Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. 10:54 - May 10 with 14304 viewsbluebud

....she really trolls hard :-)

Good on her.
Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 13:50 - May 10 with 5244 viewsbritbiker

Tories for the elite shocker
Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 13:59 - May 10 with 5230 viewsTheBlueBarca

Fox Hunting never stopped, Labour brought in some wishy washy PR vote winning laws that were just worked around and nothing changed. Labour did nothing to prevent the loopholes either.

It was a total waste of time and effort. Either do it properly and ban it, or stop pretending you give a damn with half a'sed laws. Typical nothing work from a bunch of money grabbing careerists pretending to be for the working class and delivering nothing in office.

If you are against Fox hunting, don't vote red or blue. Nothing will change under them.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

on 14:03 - May 10 with 5217 views_

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 14:03 - May 10 with 5215 viewsblue_oyster

A great distraction to stop discussion on more important difficult issues.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 14:35 - May 10 with 5175 viewschicoazul

It is a real surprise she has come out with this but that woman doesnt do anything by accident so the Tories are clearly very confident that they are going to return a handsome majority.

What a world. Leaving the EU and bringing back fox hunting.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 14:42 - May 10 with 5156 viewsRyorry

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 13:59 - May 10 by TheBlueBarca

Fox Hunting never stopped, Labour brought in some wishy washy PR vote winning laws that were just worked around and nothing changed. Labour did nothing to prevent the loopholes either.

It was a total waste of time and effort. Either do it properly and ban it, or stop pretending you give a damn with half a'sed laws. Typical nothing work from a bunch of money grabbing careerists pretending to be for the working class and delivering nothing in office.

If you are against Fox hunting, don't vote red or blue. Nothing will change under them.

Surely it's banned and only drag hunting (trail laid by human) takes place now?

Absolutely stupid ploy by May anyway, just reveals how shameless she is.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 14:45 - May 10 with 5144 viewshype313

If she can say she likes fox hunting, then it tells you all you need to know about the state of this election. She knows she can get away with statements like that, because within 5 minutes Corbyn or Abbott will come out with something even more shocking.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 14:49 - May 10 with 5129 viewsGlasgowBlue

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 14:35 - May 10 by chicoazul

It is a real surprise she has come out with this but that woman doesnt do anything by accident so the Tories are clearly very confident that they are going to return a handsome majority.

What a world. Leaving the EU and bringing back fox hunting.

As I said yesterday, I don't know why anyone finds this surprising. Giving a free vote on fox hunting has been in the last three Tory manifestos.

And she didn't bring the subject up. The Mirror ran a headline that there was a secret plot to bring back fox hunting (so secret it has been in the last 3 manifestos) and she was asked the question by the press yesterday. She answered the question openly, which is probably the only surprise.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 14:50 - May 10 with 5118 viewsWeWereZombies

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 14:42 - May 10 by Ryorry

Perhaps TheBlueBarca means that drag hunting allows full on fox hunting on the sly, there have been cases reported and I stumbled upon a standoff between hunt saboteurs and horses and hounds a few years ago.

But for once I agree with Blue Oyster, it is an issue that has had a disproportionate amount of parliamentary time for decades whilst numbers in child poverty and the National Debt increase.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 15:51 - May 10 with 5057 viewsBergholtBru

The ban on fox hunting was just class warfare by labour and should never have happened. Hopefully it will now be lifted.
"Freedom for the countryside".
"A-hunting we will go"!!

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 16:29 - May 10 with 5013 viewsgerard1947

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 15:51 - May 10 by BergholtBru

The ban on fox hunting was just class warfare by labour and should never have happened. Hopefully it will now be lifted.
"A-hunting we will go"!!

Freedom for the countryside, what does that mean. I've lived in the countryside all of my life, I don't support fox hunting. Most of my friends and family live in the countryside most of them don't support it either.

Fox hunting serves no purpose other than the amusement of a few people who like to chase a wild animal to exhaustion before tearing it to bits.
Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 17:21 - May 10 with 4957 viewsbluebud

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 16:29 - May 10 by gerard1947

Freedom for the countryside, what does that mean. I've lived in the countryside all of my life, I don't support fox hunting. Most of my friends and family live in the countryside most of them don't support it either.

Fox hunting serves no purpose other than the amusement of a few people who like to chase a wild animal to exhaustion before tearing it to bits.

...nature is brutal. I must admit the people who do it seem to enjoy it.
Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 18:02 - May 10 with 4930 viewsgerard1947

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 17:21 - May 10 by bluebud

I agree nature is brutal but that doesn't make fox hunting right.

Chasing a fox until it is exhausted and watching dogs pull it apart can't be right. It isn't all over as quick as we are encouraged to believe. The lead hound grabs the first thing it can, usually a leg or tail, the fox is then torn apart. Foxhounds are bred to maximise the chase time and torment, the fox is initially quicker, the hounds have greater stamina.

Is it right in this country, in this day and age for children to be blooded on their first hunt by smearing part of the dead animal on their cheek. If it was a practice in another country we would be up in arms.

I've seen a kill more than once, I've heard a fox scream before it's grizzly death. Thinking about it makes me feel sick still.

This isn't about freedom this is about animal cruelty.
Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 18:04 - May 10 with 4918 viewsLazymidfielder

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 15:51 - May 10 by BergholtBru

"A-hunting we will go"!!

Ludicrous. We are supposed to be a civilised nation. Killing stuff for fun is not something the state should condone.
Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 18:07 - May 10 with 4907 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 14:42 - May 10 by Ryorry

Tell that to the Easton Harriers....oh jolly whoops looks like we can't control our beastly dogs again, what jolly bad show!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 18:10 - May 10 with 4895 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 18:02 - May 10 by gerard1947

Chasing a fox until it is exhausted and watching dogs pull it apart can't be right. It isn't all over as quick as we are encouraged to believe. The lead hound grabs the first thing it can, usually a leg or tail, the fox is then torn apart. Foxhounds are bred to maximise the chase time and torment, the fox is initially quicker, the hounds have greater stamina.

Is it right in this country, in this day and age for children to be blooded on their first hunt by smearing part of the dead animal on their cheek. If it was a practice in another country we would be up in arms.

I've seen a kill more than once, I've heard a fox scream before it's grizzly death. Thinking about it makes me feel sick still.

As an ex hunt saboteur I agree entirely....have witnessed same, the terrier men are the paid heavies !

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 18:21 - May 10 with 4875 viewsSwansea_Blue

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 18:04 - May 10 by Lazymidfielder

Ludicrous. We are supposed to be a civilised nation. Killing stuff for fun is not something the state should condone.

You'd be surprised. Hating people because of where they are from isn't exactly the trait of a civilised nation either.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 18:22 - May 10 with 4872 viewsRyorry

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 18:02 - May 10 by gerard1947

Find me an alternative that is better for the fox than an instant death from hunting, and I'll support that alternative.

I cannot abide animals being trapped by a leg which they gnaw off in their desperation (and I'm afraid some gamekeepers do *not* inspect their traps every 24 hours, as I have personally witnessed); nor animals winged by poor shots which are then left to die an agonising slow death (including potentially being eaten alive by other animals if they cannot run to escape).

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 18:30 - May 10 with 4854 viewsRyorry

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 18:04 - May 10 by Lazymidfielder

Foxhunting is carried out to control vermin and protect livestock keepers from foxes which kill their lambs, poultry and fowl for fun (a fox will kill a whole henhouse of 20, not just the one it wants for food).

Whether or not humans enjoy the process is irrelevant.

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 18:35 - May 10 with 4844 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 18:30 - May 10 by Ryorry

Foxhunting is carried out to control vermin and protect livestock keepers from foxes which kill their lambs, poultry and fowl for fun (a fox will kill a whole henhouse of 20, not just the one it wants for food).

Foxes killing livestock is nature.
Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 18:36 - May 10 with 4837 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 17:21 - May 10 by bluebud

How is it nature when it involves human intervention?
Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 18:42 - May 10 with 4814 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 18:22 - May 10 by Ryorry

Find me an alternative that is better for the fox than an instant death from hunting, and I'll support that alternative.

I cannot abide animals being trapped by a leg which they gnaw off in their desperation (and I'm afraid some gamekeepers do *not* inspect their traps every 24 hours, as I have personally witnessed); nor animals winged by poor shots which are then left to die an agonising slow death (including potentially being eaten alive by other animals if they cannot run to escape).

Lamps and guns maybe.

Edit...as you may know more than one hunt has been caught releasing captured foxes for guaranteed "sport" and using cubs to train up the dogs..
[Post edited 10 May 2017 18:44]

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 18:44 - May 10 with 4802 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 18:22 - May 10 by Ryorry

How about putting your hand in your deep pocket and protecting your livestock properly?
Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 18:49 - May 10 with 4787 viewsm14_blue

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 18:30 - May 10 by Ryorry

I dunno, I have pest control at work but it's hardly ever 50 posh blokes on horses with a load of dogs blowing horns and yahooing.

Seems to me the enjoyment they get from it, far from being irrelevant, is actually the main motivation for most of them.

Farmers may welcome it for less perverse reasons, I'll grant you.
[Post edited 10 May 2017 18:52]
Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 18:53 - May 10 with 4766 viewsGlasgowBlue

Theresa May bringing back fox hunting. on 18:49 - May 10 by m14_blue

I dunno, I have pest control at work but it's hardly ever 50 posh blokes on horses with a load of dogs blowing horns and yahooing.

Seems to me the enjoyment they get from it, far from being irrelevant, is actually the main motivation for most of them.

Farmers may welcome it for less perverse reasons, I'll grant you.
[Post edited 10 May 2017 18:52]

I'm slightly confused. Earlier Ryorry was calling May shameless for saying she would bring back hunting but her last two posts seem to be in support of the practice.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024