Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Tickets 19:11 - Apr 30 with 3938 viewsDissblue

When does the Club usually announce season ticket sales? Could be interesting.

Poll: if you were asked to vote in a second Brexit referendum, would you vote:

Season Tickets on 19:22 - Apr 30 with 3158 viewshoofer

I think Phil said that the club would announce last week but I haven't heard a thing maybe it's just a low number and they are embarrassed to say at this time.
Season Tickets on 20:25 - Apr 30 with 3093 viewsPhilTWTD

Season Tickets on 19:22 - Apr 30 by hoofer

I think Phil said that the club would announce last week but I haven't heard a thing maybe it's just a low number and they are embarrassed to say at this time.

I said it takes a week or so for the paper applications and Direct Debit stuff to get sorted. Should be this week. High 9,000s is the likely figure, I believe.
Season Tickets on 20:48 - Apr 30 with 3046 viewsfactual_blue

Season Tickets on 20:25 - Apr 30 by PhilTWTD

I said it takes a week or so for the paper applications and Direct Debit stuff to get sorted. Should be this week. High 9,000s is the likely figure, I believe.

So around 25% down then. That 5% discount is looking a safe bet for the club.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Season Tickets on 20:50 - Apr 30 with 3042 viewschristiand

Season Tickets on 20:25 - Apr 30 by PhilTWTD

How do you think this figure will get received by the powers that be Phil? Do you think they were expecting it to be that low?
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 20:54]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Season Tickets on 21:24 - Apr 30 with 3009 viewsElderGrizzly

Season Tickets on 20:50 - Apr 30 by christiand

How do you think this figure will get received by the powers that be Phil? Do you think they were expecting it to be that low?

They are certainly recognising that without a huge improvement in entertainment, they won't go back up to anywhere near 12,000.

The only way that will improve is without Mick, so they have a huge decision to make & a big risk to take.

Certain status in this league with Mick, or the chance to soar or crash with a new manager.
Season Tickets on 21:25 - Apr 30 with 3018 viewsPhilTWTD

I think ME was warned by those working day in, day out at the club that the increase in price on top of the poor season would lead to a drop, so it won't come as a surprise. Will be a drop in income of about a million quid by my reckoning.
Season Tickets on 21:31 - Apr 30 with 2994 viewsGogs

Not 'def info' by any stretch of the imagination, but last night I heard from someone who is in regular direct contact with board members at ITFC, that they realise an error of judgement was made regarding 2017-18 season ticket pricing strategy and that a further announcement will be made this week. The distinct impression I got was that the announcement would be something more than just an extension of the 'early bird' deadline. This was pub talk, so make of it what you will, it could all turn out to be a load of bollox. The same person also told me that no-one on the board put any sort of price increase forward for next year's ST's. Second different person who has contact with board members that I've heard that from
Season Tickets on 21:36 - Apr 30 with 2969 viewsPhilTWTD

Season Tickets on 21:31 - Apr 30 by Gogs

Not 'def info' by any stretch of the imagination, but last night I heard from someone who is in regular direct contact with board members at ITFC, that they realise an error of judgement was made regarding 2017-18 season ticket pricing strategy and that a further announcement will be made this week. The distinct impression I got was that the announcement would be something more than just an extension of the 'early bird' deadline. This was pub talk, so make of it what you will, it could all turn out to be a load of bollox. The same person also told me that no-one on the board put any sort of price increase forward for next year's ST's. Second different person who has contact with board members that I've heard that from

I heard similar re the potential for the early bird to be extended, was discussed at the supporters' forum before the game yesterday.

Similarly I think there is an acceptance that season ticket pricing was an error. As per your sources the plan from those working day to day - there's not really a board in the traditional sense at Town - was for a small decrease in season ticket price but ME wanted an increase in line with previous years.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

Season Tickets on 21:45 - Apr 30 with 2913 viewsnbsiyag

Season Tickets on 21:36 - Apr 30 by PhilTWTD

I heard similar re the potential for the early bird to be extended, was discussed at the supporters' forum before the game yesterday.

Similarly I think there is an acceptance that season ticket pricing was an error. As per your sources the plan from those working day to day - there's not really a board in the traditional sense at Town - was for a small decrease in season ticket price but ME wanted an increase in line with previous years.

Any indication of a U turn on the 60- 64 concession removal?
Season Tickets on 21:51 - Apr 30 with 2893 viewsRegencyBlue

Season Tickets on 21:25 - Apr 30 by PhilTWTD

I think ME was warned by those working day in, day out at the club that the increase in price on top of the poor season would lead to a drop, so it won't come as a surprise. Will be a drop in income of about a million quid by my reckoning.

Quality decision by our illustrious owner there.

He's managed to alienate around 20% of his core customer base in one year. I do seriously wonder how he managed to build this massive business empire if the way he runs ITFC is indicative of his business acumen!
Season Tickets on 21:53 - Apr 30 with 2879 viewsjas0999

Season Tickets on 21:25 - Apr 30 by PhilTWTD

No small amount. AS long as Evans blames himself. Looks like a 2-3K drop. How on earth Evans could justify the increase after that shower this year is beyond me.
Season Tickets on 21:53 - Apr 30 with 2877 viewsPhilTWTD

Season Tickets on 21:45 - Apr 30 by nbsiyag

Any indication of a U turn on the 60- 64 concession removal?

No, but wouldn't surprise me if they did look at that again. I would guess any rethinks will come once they've assessed the early bird numbers.
Season Tickets on 21:57 - Apr 30 with 2860 viewsHARRY10

Season Tickets on 21:31 - Apr 30 by Gogs

An 'error of judgement'

or mistake as once it was

otherwise I think this comment from Milne is quite telling -

“Basically, it’s around the idea that we’ve got to understand that people’s lifestyles have changed and maybe they can’t come to every match and they want to pick and choose which matches they want to come to.

“I’m not a golfer myself, but they tell me golf club memberships are difficult to sell now because people don’t have that time every week to go and play. “The same with us, they can’t come to every match, so I think we’ve got to give more options on that and that’s what we’re working on.”

Which suggests a more realistic pricing structure for games, rather than to hit fans hard believing that will push them towards a season ticket. It also suggests that the drop in season tickets has been enough to cause a rethink.

However without a massive change on the pitch I doubt any price change will do much for attendances.
Season Tickets on 21:57 - Apr 30 with 2864 viewsFixed_It

Season Tickets on 21:53 - Apr 30 by PhilTWTD

No, but wouldn't surprise me if they did look at that again. I would guess any rethinks will come once they've assessed the early bird numbers.

I think that would be the easiest and most sensible adjustment to make. They clearly got that wrong!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Season Tickets on 22:01 - Apr 30 with 2839 viewsMullet

Season Tickets on 21:57 - Apr 30 by Fixed_It

I think that would be the easiest and most sensible adjustment to make. They clearly got that wrong!

Free bag of Werthers at the turnstile each game and a MEG embroidered tartan blanket for every one of them and I can't see the issue.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Season Tickets on 22:06 - Apr 30 with 2815 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Season Tickets on 21:57 - Apr 30 by HARRY10

An 'error of judgement'

or mistake as once it was

otherwise I think this comment from Milne is quite telling -

“Basically, it’s around the idea that we’ve got to understand that people’s lifestyles have changed and maybe they can’t come to every match and they want to pick and choose which matches they want to come to.

“I’m not a golfer myself, but they tell me golf club memberships are difficult to sell now because people don’t have that time every week to go and play. “The same with us, they can’t come to every match, so I think we’ve got to give more options on that and that’s what we’re working on.”

Which suggests a more realistic pricing structure for games, rather than to hit fans hard believing that will push them towards a season ticket. It also suggests that the drop in season tickets has been enough to cause a rethink.

However without a massive change on the pitch I doubt any price change will do much for attendances.

I'm not so sure on that. To me it's a point of principle. We have been served up dross, the ground is less than half full and the owner decides to up the prices. It's not the amount of the increase that bugs me - it's the fact that he has the nerve to increase them at all. I have never expected a significant reduction in the ticket price (although it would be entirely justified), but a modest reduction would have at least shown an element of the owner understanding that we had been short changed this year.

Poll: Our final position

Season Tickets on 22:11 - Apr 30 with 2801 viewsnbsiyag

Season Tickets on 22:01 - Apr 30 by Mullet

Free bag of Werthers at the turnstile each game and a MEG embroidered tartan blanket for every one of them and I can't see the issue.

Ageist snipes! You live up north and have probably not had to endure the dross at PR for the last couple of seasons. The club has taken away a concession for people who have supported the Town for 40+ years whilst the football is getting steadily worse. To be told you now must pay more removes any further thought on cancelling.
Season Tickets on 22:14 - Apr 30 with 2770 viewsPJH

Season Tickets on 22:11 - Apr 30 by nbsiyag

Ageist snipes! You live up north and have probably not had to endure the dross at PR for the last couple of seasons. The club has taken away a concession for people who have supported the Town for 40+ years whilst the football is getting steadily worse. To be told you now must pay more removes any further thought on cancelling.

As I am 66 the raising of the concession age did not make any difference to me personally but if I had been in the 60-64 age group(or just coming up to 60)it would have been a source of annoyance to me too.
Would probably have renewed anyway though.
Season Tickets on 23:15 - Apr 30 with 2675 viewsfactual_blue

Season Tickets on 21:57 - Apr 30 by Fixed_It

They would have to make a fulsome apology to get me to change my mind. At the moment they'd the Micheal Corlene answer from me; 'my answer is this - nothing. Not even the price if the season ticket which I expect you to pay.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Season Tickets on 23:38 - Apr 30 with 2642 viewsHARRY10

Season Tickets on 22:06 - Apr 30 by southnorfolkblue

I'm not so sure on that. To me it's a point of principle. We have been served up dross, the ground is less than half full and the owner decides to up the prices. It's not the amount of the increase that bugs me - it's the fact that he has the nerve to increase them at all. I have never expected a significant reduction in the ticket price (although it would be entirely justified), but a modest reduction would have at least shown an element of the owner understanding that we had been short changed this year.

I'm sorry, but I can't see how your reply addresses my post
Season Tickets on 08:09 - May 1 with 2518 viewsBenters

I reckon it will be 8.5k-9.5k but the club will say 10k for the 'feel good factor' .

Yet even at 10k they would have lost some 3k+ customers/fans in two seasons which is pretty poor.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Season Tickets on 08:31 - May 1 with 2482 viewsHerbivore

Season Tickets on 08:09 - May 1 by Benters

I reckon it will be 8.5k-9.5k but the club will say 10k for the 'feel good factor' .

Yet even at 10k they would have lost some 3k+ customers/fans in two seasons which is pretty poor.

It's already been pointed out to you what a stupid suggestion this is that you're making.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Season Tickets on 08:34 - May 1 with 2475 viewsHerbivore

Season Tickets on 21:36 - Apr 30 by PhilTWTD

If this is correct it shows how hopelessly out of touch ME is. Whilst we were always going to lose ST holders after a poor season you'd expect anyone with half a brain cell to realise that you're likely to lose even more people if you have the audacity to raise prices after a poor season, especially when our tickets are already amongst the most expensive in the league. Utterly absurd.

Season Tickets on 08:39 - May 1 with 2466 viewsBenters

Season Tickets on 08:31 - May 1 by Herbivore

It's already been pointed out to you what a stupid suggestion this is that you're making.

What you dont think the club 'bends the truth ' to suit ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Season Tickets on 08:47 - May 1 with 2443 viewsHerbivore

Season Tickets on 08:39 - May 1 by Benters

What you dont think the club 'bends the truth ' to suit ?

Let's go through this again. You're suggesting we'll sell 8 or 9 thousand but will announce a figure nearer to 10k. How exactly will that create a feel good factor? It's still 2k down on this year and very disappointing. What would the club gain from doing so? Let's then assume that someone at the club thinks the same as you (very unlikely) and decided to inflate the ST sales. How do they then go about covering it up? The accounts will show how many we've sold, are we going to fiddle the accounts and commit fraud to cover up the lie? Will we spend more on ensuring health and safety arrangements are in place for the inflated numbers? If not the lie will quickly be uncovered and would be a PR disaster. You've not remotely thought this through, so maybe refrain from chucking silly allegations around.
[Post edited 1 May 2017 8:50]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024