Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? 07:23 - May 6 with 3712 viewsBergholtBru

Anyway, these are my tentative suggestions:-

1) Ballet Concerto.
2) Ornate.
3) Galapiat.
4) Barney Roy.
5) Victory Angel.
6) Khalidi.
7) Son of the Stars.

Stay clear of these!!

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 07:31 - May 6 with 2359 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Was half tempted to do a preview as it's the 2000 Guineas

Anyway..

I've played in the 4 ITV races:
1:50 - Next Stage @ 3/1
2:20 - Priceless @ 8/1
3:00 - Seventh Heaven @ 4/6 (multiple only) and 7/4 in a multi the other day before the Stoute horse was withdrawn
3:35 - Al Wukair @ 9/2

Really fancy the French horse for the 2000 Guineas and had a punt on him last week at 9/2 thinking there could be money on him to come. Fabre expects a big run. I expect the track and likely fast pace to suit which should allow him to highlight his turn of foot.
[Post edited 6 May 2017 7:34]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 07:34 - May 6 with 2345 viewsTractorWood

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 07:31 - May 6 by The_Romford_Blue

Was half tempted to do a preview as it's the 2000 Guineas

Anyway..

I've played in the 4 ITV races:
1:50 - Next Stage @ 3/1
2:20 - Priceless @ 8/1
3:00 - Seventh Heaven @ 4/6 (multiple only) and 7/4 in a multi the other day before the Stoute horse was withdrawn
3:35 - Al Wukair @ 9/2

Really fancy the French horse for the 2000 Guineas and had a punt on him last week at 9/2 thinking there could be money on him to come. Fabre expects a big run. I expect the track and likely fast pace to suit which should allow him to highlight his turn of foot.
[Post edited 6 May 2017 7:34]

Cheers, lad. I'm going and will lump on all these after you landed me ton at the national. Adnams pub if they don't come in, can't lose!

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 07:37 - May 6 with 2338 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 07:34 - May 6 by TractorWood

Cheers, lad. I'm going and will lump on all these after you landed me ton at the national. Adnams pub if they don't come in, can't lose!

As you are going, I may as well say that the other three Newmarket races, I like:
4:10 - Victory Angel @ 13/8
4:45 - Night Circus @ 3/1
5:20 - Via Serendipity @ 8/1

That last horse of the day at 8/1 could be a massive price imo.

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 08:15 - May 6 with 2278 viewstaximan

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 07:37 - May 6 by The_Romford_Blue

As you are going, I may as well say that the other three Newmarket races, I like:
4:10 - Victory Angel @ 13/8
4:45 - Night Circus @ 3/1
5:20 - Via Serendipity @ 8/1

That last horse of the day at 8/1 could be a massive price imo.

how you can have a fancy/bet in every single race is beyond me

chuck enough mud and some might stick ?
Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 08:41 - May 6 with 2228 viewsBenters

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 08:15 - May 6 by taximan

yeah but that gives you more chance to win innit..or then maybe lose .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 08:43 - May 6 with 2227 viewsBergholtBru

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 08:15 - May 6 by taximan

You can`t really. But if you`re going you might as well have a bet. Doesn`t have to be big. If I was at home wouldn`t even consider betting in every race. With beer nearly £5 a pint on course got to get some dosh from somewhere!!

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 08:52 - May 6 with 2194 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I haven't bet any of the non tv races

I may play Via Serendity at 8s though

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 08:54 - May 6 with 2186 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 08:43 - May 6 by BergholtBru

You can`t really. But if you`re going you might as well have a bet. Doesn`t have to be big. If I was at home wouldn`t even consider betting in every race. With beer nearly £5 a pint on course got to get some dosh from somewhere!!

I'm home tomorrow so have done a multi on the 6 ITV races even though one of the Goodwood races looks a bit of a lottery

Just a bit of fun

As I often say, I only bet for fun and would be fine with breaking even.

Login to get fewer ads

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 08:55 - May 6 with 2182 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Two people in this thread are going who wanted some horses

Just chill out

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 08:55 - May 6 with 2181 viewsBergholtBru

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 08:52 - May 6 by The_Romford_Blue

I haven't bet any of the non tv races

I may play Via Serendity at 8s though

If that wins I`m voting labour!! Was at Yarmouth one day last year when it got beaten in an "egg and spoon" race! Probably makes it a cert!!!

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 09:03 - May 6 with 2164 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 08:55 - May 6 by BergholtBru

If that wins I`m voting labour!! Was at Yarmouth one day last year when it got beaten in an "egg and spoon" race! Probably makes it a cert!!!

I just watched the race at Yarmouth

Only his second run and beaten a length. His worst performance to date from 4 starts though.

Seems to be improving, 5th in the greenham from a strong pace suggests this fast ground mile may help.

Handicap mark is probably a tad low tbh. Still has improvement in him.

Thought 8/1 was a good price. The market revolves around the favourite though. That could well be a group race horse hence why I have not backed my fella yet. Waiting to see if any significant money comes for the favourite on the machine.

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 09:20 - May 6 with 2132 viewsBergholtBru

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 08:54 - May 6 by The_Romford_Blue

I'm home tomorrow so have done a multi on the 6 ITV races even though one of the Goodwood races looks a bit of a lottery

Just a bit of fun

Do you have RUK? Well worth getting if you watch on TV regularly. I find I can more or less get back the subscription ( £25 p/m approx ) by taking up the racecourse offers they have, as during flat season probably go racing nearly once a week.

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 09:21 - May 6 with 2131 viewstaximan

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 08:54 - May 6 by The_Romford_Blue

Just a bit of fun

so you haven't taken my advice about recording every bet you place ?

profit and loss and all that

you seem to do a lot of the "betting for fun" type of thing

slippery old slope
Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 09:23 - May 6 with 2120 viewstaximan

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 09:20 - May 6 by BergholtBru

Do you have RUK? Well worth getting if you watch on TV regularly. I find I can more or less get back the subscription ( £25 p/m approx ) by taking up the racecourse offers they have, as during flat season probably go racing nearly once a week.

i just can't get into flat racing

the good horses run about 8 times and are then retired
Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 09:24 - May 6 with 2120 viewsBergholtBru

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 09:21 - May 6 by taximan

slippery old slope

Not if it stays fun mate!. When the fun stops, stop.

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 09:26 - May 6 with 2113 viewstaximan

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 09:24 - May 6 by BergholtBru

Not if it stays fun mate!. When the fun stops, stop.

ha. you could use that as advert, or something !!!!!!!

i've had 5 bets since mid april
Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 09:30 - May 6 with 2107 viewsBergholtBru

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 09:26 - May 6 by taximan

ha. you could use that as advert, or something !!!!!!!

i've had 5 bets since mid april

It is an advert. Tell you what. West Ham were about 7`s to win last night. Thought about having a wager, but did I fcuk. Good price for home team in a derby. Anyway off to Newm soon, few beers in town first. Have a nice day. C`mon Barney Roy!!!

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 09:49 - May 6 with 2071 viewstaximan

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 09:30 - May 6 by BergholtBru

It is an advert. Tell you what. West Ham were about 7`s to win last night. Thought about having a wager, but did I fcuk. Good price for home team in a derby. Anyway off to Newm soon, few beers in town first. Have a nice day. C`mon Barney Roy!!!

i know its an advert !!!!!!!!

i'm working
Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 09:50 - May 6 with 2070 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 09:21 - May 6 by taximan

slippery old slope

The problem is that our stance to betting is completely different

You do it to make money.

I do it as a form of entertainment.

You bet far more than me money wise. I bet far more than you financially.

I've had 2 proper bets in 2017 - Alpha des Obeaux and one for Arthur.

Why do we have to go through this every single time?

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 09:53 - May 6 with 2064 viewstaximan

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 09:50 - May 6 by The_Romford_Blue

The problem is that our stance to betting is completely different

You do it to make money.

I do it as a form of entertainment.

You bet far more than me money wise. I bet far more than you financially.

I've had 2 proper bets in 2017 - Alpha des Obeaux and one for Arthur.

Why do we have to go through this every single time?

so have you started recording each and every bet you place ?
Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 10:01 - May 6 with 2033 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 09:53 - May 6 by taximan

so have you started recording each and every bet you place ?

No

I can't be bothered to write down every time I do a £3.30 Yankee on a random meeting during the week.

Just trust me that I know of control

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 10:03 - May 6 with 2022 viewstaximan

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 10:01 - May 6 by The_Romford_Blue

No

I can't be bothered to write down every time I do a £3.30 Yankee on a random meeting during the week.

yankees ?

good god

the bookies must love you

as my dear friend would say - "i'm out"
Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 10:06 - May 6 with 2015 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 10:03 - May 6 by taximan

yankees ?

good god

the bookies must love you

as my dear friend would say - "i'm out"

I'm sure they do

£3.30 Yankees on a midweek meeting when I'm round my nans watching the tv. For FUN.

It's a shame you've lost sight of betting and horse racing being for fun.

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 10:09 - May 6 with 2003 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 10:01 - May 6 by The_Romford_Blue

No

Totally agree with you.

I have two tiers, proper lumpy bets and the small lucky 15s etc which I might do in a shop. The proper lumps all done online and do can go back and see. Really don't need to write them down as I know whether I am running a loss if not.

Everybody does it different and I bave to say I find the Taximan way dull. It's as much about entertainment as it is laborious record keeping and what is it got to do with anyone if he bets in every race. I bet in a lot of races, sometimes two or even three selections in a big field handicap and I make that work for me.

BOT

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 10:10 - May 6 with 2002 viewstaximan

Off to Newmarket today. Where`s Rommy when you need him??? on 10:06 - May 6 by The_Romford_Blue

I'm sure they do

£3.30 Yankees on a midweek meeting when I'm round my nans watching the tv. For FUN.

It's a shame you've lost sight of betting and horse racing being for fun.

don't say stupid stuff

i watch loads of racing without feeling the need to have a bet, you seem unable to do this

i have had 5 bets since mid april

ballybolley w 9/2
melon lost
penhill lost
uknowahatimeanharry w 4/1
landofhopeandglory lost

anyway, work to do
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024