Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A town full of scabs 20:46 - May 6 with 5519 viewsbrogansnose

A town full of scaaaabbs, Nottingham Forest, a town full of scabs

I very nearly got chucked out of there for singing that.
A town full of scabs on 09:34 - May 7 with 1153 viewsfeelingblue

A town full of scabs on 21:16 - May 6 by brogansnose

Actually, it was all verbal but played out ok. I hate Leeds more than Norwich. In all honesty I just hate Leeds.

I'm with you on that. It must be from the '60s and '70s when they cheated and chopped their way to success, and were so arrogant about it.
A town full of scabs on 09:39 - May 7 with 1145 viewsTLA

A town full of scabs on 09:34 - May 7 by The_Romford_Blue

Matches start in 2 weeks time.

I'll miss the 1st month and then probably play the season again in the lower teams.

Last season they were asking me to play 3rds like I did 2 seasons ago. With the idea that I'd be in the 2nd team by the end of the season. But instead I retired. Came back 6 weeks into the season saying I'd help out on numbers in the bottom team with my brother and his mates for a laugh and really enjoyed it.

It was nice to spend 10 games in a team with people I actually liked. Rather than the c**ts that occupy the top teams at Hornchurch.

I'm too good for the league I was playing in though. Quickest bowler at Hornchurch under 18s for a long time. Shame the under 18 team only played 20/20 games.

Am looking forward to a season in the low teams again. I have a valid excuse this time too with my nose. Can play at that level 4 weeks after my op but wouldn't be able to at the top level.

I decided when affeectjeky coming out of retirement that from now on, I'm playing for fun. As it was no longer fun in the 3rd team.

So you're mainly a bowler?

I think it's good to play for fun. There have been a few sports that I felt the enjoyment went missing from when I played for teams - cricket was one, pool another.

I hope the op goes well and the recovery is swift - it sounds unpleasant to not be able to breathe through your nose!
A town full of scabs on 09:46 - May 7 with 1129 viewsRadlett_blue

A town full of scabs on 00:57 - May 7 by HARRY10

More so if there's any truth in the stories about Derby and Leicester fans turning up to gloat if the worst happens (Forest down).

I doubt, in all honesty, if our lot will be too @rsed either way but some could get caught up in local 'squabbles'.

Hopefully not though. Enjoy your day lads (and lassies) give Mick a wave from me... all the fingers of the hand that is !

I saw Town at Filbert Street in the late 1970s & there were a fair few Forest fans in the Town end, supporting us & baiting Leicester City.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

A town full of scabs on 10:02 - May 7 with 1115 viewstextbackup

Just come to get my breakfast in city centre, EVERY PUB is rammed if lads, older younger you name it they are there!
Gonna be loud as fck in that ground

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

A town full of scabs on 10:04 - May 7 with 1113 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

A town full of scabs on 09:39 - May 7 by TLA

So you're mainly a bowler?

I think it's good to play for fun. There have been a few sports that I felt the enjoyment went missing from when I played for teams - cricket was one, pool another.

I hope the op goes well and the recovery is swift - it sounds unpleasant to not be able to breathe through your nose!

Physically impossible on the week after

If I tried full pelt in that week and somehow managed to do it, I'd be in huge trouble with bleeding inside my head rather than outside.

It's annoying because this is the third op. The 1st one was to allow me to breathe through nose. It worked but left me with a collapsing nostril (like a Coke head) so had to have that fixed. They fixed that with the second op a year later but it left a lump on the right side of my nose (the cartilage they moved to stop the nostril collapsing). Unfortunately over the last year, the lump has grown and it appears that if I leave it, the one will grow through the skin and they'd have to do an emergency op.

So this one was sorted a while back to have it fixed.

Same surgeon as the previous two times. Hopefully this time he can sort it. I'm missing Eurovision for this ffs.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

A town full of scabs on 10:04 - May 7 with 1111 viewsTIB

A town full of scabs on 10:02 - May 7 by textbackup

Just come to get my breakfast in city centre, EVERY PUB is rammed if lads, older younger you name it they are there!

In the Weatherspoons and it's rife...the talk of the pub is "we're too big to go down"

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

A town full of scabs on 10:05 - May 7 with 1111 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

A town full of scabs on 10:02 - May 7 by textbackup

I'm on the only train from London this morning that makes kick off

Counted 17 forest fans in forest shirts just at the boarding area.

Reading it has sold out now too

A town full of scabs on 10:09 - May 7 with 1103 viewsRadlett_blue

A town full of scabs on 10:04 - May 7 by TIB

In the Weatherspoons and it's rife...the talk of the pub is "we're too big to go down"

They weren't too big to go down in 2005 & I suspect they have shrunk since.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

A town full of scabs on 10:32 - May 7 with 1070 viewsTLA

A town full of scabs on 10:04 - May 7 by The_Romford_Blue

Physically impossible on the week after

If I tried full pelt in that week and somehow managed to do it, I'd be in huge trouble with bleeding inside my head rather than outside.

It's annoying because this is the third op. The 1st one was to allow me to breathe through nose. It worked but left me with a collapsing nostril (like a Coke head) so had to have that fixed. They fixed that with the second op a year later but it left a lump on the right side of my nose (the cartilage they moved to stop the nostril collapsing). Unfortunately over the last year, the lump has grown and it appears that if I leave it, the one will grow through the skin and they'd have to do an emergency op.

So this one was sorted a while back to have it fixed.

Same surgeon as the previous two times. Hopefully this time he can sort it. I'm missing Eurovision for this ffs.

It all sounds pretty grim but it's good that you know what to expect. You have my full sympathy, although I'm not sure I can extend it to missing the Eurovision being a problem!

Have a good day today and I hope it all goes well next week.
A town full of scabs on 10:51 - May 7 with 1052 viewsstrikalite

A town full of scabs on 10:32 - May 7 by TLA

It all sounds pretty grim but it's good that you know what to expect. You have my full sympathy, although I'm not sure I can extend it to missing the Eurovision being a problem!

"missing Eurovision for this ffs"...

top lad you are Rommy!
A town full of scabs on 11:02 - May 7 with 1043 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

A town full of scabs on 10:32 - May 7 by TLA

Cheers bud

Been talking to the forest fans on my train. They're well up for this.

A town full of scabs on 11:07 - May 7 with 1037 viewsBenters

A town full of scabs on 10:51 - May 7 by strikalite

"missing Eurovision for this ffs"...

top lad you are Rommy!

Really ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024