Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pre-season yawn? 04:28 - May 10 with 2267 viewsharlingblue

Time for a real shake up. A different location for the squad during pre season, a totally different set of pre season friendlies, and a prestigious home friendly against quality opposition, that would at least get a little bit of a buzz about the place.
The Manager is getting lazy, the squad and supporters bored, even before a new season has started. Oh how we need some upward impetus. - See more at: http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31674/drogheda-date-set#sthash.filWNqvo.
Pre-season yawn? on 06:34 - May 10 with 2217 viewsBenters

Yeah but pre season games mean NOTHING ! remember the poor one we had last season?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Pre-season yawn? on 08:12 - May 10 with 2109 viewsitfcjoe

It is all a bit dull, I think Mick likes being a celebrity in Ireland

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Pre-season yawn? on 08:16 - May 10 with 2099 viewsPinewoodblue

Come on Harlimg.....you will want to see us take a cup game seriously next.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Pre-season yawn? on 08:29 - May 10 with 2077 viewstaximan

Pre-season yawn? on 06:34 - May 10 by Benters

Yeah but pre season games mean NOTHING ! remember the poor one we had last season?

thats right
then after a sh1t pre season we get,
give it 10 games for players to settle in
give it til christmas
give it til after january transfer window
give it til the end of the season

and then repeat
Pre-season yawn? on 09:22 - May 10 with 2012 viewsSWGF

Pre-season yawn? on 08:12 - May 10 by itfcjoe

It is all a bit dull, I think Mick likes being a celebrity in Ireland

When we went to Shelbourne a couple of years ago, the taxi driver knew EVERYTHING about McCarthy (background, family, extended family) and couldn't speak highly enough of him. I think there's something in that...

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Pre-season yawn? on 09:23 - May 10 with 2007 viewsSWGF

Pre-season yawn? on 06:34 - May 10 by Benters

I went to the Charlton, Col U and Barnet pre-season friendlies, saw us score one goal and win one match. I was told not to worry as it meant nothing.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

Pre-season yawn? on 09:27 - May 10 with 1994 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Pre-season yawn? on 08:29 - May 10 by taximan

thats right
then after a sh1t pre season we get,
give it 10 games for players to settle in
give it til christmas
give it til after january transfer window
give it til the end of the season

and then repeat

Spot on.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Pre-season yawn? on 09:30 - May 10 with 1985 viewsitfcjoe

Pre-season yawn? on 09:22 - May 10 by SWGF

When we went to Shelbourne a couple of years ago, the taxi driver knew EVERYTHING about McCarthy (background, family, extended family) and couldn't speak highly enough of him. I think there's something in that...

He's taken all his teams there, and had Ireland training camps there - means he is a hugely valued customer in reality and that must go down well.

Login to get fewer ads

Pre-season yawn? on 09:32 - May 10 with 1977 viewsitfcjoe

Pre-season yawn? on 09:23 - May 10 by SWGF

I went to the Charlton, Col U and Barnet pre-season friendlies, saw us score one goal and win one match. I was told not to worry as it meant nothing.

I didn't go to all those but had the same message - one year we lost all our pre season games and went up, another year we won them all and had a poor season......no doubt alternate facts as well.

It's obvious if you have had an issue scoring, and still don't score in pre season that something isn't magically going to click.

Pre-season yawn? on 09:40 - May 10 with 1957 viewstextbackup

Pre-season yawn? on 09:23 - May 10 by SWGF

When I mentioned that I was told that it didn't matter and that I was moaning just because I disliked MM. What happened there on after.... those graphs produced the other day have us as the team having least shots and goals per shots ratio didn't it (?)

Rest my case

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Pre-season yawn? on 09:43 - May 10 with 1948 viewsSWGF

Pre-season yawn? on 09:32 - May 10 by itfcjoe

I didn't go to all those but had the same message - one year we lost all our pre season games and went up, another year we won them all and had a poor season......no doubt alternate facts as well.

It's obvious if you have had an issue scoring, and still don't score in pre season that something isn't magically going to click.

Written the morning after Barnet:

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/379357/3290859/do-you-remember-the-days-when-twtd-us

Pre-season yawn? on 09:48 - May 10 with 1941 viewsSteve_M

Pre-season yawn? on 09:43 - May 10 by SWGF

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/379357/3290859/do-you-remember-the-days-when-twtd-us

Reading that, there is one thing no-one would really have expected us to do....

To add to the wider thread, pre-season in 91-92 was pretty dreadful so a good pre-season isn't essential but going to the same places as last season suggests just plodding on without much thought.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Pre-season yawn? on 09:51 - May 10 with 1931 viewstextbackup

Pre-season yawn? on 09:43 - May 10 by SWGF

So painful to read, many of us called it, not to be smart arses to say I told you so, but because we could see what would happen. And it won't change next season either.

Pre-season yawn? on 10:01 - May 10 with 1915 viewstextbackup

Pre-season yawn? on 09:48 - May 10 by Steve_M

To add to the wider thread, pre-season in 91-92 was pretty dreadful so a good pre-season isn't essential but going to the same places as last season suggests just plodding on without much thought.

I bet in 91 pre season we scored a few goals or had some sort of idea of what we'd try on the pitch, other than STOP THE OTHER TEAM

Pre-season yawn? on 10:06 - May 10 with 1905 viewsSteve_M

Pre-season yawn? on 10:01 - May 10 by textbackup

I bet in 91 pre season we scored a few goals or had some sort of idea of what we'd try on the pitch, other than STOP THE OTHER TEAM

We lost to a load of teams in Finland and threw away a three goal lead in the first game of the season. It was a bloody good thing that was in pre-internet days.

It's safe to assume that no-one really expected us to be promoted, 1990-91 not being a great deal better than this season just gone.

Not that I'm suggesting things will improve next season but we've had some points when we've looked similarly adrift and things have improved - it was a little easier then of course without the financial disparities we have now.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Pre-season yawn? on 10:07 - May 10 with 1904 viewsSWGF

Pre-season yawn? on 09:48 - May 10 by Steve_M

We had Steve Whitton in 1991/92.

Pre-season yawn? on 10:10 - May 10 with 1888 viewstextbackup

Pre-season yawn? on 10:07 - May 10 by SWGF

We had Steve Whitton in 1991/92.

And these days we have an NCFC academy set up in Whitton!

Pre-season yawn? on 10:13 - May 10 with 1879 viewsNo9

Isn't the Irish trip sort of obligatory?

It would be nice if they did get a few high profile fixtures
Pre-season yawn? on 10:16 - May 10 with 1874 viewsNorthern_Blue81

If you go to the Carton House Hotel in Co Kildare 3 times you get the 4th time half price, is my understanding, as long as you have the little card thing stamped.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024