Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club 09:40 - May 6 with 7924 viewsblueblood66

Ok they went down because the board messed up finding a replacement, but its time we stood up and got this man out. Whether its not renewing your ST or protesting vocally I am not sure what is the best way to show displeasure. I am voting with my feet.
Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 13:17 - May 6 with 2892 viewsPlums

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 12:51 - May 6 by The_Romford_Blue

I don't know how you can't see it

It's like a painting competition but one painter is only given 4 different coloured paints and 1 brush

The tools compared to the opposition make us getting top 6 unrealistic

There isn't a manager in the world that will get us promoted on the budget we have. I genuinely believe that.

A 'team' is greater than the sum of its parts - or should be. A fit, well organised, mobile team supported by good tactics will do very well. Our style of play suggests we don't even seem to have attempted that as it's so one-dimensional and risk averse.
Our manager is in a football rut that's lower than a snake's belly in a canyon and the philosophy needs to change.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 13:48 - May 6 with 2874 viewsTheBlueBarca

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 09:46 - May 6 by Basuco

I think the Wolves experience is a warning, be careful what you wish for, we could end up with another "RK" experience or even worse end up being relegated. Why not just support your team?

You do realise that Mick, and Mick alone, guided us to our worst season since the 1950's. The only thing worse than this season would be relegation and thats not far off, so what exactly would be worse than what we are wishing for? Because right now this is the worst it's ever been.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 13:54 - May 6 with 2872 viewsLeoMuff

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 13:48 - May 6 by TheBlueBarca

You do realise that Mick, and Mick alone, guided us to our worst season since the 1950's. The only thing worse than this season would be relegation and thats not far off, so what exactly would be worse than what we are wishing for? Because right now this is the worst it's ever been.

Yet the 2 before were the best 2 in a decade...

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 13:54 - May 6 with 2874 viewsReuser_is_God

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 11:25 - May 6 by Kieran_Knows

So all of Wolves recent downfall is down to them sacking Mick too late?

No but all there problems since sacking MM isn't because they sacked MM, it was the poor appointments since.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 14:22 - May 6 with 2850 viewsKieran_Knows

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 13:54 - May 6 by Reuser_is_God

No but all there problems since sacking MM isn't because they sacked MM, it was the poor appointments since.

At the end of the day, would you walk away from a highly paid job if your boss didn't care how you was doing... although your colleagues didn't think you was doing a good job?

Of course you wouldn't.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 14:33 - May 6 with 2841 viewsRedWhiteAndBLUE

It's amazing he appears to be staying, he's got some major bridges to build with the supporters. I have renewed as my eldest daughter enjoys the day there with me but I fear it may not be for too much longer if the football doesn't improve.
Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 16:42 - May 6 with 2791 viewsKeaneish

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 14:22 - May 6 by Kieran_Knows

At the end of the day, would you walk away from a highly paid job if your boss didn't care how you was doing... although your colleagues didn't think you was doing a good job?

Of course you wouldn't.

Depends whether you value integrity over money. I would walk if the common consensous among the majority was that it was time for a change.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 18:50 - May 6 with 2736 viewsLeoMuff

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 16:42 - May 6 by Keaneish

Depends whether you value integrity over money. I would walk if the common consensous among the majority was that it was time for a change.

B@llocks , you would walk and forgo probably best part of million quid ? Pull the other one.

MM is thinking he has had 1 poor season in 4 why should he resign, particularly as he has massively overachieving results wise before this season compared to budget.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Login to get fewer ads

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 19:17 - May 6 with 2726 viewssundaze

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 18:50 - May 6 by LeoMuff

B@llocks , you would walk and forgo probably best part of million quid ? Pull the other one.

MM is thinking he has had 1 poor season in 4 why should he resign, particularly as he has massively overachieving results wise before this season compared to budget.

I agree that MM shouldn't be expected to walk away, however I would expect a decent owner to make that decision for him and send him on his way.
Regarding budget, do any of us know our budget? I can't imagine that MMs wages put him in the bottom half of championship managers. MM himself seems happy with his lot, if he was getting screwed by Evans on transfer budget, I doubt he would keep quiet and take the flak, after all he is never backward in telling the fans that they are wrong and he knows best.

The club needs to reinvent itself and do it quick, there is no communication with the fans, no statement of intent and no apology for the rubbish we have had to endure over the last 18 months. Fans are turning against fans and everyone is searching for any small fragment of hope before turning their back on another season of negative football at Portman Road.
Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 19:23 - May 6 with 2720 viewsTheBlueBarca

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 13:54 - May 6 by LeoMuff

Yet the 2 before were the best 2 in a decade...

Last season were awful, we just had Murphy still.

The season before that we fluked into the Playoffs. If it wasn't for Derby being a constant monumental cock up we wouldnt have even gotten that far and that ended with humiliation at Carrot Road.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 19:25 - May 6 with 2712 viewsLankHenners

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 19:23 - May 6 by TheBlueBarca

The season before that we fluked into the Playoffs. If it wasn't for Derby being a constant monumental cock up we wouldnt have even gotten that far and that ended with humiliation at Carrot Road.

Wait. People still believe that we "fluked" the playoffs thanks to Derby losing? Good grief.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 19:38 - May 6 with 2688 viewsbrogansnose

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 19:23 - May 6 by TheBlueBarca

Let's get this clear. We were beaten at Carrot Road but we were not , we were not, humiliated.
Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 19:42 - May 6 with 2678 viewsPJH

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 19:25 - May 6 by LankHenners

Wait. People still believe that we "fluked" the playoffs thanks to Derby losing? Good grief.

Amazing isn't it?
Points acquired over 46 games have obviously got nothing to do with final league placings then?
Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 20:09 - May 6 with 2659 viewsLankHenners

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 19:42 - May 6 by PJH

Amazing isn't it?
Points acquired over 46 games have obviously got nothing to do with final league placings then?

Anything which helps their agenda I guess. People will always look for the negatives, which leads to some heavy revisionism.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 20:17 - May 6 with 2647 viewsPJH

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 20:09 - May 6 by LankHenners

Anything which helps their agenda I guess. People will always look for the negatives, which leads to some heavy revisionism.

Apparently Derby are not in the playoffs again this season just because they have not got enough points,that rule needs changing.
Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 20:18 - May 6 with 2646 viewsKeaneish

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 18:50 - May 6 by LeoMuff

In the "MM is overachieving in his budget camp" are you? How much longer will this tedium play out I wonder? And yeah, if I'd been here for 4 seasons and earnt 4 million quid and the fans had decided I was no longer wanted I absolutely would leave for the integrity of the club and the fans.

What amazes me is that for a working class Yorkshire man, Mick seems to have forgotten his roots and that the fans are the foundation of any club - seems even his values are compromised for cold hard cash, that and his pride/ego. Our opinion should dictate the running of this club, sadly we can't even agree on fundamental right and wrongs let alone mount any kind of meaningful action among us.

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 20:21 - May 6 with 2642 viewsPJH

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 20:18 - May 6 by Keaneish

In the "MM is overachieving in his budget camp" are you? How much longer will this tedium play out I wonder? And yeah, if I'd been here for 4 seasons and earnt 4 million quid and the fans had decided I was no longer wanted I absolutely would leave for the integrity of the club and the fans.

What amazes me is that for a working class Yorkshire man, Mick seems to have forgotten his roots and that the fans are the foundation of any club - seems even his values are compromised for cold hard cash, that and his pride/ego. Our opinion should dictate the running of this club, sadly we can't even agree on fundamental right and wrongs let alone mount any kind of meaningful action among us.

Brilliant idea,put those idiots that verbally abuse the team and Manager in charge.
Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 20:53 - May 6 with 2602 viewssundaze

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 19:42 - May 6 by PJH

Amazing isn't it?

Couldn't agree more, that's why we will finish in the worst position for decades. 46 games and we can count the good games on two hands if we try hard.
Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 20:55 - May 6 with 2599 viewsPJH

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 20:53 - May 6 by sundaze

Couldn't agree more, that's why we will finish in the worst position for decades. 46 games and we can count the good games on two hands if we try hard.

Fine,so can you then please confirm to those on here that doubt it that we made the playoffs two seasons ago because we deserved to?
Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 21:00 - May 6 with 2590 viewssundaze

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 20:55 - May 6 by PJH

Fine,so can you then please confirm to those on here that doubt it that we made the playoffs two seasons ago because we deserved to?

Yes, I have no problem with that, just as you should be willing to admit that the last 18 months have been awful and the football needs a change of direction to win the fans back.
Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 21:03 - May 6 with 2584 viewsPJH

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 21:00 - May 6 by sundaze

Yes, I have no problem with that, just as you should be willing to admit that the last 18 months have been awful and the football needs a change of direction to win the fans back.

Yes,I admit that this season has been disappointing and hopefully MM will get it right next season.
Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 21:17 - May 6 with 2570 viewssundaze

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 21:03 - May 6 by PJH

Yes,I admit that this season has been disappointing and hopefully MM will get it right next season.

The problem Mick has is that football keeps evolving and he hasn't found a way to keep up with it. He came in, built a team spirit and in Murphy, had a player willing to give him everything. This kept us away from relegation and we carried that into the next season and into the playoffs. However we have become hell bent on trying to stop other teams playing football and because of this we hardly ever go onto the pitch with the intention of making the opposition worry about us. In my opinion MM has no other way of playing in his locker, this next season will be an extension of this season and with MM so determined to do it his way, more fans will choose to stay away.
Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 21:25 - May 6 with 2556 viewsPJH

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 21:17 - May 6 by sundaze

The problem Mick has is that football keeps evolving and he hasn't found a way to keep up with it. He came in, built a team spirit and in Murphy, had a player willing to give him everything. This kept us away from relegation and we carried that into the next season and into the playoffs. However we have become hell bent on trying to stop other teams playing football and because of this we hardly ever go onto the pitch with the intention of making the opposition worry about us. In my opinion MM has no other way of playing in his locker, this next season will be an extension of this season and with MM so determined to do it his way, more fans will choose to stay away.

I agree with a lot of that but I live in hope of ME giving MM a reasonable amount to spend because I believe that MM could rebuild what he had before on the pitch.

If (and I know it is an if) we have a pretty good start a lot will drift back anyway although I accept that without a good start there will be more dissatisfaction.
Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 21:28 - May 6 with 2551 viewsKeaneish

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 21:03 - May 6 by PJH

It's been beyond disappointing. Worst finish in decades. The most embarrassing cup exit on national TV in my lifetime and a dissenting manager who has no issues with telling fans where to go. All these things on the back of a previously disappointing season of woeful, uninspiring football.

Why live in hope that MM will get it right? He'll be in his 6th season in August. Someone else deserves a crack. At least it'll breathe some optimism into the place if nothing else.

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 21:40 - May 6 with 2537 viewssundaze

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 21:25 - May 6 by PJH

I agree with a lot of that but I live in hope of ME giving MM a reasonable amount to spend because I believe that MM could rebuild what he had before on the pitch.

If (and I know it is an if) we have a pretty good start a lot will drift back anyway although I accept that without a good start there will be more dissatisfaction.

Okay, I respect your belief, although I don't share it. Times have changed, if we are going to sit back, then we need fast players that can break and turn defence into attack. We have no pace in the team and we haven't had a playmaker in midfield for years. MM is already talking about Skuse and Chambers for next season, great club men, but it doesn't look like much is going to change in MMs approach.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024