Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season 09:22 - May 9 with 8658 viewstextbackup

His attitude in interviews summed up what I felt many players thought also

He won't be missed

Can't wait to see smith now show MM he was the better option all along

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:22 - May 9 with 3797 viewsSwailsey

God you're a bore.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:23 - May 9 with 3774 viewsStenvict

Can't wait for tomorrow's Daily Moan.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:23 - May 9 with 3773 viewsSuperfrans

You're an absolute charmer, aren't you.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:27 - May 9 with 3741 viewsBluebell

As you didn't mention what player you are talking about I assume you mean Berra.

If that is the case, you are talking out of your backside.

He has been a great players for us and 'his attitude in interviews' has been the same as all players. I am sorry he is going but also respect the reason.

Good luck to him.
[Post edited 9 May 2017 16:16]
Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:29 - May 9 with 3724 viewstextbackup

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:23 - May 9 by Superfrans

You're an absolute charmer, aren't you.

For me he is the typical MM player, limited to one roll, that roll being getting in the way, offered very little else in last two seasons. Not sure that's offensive, heard very little praise for him in last two seasons. If I'm incorrect then fair play

Did well to start but gone massively downhill. Only my opinion

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:30 - May 9 with 3701 viewsLeoMuff

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:29 - May 9 by textbackup

For me he is the typical MM player, limited to one roll, that roll being getting in the way, offered very little else in last two seasons. Not sure that's offensive, heard very little praise for him in last two seasons. If I'm incorrect then fair play

Balls

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:31 - May 9 with 3681 viewstextbackup

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:27 - May 9 by Bluebell

As you didn't mention what player you are talking about I assume you mean Berra.

If that is the case, you are talking out of your backside.

He has been a great players for us and 'his attitude in interviews' has been the same as all players. I am sorry he is going but also respect the reason.

Good luck to him.
[Post edited 9 May 2017 16:16]

How many times would he attempt a pass that went out of play? He got away with so much based on a good start at itfc.

'We are only ipswich' if that's what you want to hear from our players you may need to have a word with yourself

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:34 - May 9 with 3651 viewstextbackup

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:30 - May 9 by LeoMuff

Balls

Talk me through his last two seasons then. What did you see that I didn't?

Login to get fewer ads

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:36 - May 9 with 3641 viewsPJH

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:31 - May 9 by textbackup

How many times would he attempt a pass that went out of play? He got away with so much based on a good start at itfc.

'We are only ipswich' if that's what you want to hear from our players you may need to have a word with yourself

He never was a great footballer and the only error he made on Sunday that I can remember was when he got caught in possession leading up to their second goal but he was/is a very good defender.
Not many opposition teams can score a goal if the ball is in the stands.
He kept Wood of Leeds under control for the 85 minutes or so that Wood was on the pitch at PR and few have been able to do that this season.

He did his job,defending,very well for us.
Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:36 - May 9 with 3637 viewsSwailsey

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:34 - May 9 by textbackup

But who has shone in our last 2 seasons really? (Bart and loans aside)

He was no better or worse than others, but his first two years (the play off season in particular) he was arguably the best defender in the league.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:36 - May 9 with 3626 viewsSuperfrans

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:29 - May 9 by textbackup

How about a little gratitude for 4 seasons of service, the mainstay of our defence when we qualified for play-offs, an extremely effective Championship player, player of the season a couple of seasons back?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:39 - May 9 with 3605 viewsSwailsey

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:36 - May 9 by Superfrans

How about a little gratitude for 4 seasons of service, the mainstay of our defence when we qualified for play-offs, an extremely effective Championship player, player of the season a couple of seasons back?

Don't be silly. Anything associated with Mick is to be blacklisted. Smith makes just as many mistakes, but he was here before so he's fine.

*FWIW, I rate Smith highly.

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:39 - May 9 with 3604 viewschislehurstblue

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:34 - May 9 by textbackup

Our best defender for some time. One of the best defenders in the league.

Not the best on the ball agreed, but if he was then he wouldnt be playing for us. Good in the air, battles, leads by example, a proper CB. Head and shoulders above Chambers, Smith and Webster.

Biggest concern now is that if Chambers or Webster get injured then we have to play Smith, who is all the things you describe about Berra. Slow, awful on the ball, a major mistake in him every game and physically weak.

We had better have another CB lined up.
Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:39 - May 9 with 3603 viewstextbackup

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:36 - May 9 by Superfrans

He got paid to do that, did he not?

He was so limited as a player that when asked to adapt in the slightest to a back 3 he looked like he'd never played the game before.

As I said, good start with us but massively disappointing in the end

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:40 - May 9 with 3592 viewstextbackup

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:36 - May 9 by Swailsey

But who has shone in our last 2 seasons really? (Bart and loans aside)

He was no better or worse than others, but his first two years (the play off season in particular) he was arguably the best defender in the league.

Ah so now it's ok that he wasn't any good because nobody was? I take it all back

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:41 - May 9 with 3585 viewsSwailsey

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:40 - May 9 by textbackup

Ah so now it's ok that he wasn't any good because nobody was? I take it all back

That wasn't the point I was making though was it.

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:41 - May 9 with 3575 viewsimsureazzure

He was superb until the Feb of 2016, after that he was very poor, his communication with the goalkeepers was terrible.
Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:45 - May 9 with 3546 viewsStenvict

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:39 - May 9 by textbackup

He got paid to do that, did he not?

He was so limited as a player that when asked to adapt in the slightest to a back 3 he looked like he'd never played the game before.

As I said, good start with us but massively disappointing in the end

"He got paid to do that, did he not?"

One of the worst comebacks ever.

Ronaldo scored a decent hat trick last week. Fair play to him.

But he got paid to do it...

Poll: What will be announced first?

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:46 - May 9 with 3536 viewsSwailsey

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:45 - May 9 by Stenvict

"He got paid to do that, did he not?"

One of the worst comebacks ever.

Ronaldo scored a decent hat trick last week. Fair play to him.

But he got paid to do it...

Remember Bart's penalty save?

It actually wasn't very good because he was paid for it.

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:48 - May 9 with 3521 viewsArnieM

Smith is NOT the option for Berra replacement . He is no better, and is, like Berra , very one dimensional.

We need another Webster calibre CB

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:49 - May 9 with 3512 viewsimsureazzure

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:48 - May 9 by ArnieM

Smith is NOT the option for Berra replacement . He is no better, and is, like Berra , very one dimensional.

We need another Webster calibre CB

Smith and Webster will be a great partnership.
Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:51 - May 9 with 3503 viewschislehurstblue

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:49 - May 9 by imsureazzure

Smith and Webster will be a great partnership.

I give up - Smith isnt the answer. You need to actually go to the games or if you do go, then pay more attention.
Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:53 - May 9 with 3487 viewsSwailsey

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:51 - May 9 by chislehurstblue

I give up - Smith isnt the answer. You need to actually go to the games or if you do go, then pay more attention.

Smith was greatly improved under Mick. This myth about him having a mistake in every game hasn't been true for about 2 years now.

He wouldn't be ahead of Webster or Chambers for me, but he's certainly a very good CB at this level.

A few years ago he was not, but I don't think anyone who has seen his last 30 games for the club would say he's a particularly weak link.

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:56 - May 9 with 3467 viewschislehurstblue

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:53 - May 9 by Swailsey

Smith was greatly improved under Mick. This myth about him having a mistake in every game hasn't been true for about 2 years now.

He wouldn't be ahead of Webster or Chambers for me, but he's certainly a very good CB at this level.

A few years ago he was not, but I don't think anyone who has seen his last 30 games for the club would say he's a particularly weak link.

yes it is. Watch him play. He gets flat footed and square on when attackers get at him. He often lets the ball bounce instead of attacking the ball and his poor passing gets us into trouble.

if the ball is in the air then he is acceptable and does a job. The ball on the ground and he is awful. It appears that he lacks understanding of what to do and when and communication is an issue.
Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:57 - May 9 with 3458 viewsPJH

Struggled to pass the ball or keep it in play all season on 09:53 - May 9 by Swailsey

But as I have said on another thread Berra is/was the only defender at ITFC that can win a physical battle against a big strong centre forward.
We will miss Berra for his physical strength more than anything else.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024