't attempt anything

Grant Ward and the crowd on 11:13 - Apr 30 with 4499 viewstextbackup

Grant Ward and the crowd on 11:09 - Apr 30 by Bluefish

As I said absolutely nothing came off for him but he was getting on the ball and trying to make things work

The alternative is Douglas type players that don't attempt anything

I think after the 4th or 5th time of it not going right people will turn to mates and say 'oh god'
Nothing differentbto any other set of fans, and it wasn't loud and/or massively negative

All in all, nothing to see here

Grant Ward and the crowd on 11:28 - Apr 30 with 4413 viewsbournemouthblue

How did Rowe get on out of interest?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Grant Ward and the crowd on 11:32 - Apr 30 with 4394 viewsExiled_Blue

Grant Ward and the crowd on 11:28 - Apr 30 by bournemouthblue

Didn't do a lot, but then nor did any of our attacking players in the second half.
Grant Ward and the crowd on 11:33 - Apr 30 with 4381 viewstextbackup

Grant Ward and the crowd on 11:28 - Apr 30 by bournemouthblue

Why the fck MM played Lawrence over Rowe I'll never know.
Lawrence played like a loan player going back in a week, Rowe has fans to impress and a contract.

Grant Ward and the crowd on 12:20 - Apr 30 with 4218 viewstaximan

Grant Ward and the crowd on 11:33 - Apr 30 by textbackup

Why the fck MM played Lawrence over Rowe I'll never know.
Lawrence played like a loan player going back in a week, Rowe has fans to impress and a contract.

i also thought that picking lawrence over rowe a strange decision

though after the nine changes at rotherham, nothing should surprise us
Grant Ward and the crowd on 12:27 - Apr 30 with 4194 viewsbournemouthblue

Grant Ward and the crowd on 11:32 - Apr 30 by Exiled_Blue

Didn't do a lot, but then nor did any of our attacking players in the second half.

Any nice touches or glimpses of ability?

Login to get fewer ads

Grant Ward and the crowd on 16:09 - Apr 30 with 3936 viewsArnieM

Grant Ward and the crowd on 12:27 - Apr 30 by bournemouthblue

Any nice touches or glimpses of ability?

TBH Wednesday hasd such control over the game , by the time Rowe came on, that he hardly had a sniff of the ball. He was the stand out player at Rotherham last week, and given that it was a makeshift "team", I thought he did very well. He likes to cut in and is very direct running and quick. Prepared to take players on and defends back well. Gonna be a good player for us as long as McCarthy doesn't decide to play him at centre back or similar!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Grant Ward and the crowd on 19:02 - Apr 30 with 3778 viewsbournemouthblue

Grant Ward and the crowd on 16:09 - Apr 30 by ArnieM

TBH Wednesday hasd such control over the game , by the time Rowe came on, that he hardly had a sniff of the ball. He was the stand out player at Rotherham last week, and given that it was a makeshift "team", I thought he did very well. He likes to cut in and is very direct running and quick. Prepared to take players on and defends back well. Gonna be a good player for us as long as McCarthy doesn't decide to play him at centre back or similar!

That sounds good to me, I just hope that isn't sucked out of him

Ward started very promisingly and has gradually become more and more reserved. The same happened to Maitland-Niles.

Grant Ward and the crowd on 19:09 - Apr 30 with 3763 viewsPJH

Grant Ward and the crowd on 19:02 - Apr 30 by bournemouthblue

That sounds good to me, I just hope that isn't sucked out of him

Ward started very promisingly and has gradually become more and more reserved. The same happened to Maitland-Niles.

I don't agree with your assessment of Ward's season-I would say he has generally had a better second half of the season than first half.
There have been good and poor games from him both early season and from the turn of the year but on the whole I reckon he is on average looking better now than at the start.
Grant Ward and the crowd on 19:11 - Apr 30 with 3754 viewsbournemouthblue

Grant Ward and the crowd on 19:09 - Apr 30 by PJH

I don't agree with your assessment of Ward's season-I would say he has generally had a better second half of the season than first half.
There have been good and poor games from him both early season and from the turn of the year but on the whole I reckon he is on average looking better now than at the start.

I think perhaps I have the Norwich home game in my mind along with the early goals. It probably helped to be feeding Murphy also?

Grant Ward and the crowd on 19:16 - Apr 30 with 3739 viewsPJH

Grant Ward and the crowd on 19:11 - Apr 30 by bournemouthblue

I think perhaps I have the Norwich home game in my mind along with the early goals. It probably helped to be feeding Murphy also?

I agree that there were obviously some good performances by him early on but they as now were mixed with some poor ones.I just think overall he has been better from xmas or thereabouts onwards than in the first four months.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 19:17]
Grant Ward and the crowd on 19:26 - Apr 30 with 3695 viewsYallop

Grant Ward and the crowd on 12:20 - Apr 30 by taximan

i also thought that picking lawrence over rowe a strange decision

though after the nine changes at rotherham, nothing should surprise us

Why did he play him on the right. He's a left winger!
Grant Ward and the crowd on 19:49 - Apr 30 with 3634 viewsnbsiyag

He was on his own trying to create anything from central midfield. Alongside him was a total and utter waste of space. We may as well have played with 10 men.

Sheffield Wednesday had a free run to control central midfield. Whilst we play with Skuse, we will never control the key area of the pitch.
Grant Ward and the crowd on 20:03 - Apr 30 with 3580 viewsPJH

Grant Ward and the crowd on 19:49 - Apr 30 by nbsiyag

He was on his own trying to create anything from central midfield. Alongside him was a total and utter waste of space. We may as well have played with 10 men.

Sheffield Wednesday had a free run to control central midfield. Whilst we play with Skuse, we will never control the key area of the pitch.

Strange that we controlled that key area of the pitch against Newcastle then,with Skuse outstanding.
Grant Ward and the crowd on 20:06 - Apr 30 with 3572 viewsnbsiyag

Grant Ward and the crowd on 20:03 - Apr 30 by PJH

Strange that we controlled that key area of the pitch against Newcastle then,with Skuse outstanding.

Yes very strange. How do you explain that?
Grant Ward and the crowd on 20:09 - Apr 30 with 3561 viewsPJH

Grant Ward and the crowd on 20:06 - Apr 30 by nbsiyag

Yes very strange. How do you explain that?

Well I explain that by saying that Skuse,when playing well,is very good at enabling us to have some sort of control in midfield which when players alongside him also play well(as Ward and Huws did against Newcastle)gives us control of that very important area.

How do you explain it?
Grant Ward and the crowd on 20:17 - Apr 30 with 3534 viewsnbsiyag

Grant Ward and the crowd on 20:09 - Apr 30 by PJH

Well I explain that by saying that Skuse,when playing well,is very good at enabling us to have some sort of control in midfield which when players alongside him also play well(as Ward and Huws did against Newcastle)gives us control of that very important area.

How do you explain it?

Newcastle perhaps thought it would be a stroll. Sheffield Wednesday on the other hand were very much focused and up for it. Skuse did not want to know for fear of being shown up for his lack of ability to do anything with the ball and instead of offering outlets for other players, he hid. He epitomises the failings of the McCarthy approach to the game.
Grant Ward and the crowd on 20:24 - Apr 30 with 3517 viewsPJH

Grant Ward and the crowd on 20:17 - Apr 30 by nbsiyag

Newcastle perhaps thought it would be a stroll. Sheffield Wednesday on the other hand were very much focused and up for it. Skuse did not want to know for fear of being shown up for his lack of ability to do anything with the ball and instead of offering outlets for other players, he hid. He epitomises the failings of the McCarthy approach to the game.

Thank you for explaining-I think I understand,Newcastle were not trying but Sheff W were.
There was me thinking that we had control of midfield against Newcastle because our midfield played well but now I fully understand that that was not the case.
Grant Ward and the crowd on 20:29 - Apr 30 with 3496 viewsnbsiyag

Grant Ward and the crowd on 20:24 - Apr 30 by PJH

Thank you for explaining-I think I understand,Newcastle were not trying but Sheff W were.
There was me thinking that we had control of midfield against Newcastle because our midfield played well but now I fully understand that that was not the case.

No problem! Having watched the Town since the mid 1960s, i have never seen such ineffectual midfield play in that time. Forwards are starved of supply and defenders are continually exposed.
Grant Ward and the crowd on 20:31 - Apr 30 with 3477 viewsPJH

Grant Ward and the crowd on 20:29 - Apr 30 by nbsiyag

No problem! Having watched the Town since the mid 1960s, i have never seen such ineffectual midfield play in that time. Forwards are starved of supply and defenders are continually exposed.

I have only been watching a little bit longer than you and totally disagree but there you go.
Grant Ward and the crowd on 20:33 - Apr 30 with 3463 viewsnbsiyag

Grant Ward and the crowd on 20:31 - Apr 30 by PJH

I have only been watching a little bit longer than you and totally disagree but there you go.

You've seen worse? Do remind me.
Grant Ward and the crowd on 20:43 - Apr 30 with 3429 viewsBluefish

Grant Ward and the crowd on 20:33 - Apr 30 by nbsiyag

You've seen worse? Do remind me.

Roy Keane era

Grant Ward and the crowd on 20:48 - Apr 30 with 3407 viewsnbsiyag

Grant Ward and the crowd on 20:43 - Apr 30 by Bluefish

Roy Keane era

Leadboots for all his failings did not shirk so much.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024