Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An Amazon Convert - What to watch 20:36 - May 6 with 1709 viewswkj

Recently the whole marketing of amazon's "You get it on prime, so you may as well use it" suckered me in. I stepped down from Spotify, to get Amazon Music for £7.99 (in addition to the prime cost) and also cancelled my Netflix sub for Amazon video (the missus will be reversing this decision in June when Orange is the new black comes out)

All in all there are a few issues I have with it, Spotify uses an API, Netflix is more straight forward, but I'm getting there.

It took me a while to get onto Amazon Original shows, as I have some weird idea it will be low budget crap. However... I dipped my toes in the water with Bosch... I love it, it isn't over the top and actually highlights the ramifications of police actions after the fact, other than Guy shot bad guy- hooray- we move on.

What other shows on prime would you recommend? American Gods will happen, but I will wait for the first season to be out in it's fullness before I start.

I heard "Man in the High Castle" is supposedly good, and am well aware of Vikings.

What other amazon exclusives have come out that have pleasantly supervised you, and what should one avoid.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

An Amazon Convert - What to watch on 21:03 - May 6 with 1674 viewsStokieBlue

Man in the High Castle is excellent and very, very far from a low budget programme - probably cost as much as major films and has Ridley Scott on board.

I don't think any of those shows are particularly low budget, Amazon is absolutely minted with a net income of 2.3bn USD last year - they can certainly chuck money at TV shows if they want to.

The prime delivery service is amazing, I hardly ever buy stuff anywhere else now.

Should keep Netflix though, that's still miles better for TV.

I think the next thing I'll be watching will be American Gods.

SB
[Post edited 6 May 2017 21:04]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

An Amazon Convert - What to watch on 21:06 - May 6 with 1666 viewsartsbossbeard

Bury yourself in Bosch - it's compelling viewing and you've got 3 seasons now.

Enjoy.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

An Amazon Convert - What to watch on 21:19 - May 6 with 1637 viewshoppy

I quite enjoyed 'Goliath' and 'Sneaky Pete' and just finished 'Roadies' too, but possibly not everyone's cup of tea but they were all in 4K so was quite keen to try that with a new 4K telly.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

An Amazon Convert - What to watch on 21:24 - May 6 with 1624 viewsnodge_blue

I robot and Man in the high castle.

You dont get "all the music" for 7.99. They want another £3 for the full spotify equivilant. But still the whole package is good compared to others.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

An Amazon Convert - What to watch on 21:41 - May 6 with 1573 viewswkj

An Amazon Convert - What to watch on 21:24 - May 6 by nodge_blue

I robot and Man in the high castle.

You dont get "all the music" for 7.99. They want another £3 for the full spotify equivilant. But still the whole package is good compared to others.

7.99 is what i paid for "unlimited" Is there a different tier on top?

Crybaby

An Amazon Convert - What to watch on 22:16 - May 6 with 1533 viewsCoastalblue

Another vote for "The Man In The High Castle", series one is good but series two just gets so much better. Vikings is very good if a little gorey at times too. We binned Sky and just have Amazon and Netflix now, Netflix is better imo but there is some decent stuff on Prime.

I've never paid for music? I get what I want when I want, I think? I have had Prime since virtually day one though so wonder if that's why?

Agree with SB, use Amazon for so much it scares me when I review how much money I have spent with them, even been using Amazon Fresh for the weekly shop since Christmas, living in London I like the vast array of speciality goods available to be included.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

An Amazon Convert - What to watch on 22:57 - May 6 with 1494 viewswkj

An Amazon Convert - What to watch on 22:16 - May 6 by Coastalblue

Another vote for "The Man In The High Castle", series one is good but series two just gets so much better. Vikings is very good if a little gorey at times too. We binned Sky and just have Amazon and Netflix now, Netflix is better imo but there is some decent stuff on Prime.

I've never paid for music? I get what I want when I want, I think? I have had Prime since virtually day one though so wonder if that's why?

Agree with SB, use Amazon for so much it scares me when I review how much money I have spent with them, even been using Amazon Fresh for the weekly shop since Christmas, living in London I like the vast array of speciality goods available to be included.

Im waiting for Amazon Fresh in Ipswich, nothing yet - I looked at pantry, but its mostly morrisons stuff which i dont much care for
[Post edited 6 May 2017 23:16]

Crybaby

An Amazon Convert - What to watch on 08:47 - May 7 with 1360 viewsGlasgowBlue

An Amazon Convert - What to watch on 21:41 - May 6 by wkj

7.99 is what i paid for "unlimited" Is there a different tier on top?

No. There are two tiers.

Prime music (2million songs free with prime) and Unlimited (40 million songs £7.99 a month or £14.99 fir you and 5 other family members)

Unlimited has everything that Spotify or Apple Music has.

The £3 a month is if you want unlimited only in one specific Amazon Echo or Dot speaker.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

An Amazon Convert - What to watch on 19:26 - May 7 with 1269 viewswkj

Just started (and finished) Season 1 of Man in the Highcastle... I love it, but am very utterly confused as to the whole origin, meaning and importance of the things which they are all trying to get their hands on

(I like to think I danced around spoilers well here)

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024