Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour 09:28 - May 12 with 3851 viewssparks

Does it apply to football? If not why not. If so then the impact would be enormous. Tea lady at old Trafford would need to be on 15k a week...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 09:49 - May 12 with 2366 viewsJ2BLUE

I'll be the tea lady for 15k a week.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 09:58 - May 12 with 2345 viewsTLA

That sounds reasonable - hard work, providing a service for hundreds of people, a listening ear etc. That seems worth 1/20th of what Wayne Rooney deserves to me, if not, a little more.
this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 09:59 - May 12 with 2329 viewsBlueBadger

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 09:58 - May 12 by TLA

That sounds reasonable - hard work, providing a service for hundreds of people, a listening ear etc. That seems worth 1/20th of what Wayne Rooney deserves to me, if not, a little more.

An idle thought has just occurred to me that if we paid the catering staff at PR on a piece rate they'd probably all starve.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:00 - May 12 with 2331 viewschicoazul

It's almost like they havent quite thought things through isnt it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:11 - May 12 with 2299 viewsNo9

It depends on which benchmark you use doesn't it?
It may surprise you that not all footballers get paid vast sums of money.

But how do you put a value on any persons services?
Do you believe that if anyone goes to work hey should be paid enough to live on?
this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:12 - May 12 with 2300 viewsunbelievablue

She starting left-back then?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:13 - May 12 with 2294 viewsunbelievablue

Originally proposed by Cameron, in 2010, for the Public Sector.

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:16 - May 12 with 2269 viewssparks

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:11 - May 12 by No9

It depends on which benchmark you use doesn't it?
It may surprise you that not all footballers get paid vast sums of money.

But how do you put a value on any persons services?
Do you believe that if anyone goes to work hey should be paid enough to live on?

How should this proposal work for football?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Login to get fewer ads

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:17 - May 12 with 2258 viewsunbelievablue

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:16 - May 12 by sparks

It wouldn't, obviously. Next.

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:31 - May 12 with 2219 viewsNo9

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:16 - May 12 by sparks

Football is an aberation

How do you value people should those at the bottom starve?

The worst job in the world is the one when you do a full weeks work you still can't pay the bills.

It is clear you see no value in people
this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:42 - May 12 with 2195 viewssparks

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:31 - May 12 by No9

Football is an aberation

How do you value people should those at the bottom starve?

The worst job in the world is the one when you do a full weeks work you still can't pay the bills.

It is clear you see no value in people

Stop Straw manning and explain how this works. Is a pragmatic exception made for football? What is the moral justification? Or is it an economic or practical justification?

If so what other businesses would have grounds to seek exemptions?

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:42 - May 12 with 2191 viewsunbelievablue

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:42 - May 12 by sparks

Stop Straw manning and explain how this works. Is a pragmatic exception made for football? What is the moral justification? Or is it an economic or practical justification?

You must be really bored today.

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:43 - May 12 with 2181 viewsJ2BLUE

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:42 - May 12 by unbelievablue

You must be really bored today.

It's a fair question. It seems a really poorly thought out idea.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:46 - May 12 with 2172 viewsNo9

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:42 - May 12 by sparks

Can you explain why you don't value people

If you don't want the tea lady to earn a living wage would you have her put down?
Is that your world, can't you accept the Pl is an aberation and not all footballers earn that amount?
this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:49 - May 12 with 2155 viewssparks

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:46 - May 12 by No9

Can you explain why you don't value people

If you don't want the tea lady to earn a living wage would you have her put down?
Is that your world, can't you accept the Pl is an aberation and not all footballers earn that amount?

Absolutely barking.

How do you consider the policy would or should apply? That's all I've asked. I've made no value judgments or comment on the principles at all.

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:50 - May 12 with 2142 viewsDarth_Koont

How is that a government contract?

Pronouns: He/Him

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:52 - May 12 with 2129 viewsunbelievablue

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:50 - May 12 by Darth_Koont

How is that a government contract?

He said something in an interview about footballers, basically.

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:53 - May 12 with 2123 viewsNo9

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:49 - May 12 by sparks

Absolutely barking.

How do you consider the policy would or should apply? That's all I've asked. I've made no value judgments or comment on the principles at all.

Not as barking as your implication that peole shouldn't earn a living wage or your refusal to accept the PL is an aberration.

Are these players on fatastic waages or is it salted away in a tax have in a business called ' Me Footballer'
this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:53 - May 12 with 2119 viewsNo9

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:49 - May 12 by sparks

Absolutely barking.

I'm off out now
this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:55 - May 12 with 2119 viewsMJallday

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:43 - May 12 by J2BLUE

It's a fair question. It seems a really poorly thought out idea.

it is a completly poorly thought out idea.

it wouldnt work in the football industy, and there are other sports industries that would fair just as poorly

pretty much every ftse 250 company would fall foul of it, as they pay their boards (let alone cheif execs) more thank 400k+ (assuming 20k for lowest member of staff)

most of the financial industry would get hit, quite a lot of the IT and healthcare industry too

labour talks about people working hard with one hand, but then vilifys and penalises
them for working hard and getting paid the market rate next. its a flawed policy and an outdated way of thinking

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:55 - May 12 with 2111 viewsunbelievablue

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:55 - May 12 by MJallday

it is a completly poorly thought out idea.

it wouldnt work in the football industy, and there are other sports industries that would fair just as poorly

pretty much every ftse 250 company would fall foul of it, as they pay their boards (let alone cheif execs) more thank 400k+ (assuming 20k for lowest member of staff)

most of the financial industry would get hit, quite a lot of the IT and healthcare industry too

labour talks about people working hard with one hand, but then vilifys and penalises
them for working hard and getting paid the market rate next. its a flawed policy and an outdated way of thinking

It's also not even a Labour policy.

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:56 - May 12 with 2109 viewssparks

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:53 - May 12 by No9

Not as barking as your implication that peole shouldn't earn a living wage or your refusal to accept the PL is an aberration.

Are these players on fatastic waages or is it salted away in a tax have in a business called ' Me Footballer'

I have implied nothing. You are dishonest in that assertion. The PL is plainly unusual and if you like an aberration. Stop evading. It's getting embarrassing. How do you think this should apply in the real world?

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:58 - May 12 with 2097 viewssparks

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:56 - May 12 by sparks

I have implied nothing. You are dishonest in that assertion. The PL is plainly unusual and if you like an aberration. Stop evading. It's getting embarrassing. How do you think this should apply in the real world?

He's legged it. I think we have the answer...

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:59 - May 12 with 2092 viewsDarth_Koont

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 10:52 - May 12 by unbelievablue

He said something in an interview about footballers, basically.

What was the context then?

Football is an example of what SHOULDN'T be used to normalise high pay in other industries. It's an enclosed market with an extremely limited supply of top-end talent. Really nothing like the rest of the private and public sector.

Pronouns: He/Him

this 20 - 1 salary ratio proposed by labour on 11:02 - May 12 with 2071 viewskizaitfc

Think Jose sacked the tea lady, Eva Carneiro gate all over again I heard

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024