Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club 09:40 - May 6 with 7923 viewsblueblood66

Ok they went down because the board messed up finding a replacement, but its time we stood up and got this man out. Whether its not renewing your ST or protesting vocally I am not sure what is the best way to show displeasure. I am voting with my feet.
Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 21:51 - May 6 with 1471 viewsPJH

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 21:40 - May 6 by sundaze

Okay, I respect your belief, although I don't share it. Times have changed, if we are going to sit back, then we need fast players that can break and turn defence into attack. We have no pace in the team and we haven't had a playmaker in midfield for years. MM is already talking about Skuse and Chambers for next season, great club men, but it doesn't look like much is going to change in MMs approach.

I don't think that his approach will change in as much as he will still be more likely to be looking for a 1-0 win rather than a 4-3 win but if given funds to build on what he has got I think he is still capable of having a successful team here.
At the moment the short term future and therefore probably long term future depends on ME making funds available,hopefully for MM to spend.
Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 22:58 - May 6 with 1434 viewsstantheman

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 11:09 - May 6 by Keaneish

One poor season? Were you celebrating coming 9th and 7th then? If we're not top 6, its a poor season.

Yeah, dont support a local team unless they do what you want.
Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 22:59 - May 6 with 1431 viewsKeaneish

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 22:58 - May 6 by stantheman

Yeah, dont support a local team unless they do what you want.

Wheres the relevance in this post?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 23:07 - May 6 with 1423 viewsnoitan

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 19:25 - May 6 by LankHenners

Wait. People still believe that we "fluked" the playoffs thanks to Derby losing? Good grief.

It's unbelievable isn't it.

Curlew

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 23:14 - May 6 with 1419 viewsstantheman

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 22:59 - May 6 by Keaneish

Wheres the relevance in this post?

Sorry, thought I was replying to another post. Too many ghost ships. It has been a disappointing season TBH and finishing lower than 6th is not what we want. I think that the Mick bashing however is tiresome. He is here and has done well overall but it is ME who has lead us into the wilderness by subsequent short sighted appointments. Mick has overperformed with the resources given to him and now it is time for a big change in ME's strategy. Back him or sack him. My thoughts are we will drift for another season and that is why people are not signing up to it by the looks of season ticket sales. I will keep going as they are my club and have been for nearly 60 years.
Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 07:06 - May 7 with 1386 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 12:04 - May 6 by Keaneish

Yes they are. We're in a competition to get into the Premier League, anything short of challenging for that is not up to the required standard. If we get knocked out of the FA cup in the 3rd or 4th round, its a poor FA cup run. The Championship is no different.

So bored of the budget chat as an excuse to hide MM's inadequacies or failings. We pay him top dollar to get us in the PL, end of. Anything that falls short of mounting a serious challenge is a poor season - i think this conversation has been done to death on here though.

We could pay someone a billion pounds to get us up but if they're not given the resources they're not going to be able to do the job

I think this Summer is probably time for a change, but really this is the only bad season Mick has had here, given the budget he has had to work with

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 07:31 - May 7 with 1375 viewsKeaneish

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 07:06 - May 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

We could pay someone a billion pounds to get us up but if they're not given the resources they're not going to be able to do the job

I think this Summer is probably time for a change, but really this is the only bad season Mick has had here, given the budget he has had to work with

I think last season was equally as poor. Granted we finished much higher up the league but we were never serious challengers and we were scraping results in a lot of instances. Controversially I actually preferred elements to this season than last. It's been good to see more youth blooded with success, a player like Huw's give us what we've been missing in the middle of the park and MM has tried to change it up at times.

Season prior to this it was one dimensional and predictable from September onward. Neither in truth have been good enough and now it looks like MM is hanging on to the bitter end. We should be going into next season with cause for optimism yet already, with the announcement of the pre-season schedule, it looks like we'll be kicking-off next season in exactly the same manner as every season prior which beggars belief really. Signings alone are not going to fix our problem, maybe an epiphany will.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 08:31 - May 7 with 1361 viewsDolly2.0

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 13:48 - May 6 by TheBlueBarca

You do realise that Mick, and Mick alone, guided us to our worst season since the 1950's. The only thing worse than this season would be relegation and thats not far off, so what exactly would be worse than what we are wishing for? Because right now this is the worst it's ever been.

It's not "Mick alone" though. Marcus Evans is a huge part of why we've had our worst season since the 1950's.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Login to get fewer ads

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 08:43 - May 7 with 1350 viewsBenters

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 08:31 - May 7 by Dolly2.0

It's not "Mick alone" though. Marcus Evans is a huge part of why we've had our worst season since the 1950's.

Do you know what it will be be much of the same next season .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 08:51 - May 7 with 1340 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 08:31 - May 7 by Dolly2.0

Whilst I agree on the point about Evans, this really hasn't been our worst season ever.

The season of Jewell/Mick was far worse where we looked for 80% of the season like going down.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 09:17 - May 7 with 1328 viewsDolly2.0

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 08:51 - May 7 by The_Romford_Blue

Whilst I agree on the point about Evans, this really hasn't been our worst season ever.

The season of Jewell/Mick was far worse where we looked for 80% of the season like going down.

Worst finish I think he means, in terms of league position. And of course in the season you mention Mick gave us a big turn around which made football enjoyable again. So I'm not sure that's anywhere near our worst season either.

Anyway, whatever, my point really was that it's not all down to Mick alone as the other poster attested.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 09:32 - May 7 with 1317 viewsRadlett_blue

Wolves fans forced McCarthy out of the club on 12:14 - May 6 by Cheltenham_Blue

Your talking utter nonsense. I'm at Wolves 6 or 7 times a season and they always wish they had given MM to the end of that season.

Moreover; an awful lot of them would welcome him back if he could get them back to the Prem.

I think they feel like that because wolves botched the succession after thinking they had Curbishley lined up & he turned them down, so they ended up with TC's disastrous caretaker role.
Most Wolves fans seem to think Mick was decent, if a little inflexible & that he spent plenty of money on player who he then didn't play.
He's done a decent job in his time at Town though, unsurprisingly, rather inflexible & increasingly cautious. That was wolves's fans complaint when they go to the PL - he kept setting the team up with the aim of not conceding, rather than trying to win.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024