Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any of you lot stuck for an adventure this Summer? 09:10 - May 5 with 1335 viewsHeathlander

I went to Moldova last year on a Charity mission that a few of you good people helped me with donations. The charity TEECH are 3 volunteers short for this years trip. If any of you fancy it, two weeks at end of August then I would really recommend you go for it. You will have two of the most amazing weeks of your life. Here's the details.

Volunteers needed for Moldova charity mission

Would you like to spend two weeks this summer helping to provide warm and clean bathrooms for some of the poorest children in Europe? Do you have a skill such as plumbing or carpentry? Or can you provide hard work as your skill?

If you can, then a charity started in BT, would like to hear from you. TEECH visit Moldova in Eastern Europe every year, with many BT volunteers, to help improve the lives of the people there.

This year the team of volunteers are off to the village of Sturzeni in August. The aim is to convert one room in the school into two, so that there will be a bathroom for the boys and one for the girls. In the boys bathroom the volunteers will install 2 toilets, 3 urinals and 4 basins. In the girls there will be 5 toilets, 4 basins, with both rooms also having hand driers, tiled splash backs and new lino flooring.

TEECH still need 3 more volunteers for the trip. Full details are available on their website www.teech.org if you are interested in going or PM me to find out more.

Cheers

Heathy
Any of you lot stuck for an adventure this Summer? on 09:17 - May 5 with 1317 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yeah, I remember this from last year. Good luck with that, it seems like a great opportunity for some. I'd be no good as I've zero plumbing skills. Although if you need someone to leak test the urinals, I'm your man! (pun intended)

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Any of you lot stuck for an adventure this Summer? on 09:23 - May 5 with 1302 viewsHeathlander

Any of you lot stuck for an adventure this Summer? on 09:17 - May 5 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, I remember this from last year. Good luck with that, it seems like a great opportunity for some. I'd be no good as I've zero plumbing skills. Although if you need someone to leak test the urinals, I'm your man! (pun intended)

To be honest you don't need tradesman skills (although that does help). there is loads of labouring, lifting and shifting, painting, aid work that people can do. these type of skills are really important too. 50p a pint as well if that helps :)
Any of you lot stuck for an adventure this Summer? on 10:15 - May 5 with 1260 viewsWeWereZombies

I have had a quick look at the website and it does look like a great project, and a bit of an adventure. At £700 for two weeks away (less whatever you can raise through MyDonate) not a bad deal either. Unfortunately I have promised myself to get to FolkEast come hell or high water this year and that is slap bang in the middle of the fortnight, and I will be 62 by then so not quite the workhorse I once was (although I did spend yesterday afternoon herding cattle out of my indolent Manc neighbours garden and rebuilding fences).

Anyone else who reads this - post a reply and keep bumping it up the page if it does not get a sticky.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Any of you lot stuck for an adventure this Summer? on 10:19 - May 5 with 1254 viewsSwansea_Blue

Any of you lot stuck for an adventure this Summer? on 09:23 - May 5 by Heathlander

To be honest you don't need tradesman skills (although that does help). there is loads of labouring, lifting and shifting, painting, aid work that people can do. these type of skills are really important too. 50p a pint as well if that helps :)

I'll be road tripping in the states, but otherwise it's certainly something I'd consider. Stuff like this is great as it opens your eyes and it a break from the daily grind. A win win.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Any of you lot stuck for an adventure this Summer? on 10:28 - May 5 with 1241 viewsWeWereZombies

Any of you lot stuck for an adventure this Summer? on 10:19 - May 5 by Swansea_Blue

I'll be road tripping in the states, but otherwise it's certainly something I'd consider. Stuff like this is great as it opens your eyes and it a break from the daily grind. A win win.

If you are travelling through the southern states for the first time it will open your eyes.

Any of you lot stuck for an adventure this Summer? on 12:34 - May 5 with 1206 viewsNewcyBlue

This is something I would love to do, if it weren't for the fact I already spend too much time away from home. I am also due back to the jail that sails (© Hoppy) in August.

If you are doing it again Heathy please send the donation link so I can donate as usual.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Any of you lot stuck for an adventure this Summer? on 08:43 - May 6 with 1149 viewsWeWereZombies

Any of you lot stuck for an adventure this Summer? on 12:34 - May 5 by NewcyBlue

This is something I would love to do, if it weren't for the fact I already spend too much time away from home. I am also due back to the jail that sails (© Hoppy) in August.

If you are doing it again Heathy please send the donation link so I can donate as usual.

Seconded for the donation link
[Post edited 6 May 2017 8:43]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024