Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave 12:35 - May 10 with 8199 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Tens of goals at this level and he isn't even 30 while a non-league substitute is deemed as a better option for next season.

Encouraging isn't it?
Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 12:46 - May 10 with 3570 viewsGuthrum

Pitman is a decent marksman, but he doesn't do much else (apart from have a go at his teammates). Has to have the ball fed to him in front of goal. We need more players who can create chances as well.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 12:47 - May 10 with 3562 viewsASAx

In my opinion Mick has probably decided several months ago that Pitman was not part of his long term plans.

As a free transfer, a striker and with proven quality he will be on a good wage. Probably one of the top earners after Chambers, McGoldrick and maybe a couple more.

Mick has possibly given Moore and Samuel a chance ahead of Pitman on the basis that he wanted to see what they could do and realistically we were never likely to go down.

I don't think for one minute Mick considers either to be better than Pitman. Purely that they offer better value for money within the squad as a backup / rotation option while freeing up Pitman's wage allows us to bring in someone else who may better fit what we need from them and therefore prove to be a better option than Pitman.

Pitman is an out and out finisher in a team that had the fewest shots in the division. The additional work we need, closing people down, working hard, running in the channels and making something out of nothing, is not what Pitman excels at and the last few months especially he's looked lazy, disinterested and argued with team mates.

He'll do very well at a club that plays to his strengths but that isn't us and so I'm happy to see him go if we target someone more suitable.

Obviously if Mick is genuinely thinking Moore or Samuel are as good and we don't need to replace Pitman then it's beyond laughable.
Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 13:04 - May 10 with 3478 viewsArcher4721

I think you might find he asked to leave some time ago.
Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 13:04 - May 10 with 3474 viewsTractorWood

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 12:46 - May 10 by Guthrum

Pitman is a decent marksman, but he doesn't do much else (apart from have a go at his teammates). Has to have the ball fed to him in front of goal. We need more players who can create chances as well.

This, 100%. Our unforgivable failing is not addressing our midfield and wingbacks and thus chance creation.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 13:24 - May 10 with 3407 viewsSomethingBlue

Yet of his 451 career appearances, exactly 200 have been as a substitute. Make you wonder anything?
[Post edited 10 May 2017 13:25]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 13:35 - May 10 with 3344 viewsGuthrum

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 13:04 - May 10 by Archer4721

That wouldn't surprise me, either.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 13:45 - May 10 with 3290 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 13:24 - May 10 by SomethingBlue

Yet of his 451 career appearances, exactly 200 have been as a substitute. Make you wonder anything?

Therefore Kieffer Moore is more sensible option isn't he?
Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 13:48 - May 10 with 3272 viewsSomethingBlue

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 13:45 - May 10 by Mach_foreignBlue

Therefore Kieffer Moore is more sensible option isn't he?

Let's be sensible and see who we bring in.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 13:56 - May 10 with 3248 viewsDolly2.0

Moore isn't the alternative to Pitman.

No doubt you'll attacking me now for something totally unrelated I said a year ago...

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 13:57 - May 10 with 3243 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 13:56 - May 10 by Dolly2.0

Moore isn't the alternative to Pitman.

No doubt you'll attacking me now for something totally unrelated I said a year ago...

Don't be paranoid.
Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 14:02 - May 10 with 3227 viewsTheBlueBarca

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 12:47 - May 10 by ASAx

In my opinion Mick has probably decided several months ago that Pitman was not part of his long term plans.

As a free transfer, a striker and with proven quality he will be on a good wage. Probably one of the top earners after Chambers, McGoldrick and maybe a couple more.

Mick has possibly given Moore and Samuel a chance ahead of Pitman on the basis that he wanted to see what they could do and realistically we were never likely to go down.

I don't think for one minute Mick considers either to be better than Pitman. Purely that they offer better value for money within the squad as a backup / rotation option while freeing up Pitman's wage allows us to bring in someone else who may better fit what we need from them and therefore prove to be a better option than Pitman.

Pitman is an out and out finisher in a team that had the fewest shots in the division. The additional work we need, closing people down, working hard, running in the channels and making something out of nothing, is not what Pitman excels at and the last few months especially he's looked lazy, disinterested and argued with team mates.

He'll do very well at a club that plays to his strengths but that isn't us and so I'm happy to see him go if we target someone more suitable.

Obviously if Mick is genuinely thinking Moore or Samuel are as good and we don't need to replace Pitman then it's beyond laughable.

I think your last sentence sums up old Mick perfectly. He's totally lost the plot here, he's only in the job because our owner is too worried about his own losses to change him.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 14:09 - May 10 with 3203 viewsDolly2.0

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 13:57 - May 10 by Mach_foreignBlue

Don't be paranoid.

Haha. That's exactly what you did yesterday!

So anyway, to the point again - Moore isn't the option instead of Pitman. The two are not related (unless you think Mick has totally taken leave of his senses).

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 14:10 - May 10 with 3196 viewsDolly2.0

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 14:02 - May 10 by TheBlueBarca

I think your last sentence sums up old Mick perfectly. He's totally lost the plot here, he's only in the job because our owner is too worried about his own losses to change him.

Where has Mick said we don't need to replace Pitman?

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 14:12 - May 10 with 3186 viewsTheBlueBarca

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 14:10 - May 10 by Dolly2.0

Where has Mick said we don't need to replace Pitman?

He's probably already lined up Dominic Samuel for the job and another Leon Best type to eat wagers here.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 14:17 - May 10 with 3163 viewschicoazul

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 12:46 - May 10 by Guthrum

You say being a great finisher who is determined to win like it's a bad thing. Goals win games, Pits when he played properly scored what was it 14 or whatever in his first season with us. He got the joint-third most assists last season despite making many fewer appearances than most. Youre talking rubbish.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 14:18 - May 10 with 3147 viewschicoazul

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 13:04 - May 10 by Archer4721

Like I said earlier we already let one homesick cry baby leave who is a good player.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 14:19 - May 10 with 3135 viewsDolly2.0

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 14:12 - May 10 by TheBlueBarca

He's probably already lined up Dominic Samuel for the job and another Leon Best type to eat wagers here.

Seeing as Mick bombed out Best himself, I very much doubt it.

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 14:23 - May 10 with 3115 viewschicoazul

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 13:24 - May 10 by SomethingBlue

Similarly he has an almost 1 in 3 career average according to Wikipedia stats. You seriously think we are going to get a player with that sort of quality to replace him? Who cares if he only starts or finishes games but doesnt do both? I can't think of a better player to bring on with 30 minutes left than someone who has a 1 in 3 average despite all those sub appearances.

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 14:34 - May 10 with 3089 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 14:09 - May 10 by Dolly2.0

Haha. That's exactly what you did yesterday!

So anyway, to the point again - Moore isn't the option instead of Pitman. The two are not related (unless you think Mick has totally taken leave of his senses).

Once again: don't be paranoid. You don't need to mention 'attacking yourself'. Just get focused on OP.

The past experiences will have taught us that any bizarre decision from this club is possible. That one from last August for example (Best as an option to replace Murphy). So you cannot entirely rule out the option of Moore instead of Pitman.
Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 14:46 - May 10 with 3061 viewsmonty_radio

Pitman seems to be seen as either lazy or proven. But given that he can actually control a football, score goals and attempt passes that others don't see, he'll know there'll be shedloads of takers. If it's a champ side he goes to, and they play him as a second striker, he'll be delighted to score against Mick. There'll be no muted celebration either!

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 14:49 - May 10 with 3052 viewsReuser_is_God

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 12:47 - May 10 by ASAx

Nailed it.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 14:51 - May 10 with 3038 viewsArcher4721

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 14:18 - May 10 by chicoazul

Like I said earlier we already let one homesick cry baby leave who is a good player.

Who's that then?
Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 14:56 - May 10 with 3017 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 14:34 - May 10 by Mach_foreignBlue

Once again: don't be paranoid. You don't need to mention 'attacking yourself'. Just get focused on OP.

The past experiences will have taught us that any bizarre decision from this club is possible. That one from last August for example (Best as an option to replace Murphy). So you cannot entirely rule out the option of Moore instead of Pitman.

Nope, but it's probably not worth crying about it until we see what transpires

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 14:57 - May 10 with 3010 viewsDolly2.0

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 14:34 - May 10 by Mach_foreignBlue

Priceless. Why didn't you focus on the OP the other day then?

Best wasn't a replacement for Murphy. He was here before Newcastle came sniffing and Murphy put in his transfer request.

Moore is a totally different player to Pitman. One is not instead of the other, unless Mick has had his brain removed.

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 15:03 - May 10 with 2992 viewschislehurstblue

Pitman who is a proven goalscorer at this level is told he can leave on 14:02 - May 10 by TheBlueBarca

Wow you really are out for MM

Take a step back for a minute. He hasnt the plot, ME hasnt made millions by employing or continuing to employ people that arent up to the job. Think about what you are saying.

MM said himself that he wanted to see what Samual and Moore could do. He would have been aware of what Pitman brings to the team has he has obviously played a number of games for the club.

I think the majority of us would agree that if Pitman isnt going to be in the starting 11 and probably being one of the higher earners then it makes sense to off load him. It will free up wages for someone that MM believes can make more of an impact on the starting 11 as its clear he thinks Pitman isnt the answer.

Now stop blubbing and try to think of something constructive to add to the debate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024