Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next season... 09:46 - May 9 with 11416 viewsSwailsey

Bart
NEW RB | Chambers | Webster | Kenlock
NEW RM | Bishop | Huws*| Rowe
MGD | Sears

IF, and it's a big IF, we keep hold of Bart, get 2 new right sided players and Bishop actually remembers he's a footballer, that really doesn't look like a bad starting 11 does it?
[Post edited 9 May 2017 10:27]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Next season... on 09:49 - May 9 with 4748 viewsVaughan8

Defensively OK but attacking-wise that team doesn't look very good to me. We will be about where we were this season.

I can see Bart leaving too!
Next season... on 09:50 - May 9 with 4740 viewsDowson

I feel like we also need another striker especially for when MGD gets injured 5 games in. Last thing we need is Moore to be our only fit striker.
Next season... on 09:51 - May 9 with 4735 viewsSwailsey

Next season... on 09:49 - May 9 by Vaughan8

Defensively OK but attacking-wise that team doesn't look very good to me. We will be about where we were this season.

I can see Bart leaving too!

I suppose.

Perhaps someone else for Sears, but I'm not convinced the squad needs as much of a rebuild as some have said.

Saying that, 100 new wonderful players would be great of course, but I can't see it happening.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Next season... on 09:51 - May 9 with 4741 viewsSWGF

Doesn't look a million miles away from the one that's just finished 4pts off relegation; minus our leading scorer obviously.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Next season... on 09:53 - May 9 with 4724 viewsSteve_M

Next season... on 09:51 - May 9 by SWGF

Doesn't look a million miles away from the one that's just finished 4pts off relegation; minus our leading scorer obviously.

Hoping a lot on Bishop there....

We should sign Spence really, he isn't brilliant but he is good enough for us. A happy knack of important clearances too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Next season... on 09:54 - May 9 with 4720 viewsSwailsey

Next season... on 09:51 - May 9 by SWGF

Or a million miles away from the one that made the playoffs though..

Next season... on 09:54 - May 9 with 4717 viewshype313

I'd prefer Huws in place of Skuse/Hyam.

Not sure it will make us much stronger, is it 25 points better than this seasons team?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Next season... on 09:54 - May 9 with 4706 viewsSwailsey

Next season... on 09:54 - May 9 by hype313

I'd prefer Huws in place of Skuse/Hyam.

Not sure it will make us much stronger, is it 25 points better than this seasons team?

Oh I forgot about Huws!

Yes, definitely.

Login to get fewer ads

Next season... on 09:57 - May 9 with 4693 viewsElderGrizzly

Hyam should be nowhere near our regular first XI.

Plus, no Ward? Huws is right now a much better player than Bishop too. Should be our priority signing, alongside a new striker.

Think 442 is going to see us struggle too. Just don't see we have the midfielders to play it effectively

Edit: just noticed you've jettisoned Hyam. Good man...
[Post edited 9 May 2017 9:58]
Next season... on 09:58 - May 9 with 4685 viewsVaughan8

Next season... on 09:51 - May 9 by Swailsey

I suppose.

Perhaps someone else for Sears, but I'm not convinced the squad needs as much of a rebuild as some have said.

Saying that, 100 new wonderful players would be great of course, but I can't see it happening.

My other concern is that McGoldrick, Bishop and Hyam seem to be injured a lot. Also Rowe is unproven at this level.

Sears seems to have gone off the boil a bit and I would like to seem him as a bench player instead of a certain starter. He hasn't done enough over the last year or so to be a starter.

We can't/won't sign loads of good players permanently so we just have to hope to get a few decent loan signings in who can propel us up the table.
Next season... on 09:59 - May 9 with 4664 viewshype313

Next season... on 09:58 - May 9 by Vaughan8

My other concern is that McGoldrick, Bishop and Hyam seem to be injured a lot. Also Rowe is unproven at this level.

Sears seems to have gone off the boil a bit and I would like to seem him as a bench player instead of a certain starter. He hasn't done enough over the last year or so to be a starter.

We can't/won't sign loads of good players permanently so we just have to hope to get a few decent loan signings in who can propel us up the table.

McGoldrick and Sears have proved that they can't be the goalscorers we need in this division.

Next season... on 10:00 - May 9 with 4656 viewsElderGrizzly

No problem in taking a good PL loan again. Almost all successful teams at this level have one and should be a priority to tie up early
Next season... on 10:00 - May 9 with 4647 viewsPinewoodblue

If you are playing Chambers & Webster in central defence you need a back three either Smith or Knudsen in 3-5-2 or 5-3-2. Who plays in central midfield is the big question. We do need a decent front man added to the squad.

The thing to remember about the younger players is that they can comeback for preseason much stronger physically than they were twelve months ago, especially if they dedicate themselves to the task and don't spend their time on the beach.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Next season... on 10:01 - May 9 with 4632 viewsElderGrizzly

Next season... on 10:00 - May 9 by Pinewoodblue

If you are playing Chambers & Webster in central defence you need a back three either Smith or Knudsen in 3-5-2 or 5-3-2. Who plays in central midfield is the big question. We do need a decent front man added to the squad.

The thing to remember about the younger players is that they can comeback for preseason much stronger physically than they were twelve months ago, especially if they dedicate themselves to the task and don't spend their time on the beach.

Or like Bishop, don't bulk yourself up too much...
Next season... on 10:02 - May 9 with 4629 viewschicoazul

Seems to me that, as usual, we need 5 new players. Maybe 6 or 7.
Huwes isnt our player. Bishop sadly looks like he is off according to Poobum who knows these things. Rowe has played once and didnt particularly look like a Championship player. Sears doesnt score goals anymore.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Next season... on 10:02 - May 9 with 4621 viewsconnorscontract

If Mick is manager Skuse would be a definite starter and Bishop drop out. And Ward in.

Which looks a lot like the team that Forest just d1cked.
Next season... on 10:03 - May 9 with 4616 viewshype313

Next season... on 10:02 - May 9 by chicoazul

Seems to me that, as usual, we need 5 new players. Maybe 6 or 7.
Huwes isnt our player. Bishop sadly looks like he is off according to Poobum who knows these things. Rowe has played once and didnt particularly look like a Championship player. Sears doesnt score goals anymore.

Regardless of manager, we need serious investment this summer, otherwise it will be another long hard slog next year.

Next season... on 10:05 - May 9 with 4589 viewsWestcountryblue

Personally, i'd like to see Ward out wide where we can utilise his pace.
I think Rowe will need more experience coming off the bench before he is ready to start.
Next season... on 10:05 - May 9 with 4588 viewstextbackup

Benyu not getting a look in?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Next season... on 10:06 - May 9 with 4584 viewsDeano69

And very little on the bench.

we have quantity not quality

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Next season... on 10:09 - May 9 with 4568 viewsSWGF

Next season... on 09:54 - May 9 by Swailsey

Or a million miles away from the one that made the playoffs though..

Really? Seems to be missing a large 27-goal body (not taking into account that players are 3yrs older).

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

Next season... on 10:09 - May 9 with 4563 viewsSWGF

Next season... on 09:53 - May 9 by Steve_M

Hoping a lot on Bishop there....

We should sign Spence really, he isn't brilliant but he is good enough for us. A happy knack of important clearances too.

Agree re: Spence. Plenty good enough for a team with our ambitions.

Next season... on 10:09 - May 9 with 4564 viewsPinewoodblue

Next season... on 10:01 - May 9 by ElderGrizzly

Or like Bishop, don't bulk yourself up too much...

Good point can remember Matt Richards coming back one closed season bulkier but a lot slower.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Next season... on 10:10 - May 9 with 4562 viewschicoazul

Next season... on 10:03 - May 9 by hype313

Regardless of manager, we need serious investment this summer, otherwise it will be another long hard slog next year.

Agreed 100%. Feels like Mick could do so much more with a bit of money behind him but 1.5m again just isnt going to cut it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Next season... on 10:13 - May 9 with 4542 viewsclive_baker

Bart
Back 3: Chambers Webster Smith
Wing backs: Ward / Rowe
Midfield 3: Bishop Dozzell Huws
McGoldrick
New ST

Ideally we need an 'enforcer' in midfield. A real one. A poor mans Kante. An N'Daw. That's where we should be looking to strengthen this summer. Knudsen / Kenlock / Emmanuel back up wing backs. Hyam, Nydam, Benyu vying for a midfield role. Sears on the bench. Morris stepping up. 1 or 2 quality loanees of the Fraser / Lawrence ilk. We 100% need a quality forward in over the summer, we've been crying out for it since Murphy left.

Digby, Bru, Coke, Douglas, Best, Pitman, Skuse and Moore can move on. Along with the current loan players.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024