Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Berra has confirmed he is leaving 09:02 - May 9 with 3786 viewsbluesym

Good luck to him.Been a great servent for us really.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:03 - May 9 with 2816 viewsbournemouthblue

As predicted, probably a good time for both him and us to move on?

Our best defender since Macauley and before that De Vos

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:04 - May 9 with 2817 viewsSwailsey

Yeah I just saw that.

Despite what has been said about him and his less than fantastic last season and a bit, he has been a cracking defender for us - and arguably above the level we have deserved.

Wish him the best of luck, family comes first.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:04 - May 9 with 2806 viewsKieran_Knows

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:04 - May 9 by Swailsey

Yeah I just saw that.

Despite what has been said about him and his less than fantastic last season and a bit, he has been a cracking defender for us - and arguably above the level we have deserved.

Wish him the best of luck, family comes first.

Hell of a free transfer, shame to see him leave, but understandable.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:05 - May 9 with 2798 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

No real surprise and best for all involved.

Thank you Christophe for your service

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:06 - May 9 with 2764 viewsSwailsey

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:04 - May 9 by Kieran_Knows

Hell of a free transfer, shame to see him leave, but understandable.

I always forget we got him on a free. Reinforces the point even more.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:07 - May 9 with 2754 viewsNo9

I wish him a prosperous and happy future
Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:07 - May 9 with 2756 viewsclive_baker

Good signing and excellent servant. I do feel like now is a natural time for him to move on, he's been quite poor this season and it should free up wages to recruit.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:09 - May 9 with 2732 viewsSteve_M

It's a shame in some ways but also frees up a big part of our wage bill.

He's been very good signing over all, last season was a little disappointing and he had a poor spell in December and January this year but was excellent for his first two seasons here and very good for a lot of this one.

My favourite memories:
1) The winner against Derby
2) The physical battles with Callum Wilson and Dicko in successive games in April 2015. They were both strong and in superb form and Berra came out on top in both.

Good luck Christophe.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:10 - May 9 with 2703 viewsitfcjoe

Been a really good player for us, and nearly 200 games.

One of Mick's very best signings, we'll miss his defending and big shoes for Tommy Smith to step into.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:10 - May 9 with 2705 viewsReuser_is_God

Player of the year in 13/14 & runner up to a 27 goal striker the following season.

He was comfortably the best defender in the league over those 2 seasons as well.

Top player for us.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:12 - May 9 with 2678 viewsReuser_is_God

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:09 - May 9 by Steve_M

He's been very good signing over all, last season was a little disappointing and he had a poor spell in December and January this year but was excellent for his first two seasons here and very good for a lot of this one.

My favourite memories:
2) The physical battles with Callum Wilson and Dicko in successive games in April 2015. They were both strong and in superb form and Berra came out on top in both.

Good luck Christophe.

That Wolves game that you mention he was utterly superb.

Obviously there were plenty of other dominant performances from him but that one sticks out for me.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:13 - May 9 with 2650 viewsBluebell

Not surprised but really sorry he is leaving. A great player.

I am sure his head has been elsewhere this season and with a beautiful little daughter in Scotland, it is no wonder. Hopefully he is going to a team nearer her.

It gives Tommy Smith a chance to cement a place in the team again.
Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:19 - May 9 with 2565 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Excellent contribution for a free transfer, was probably one of the top 3 CB's in the league for most of his spell here. Best of luck to him, and it's a good job we're well stocked in that area!

Does this mean he's being released or does us recently taking up his option mean we'll get a small fee?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:19 - May 9 with 2550 viewsSuperfrans

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:09 - May 9 by Steve_M

My favourite memories:

Good luck Christophe.

Yes, sad to see him go. He's been an excellent player for us.

With Chambers, Webster and Smith on the books, we'll presumably be looking for another centre half or two - or maybe Knudsen will operate as a utility player, full back or centrally?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:19 - May 9 with 2550 viewsKieran_Knows

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:19 - May 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Excellent contribution for a free transfer, was probably one of the top 3 CB's in the league for most of his spell here. Best of luck to him, and it's a good job we're well stocked in that area!

Does this mean he's being released or does us recently taking up his option mean we'll get a small fee?

I presume we're not taking up the option. Goodwill and all that etc etc.

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:21 - May 9 with 2523 viewsBlueinBrum

A very solid 4 odd years of service - play-off season he was absolutely fantastic. Good luck to him.
Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:22 - May 9 with 2514 viewsMJallday

hes had a great few seasons, hes gone off the boil a bit this year - it was ever since that PO semi final tbh - but shone amongst his teammates

why do i get the feeling this is people jumping from the titanic...

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:22 - May 9 with 2511 viewsPJH

Good luck and thanks.

A very good defender for us.
Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:23 - May 9 with 2505 viewsSuperfrans

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:19 - May 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Suspect we're passing on the option, to allow him to take his pick. We'd be unlikely to get much of a fee, small enough for us not to miss it, big enough for it to make his move to Hearts or Rangers more complicated.

For all the criticisms of our management, from Evans down, we are at least the kind of club who allow players to leave with our blessing in these situations. That's "the Ipswich way"...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:23 - May 9 with 2505 viewsSWGF

An almost great signing (as I've just remembered that Lincoln away performance). Just a proper defender and warrior. Arguably McCarthy's best signing in terms of consistent performances over his time here.

And the right time to move on.

Good luck to him.
[Post edited 9 May 2017 10:14]

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:24 - May 9 with 2492 viewsKieran_Knows

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:22 - May 9 by MJallday

hes had a great few seasons, hes gone off the boil a bit this year - it was ever since that PO semi final tbh - but shone amongst his teammates

why do i get the feeling this is people jumping from the titanic...

'why do i get the feeling this is people jumping from the titanic' ... I take it your gutted to see the likes of Coke, Douglas & Best leave are you?

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:26 - May 9 with 2463 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:23 - May 9 by Superfrans

Suspect we're passing on the option, to allow him to take his pick. We'd be unlikely to get much of a fee, small enough for us not to miss it, big enough for it to make his move to Hearts or Rangers more complicated.

For all the criticisms of our management, from Evans down, we are at least the kind of club who allow players to leave with our blessing in these situations. That's "the Ipswich way"...

I thought we confirmed we had taken it the other day, but perhaps not

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:43 - May 9 with 2367 viewschislehurstblue

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:26 - May 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I thought we confirmed we had taken it the other day, but perhaps not

Why do people keep talking up the chances of seeing Smith play - No, No, No and No again.

Typcial Ipswich fans - Been part of the youth set up and therefore has to be decent. WRONG. Watch him play without the blue glasses. Slow, awful on the ball, weak, gets bullied and had a major mistake in him every game.

Chambers and Webster and then Smith on the bench at best.
Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:47 - May 9 with 2348 viewsSteve_M

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:43 - May 9 by chislehurstblue

Why do people keep talking up the chances of seeing Smith play - No, No, No and No again.

Typcial Ipswich fans - Been part of the youth set up and therefore has to be decent. WRONG. Watch him play without the blue glasses. Slow, awful on the ball, weak, gets bullied and had a major mistake in him every game.

Chambers and Webster and then Smith on the bench at best.

You exaggerate as much as those fans you accuse of talking Smith up too much. Smith isn't as good as Berra but he's a solid second-tier defender, not particularly slow either. He is better than Berra on the ball but that isn't a high benchmark.

He is massively vulnerable to being caught by a ball over the top though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:47 - May 9 with 2345 viewschicoazul

Peace out Berra, you gave some of the best and some of the worst performances ive seen a CB have in the shirt. Good luck back home.

Imagine we will sign another CB now. Chambers Smith and Webster with Knudsen backing up looks a little bit lightweight to me.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024