Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These potential squad changes McCarthy has spoken of 19:12 - May 5 with 2226 viewsbluesym

Can anyone really see anybody coming in to improve a typical McCarthy first 11?

I wouldn't be surprised to see an opening day lineup of-

Bart/Gerken
Chambers
Webster
Smith
Knudsen
Ward
Skuse
Huws
Hyam
Sears
McGoldrick

Can't see who he would look to replace out of that tbh.

I guess if Huws isn't signed then we may bring in another CM, but bar that,could well just be another load of squad filler brought in.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

These potential squad changes McCarthy has spoken of on 19:39 - May 5 with 2192 viewsSuperfrans

Given the talk of rebuilding, I would expect 5-6 players to be coming in. Should be a busy summe ahead.

So, I would have expect to see 3/4 changes to that line-up.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

These potential squad changes McCarthy has spoken of on 19:44 - May 5 with 2177 viewsbluesym

These potential squad changes McCarthy has spoken of on 19:39 - May 5 by Superfrans

Given the talk of rebuilding, I would expect 5-6 players to be coming in. Should be a busy summe ahead.

So, I would have expect to see 3/4 changes to that line-up.

Where do you see the changes being?

These potential squad changes McCarthy has spoken of on 20:00 - May 5 with 2155 viewsSuperfrans

These potential squad changes McCarthy has spoken of on 19:44 - May 5 by bluesym

Where do you see the changes being?

I suspect we might see a new central defender (assuming Taylor isn't considered worth risking a contract on), someone to replace Lawrence (a loan), another creative midfielder and new central striker (Hugill). And that's without counting any replacements for players who might leave, Bart and Berra being the most likely.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

These potential squad changes McCarthy has spoken of on 21:03 - May 5 with 2085 viewsKieran_Knows

I still expect Pitman and Bru to leave if I'm honest, don't think there ever going to be regulars here under Mick.

I think we'll finally sign a striker (Hugill or Ward), probably followed by Watkins from Barnsley and hopefully the permanent signing of Huws. Then I think we'll get Spence on a longer deal and Taylor on a 1 year deal.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

These potential squad changes McCarthy has spoken of on 22:00 - May 5 with 2012 viewschristiand

We'll have the same old negative tactics, same selections (with his proper blokes) and poor quality of football come the middle of August and we'll all wonder why nothing has changed? Throughout MM's managerial career he has had the same approach. In the space of 12 weeks we think that's all going to change? Major changes are needed and he's one of the issues that needs addressing, but keep sticking your head in the sand Evans and hope it all goes away!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

These potential squad changes McCarthy has spoken of on 22:04 - May 5 with 2005 viewsHerbivore

These potential squad changes McCarthy has spoken of on 20:00 - May 5 by Superfrans

I suspect we might see a new central defender (assuming Taylor isn't considered worth risking a contract on), someone to replace Lawrence (a loan), another creative midfielder and new central striker (Hugill). And that's without counting any replacements for players who might leave, Bart and Berra being the most likely.

I've heard a rumour we might be in for Ryan Bennett as a defensive option.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

These potential squad changes McCarthy has spoken of on 22:30 - May 5 with 1930 viewsTIB

I see fairly big changes...my half-cut 5-fold transfer guesses are...

Danny Ward
Huws
Isgrove
Sam Gallagher (Loan)
Power

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

These potential squad changes McCarthy has spoken of on 00:37 - May 6 with 1838 viewsHARRY10

These potential squad changes McCarthy has spoken of on 21:03 - May 5 by Kieran_Knows

I still expect Pitman and Bru to leave if I'm honest, don't think there ever going to be regulars here under Mick.

I think we'll finally sign a striker (Hugill or Ward), probably followed by Watkins from Barnsley and hopefully the permanent signing of Huws. Then I think we'll get Spence on a longer deal and Taylor on a 1 year deal.

I think that is extremely hopeful

I also think MM is hanging on to see what ME will come up with in the way of a player budget.

Remember that previous seasons we have supposedly benefited from player sales ie money in. Unless this happens I cannot see ME stumping up more money to cover those 'missing' funds, nor the million or so from lower ST sales.

So with a lower player budget I cannot see us getting in anyone who is not a freebie.
Login to get fewer ads

These potential squad changes McCarthy has spoken of on 06:29 - May 6 with 1773 viewsTractorWood

Ward, Skuse, Hyam and Huws. Let's be honest, none of those players have been consistently good enough to be a decent championship midfield. Huws is the closest and marks a significant improvement from what we have, so we have to get him in on our budget.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

These potential squad changes McCarthy has spoken of on 08:16 - May 6 with 1708 viewsbluesym

These potential squad changes McCarthy has spoken of on 06:29 - May 6 by TractorWood

Ward, Skuse, Hyam and Huws. Let's be honest, none of those players have been consistently good enough to be a decent championship midfield. Huws is the closest and marks a significant improvement from what we have, so we have to get him in on our budget.

wouldn't say i disagree,especially regarding Hyam,but remember,it comes down to whether McCarthy will replace anyone in his current bunch of old reliables.

Personally id love a brand new group of CM options,the middle of the park has been a problem for us for a ridiculous amount of time now.

These potential squad changes McCarthy has spoken of on 08:19 - May 6 with 1699 viewsNo9

Aye Up Lad, thee's left Duggie out, can't move forward without Duggie, ee's brilliant is Duggie an 'appen maybe we can get tabby back N' all
These potential squad changes McCarthy has spoken of on 08:26 - May 6 with 1680 viewsMullet

Bishop and Webster may well be like new signings or nothing - I always think that needs to be kept on the backburner.

Personally I'd like to see someone like Isgrove alongside Rowe to give us a bit more out wide. He seems the ideal kind of candidate to be honest.

I'm not really sure we're looking for specific individuals but players in a certain mould. I remember people scoffing at Huws and now look at his standing. But I think for both good will and the actual player himself he's a top of the list type signing.

I'd clear out Pitman and Bru, they've had enough time here to show what they can do. It's not that they're not good, just not good enough regularly that maybe a fresh scene is best for all involved.

When Rohan Ince was banded about I thought he was the type we need, and when we got Diagouraga you can sense there is a perverse appetite for a dominant physical midfielder. Flies in the face of all the rent-a-purism we hear most weeks but it definitely would help given we've missed Hyam for so long too who might also need to try his hand in League 1/a newly promoted side for his sake too.

Of the strikers Watkins is the best fit and makes the most sense to me. Someone who can play across the front and both defenders, I do wonder if we might find that abroad though. After Malarcyzk, Oar and Bajner you might wonder if Mick has had enough of imports but I'd hope not.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024