Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mogga is right, this is a disgrace 09:00 - May 2 with 1964 viewsBlueRaider

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39758489

Bring in a 10 point penalty for teams doing things like this

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Mogga is right, this is a disgrace on 09:17 - May 2 with 1834 viewsAxeldalai_lama

Frustrating, but ultimately uninforcable and the teams fault for being in that position in the first place.
Would it be better if Huddersfield played their full team but told them to back off and not risk being injured? Could be argued the changes might put in more effort than players not wanting to risk injury etc.
I'd be annoyed if it were us in this position, but I'd blame the other 40 odd games when we'd been shoite than 1 game when a team didn't try.
Mogga is right, this is a disgrace on 09:20 - May 2 with 1818 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I must admit that I was really disappointed with Huddersfield, bearing in mind that for a number of years they have been down the wrong end of the table, so they would have gone nuts if they were in Blackburn's position.

The problem with giving a points deduction is where do you draw the line, because on the face of it a manager should be entitled to pick the team that he wants. Yes this was an extreme example, but there will be plenty that are less clear cut.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Mogga is right, this is a disgrace on 09:25 - May 2 with 1790 viewsxrayspecs

MM had the right approach. Rest players for a dead rubber v Rotherham and field a full strength side v Newcastle, Sheff W and on Sunday at Forest.
Mogga is right, this is a disgrace on 09:28 - May 2 with 1770 viewsBlueNomad

Mogga is right, this is a disgrace on 09:25 - May 2 by xrayspecs

MM had the right approach. Rest players for a dead rubber v Rotherham and field a full strength side v Newcastle, Sheff W and on Sunday at Forest.

Steady on! You are not allowed to say MM was right on this forum.
Mogga is right, this is a disgrace on 09:31 - May 2 with 1758 viewsSwansea_Blue

Manager playing players who are in his playing squad shocker.

Nothing wrong with this at all. Either we have squads or we don't imo. Blackburn have had 45 games to try and avoid relegation, same as everyone else.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mogga is right, this is a disgrace on 12:40 - May 2 with 1469 viewsRadlett_blue

Mogga is right, this is a disgrace on 09:17 - May 2 by Axeldalai_lama

Frustrating, but ultimately uninforcable and the teams fault for being in that position in the first place.
Would it be better if Huddersfield played their full team but told them to back off and not risk being injured? Could be argued the changes might put in more effort than players not wanting to risk injury etc.
I'd be annoyed if it were us in this position, but I'd blame the other 40 odd games when we'd been shoite than 1 game when a team didn't try.

Defining it & then enforcing it will always be a problem. There used to be a Football League rule that "a club must field its strongest possible side" & clubs were fined in the past for fielding hugely weakened teams. However, it's been pushed to the limit in the PL & they've now defined it as playing any 11 from your declared squad is OK. I remember Liverpool playing a reserve team at Fulham a few years ago & losing when Fulham were fighting relegation & I think the Blunts went down. Also Mick played a Wolves reserve team at Old Trafford to save them for a relegation battle against Burnley a few days later. If we'd been in Blackburn's situation, we'd have been livid, but very hard to frame & enforce such a rule.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024