Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- 12:33 - May 12 with 8730 viewsIpswichTownNL

It drives me up the wall that people keep using the argument that sacking Mick would cost the club a million pounds. It doesn’t. Sacking Mick is exactly as expensive — most likely LESS expensive - then keeping him on as a Manager. That million pounds is gone. Bye, bye. Whether we spend it right now or over the course of the next 12 month. No difference.

Extra costs are the costs of a new manager. A manager like Steijn — fwiw I don’t think Town has any interest in him — would snap sign at Town for a ~ 350k contract. If a new manager gets back 30% of the season tickets holders that left in the past two years you’re looking at a profit.

If Town sack Mick today you wouldn’t be able to open the door at Portman Road tomorrow because of the job application letters piling up at front door. I’m sure that a manager that requires a bigger investment would be open to ‘kick back on next year season ticket sales’ construction.

Moral of the story; Even if you are the biggest ‘Mick in’ supporter you have to admit that sticking with Mick is way bigger risk than sacking him at this point. We can sign Messi & Ronaldo this summer but if we lose the first two games of the season the atmosphere will be right back where we left it; toxic.

Sticking with Mick is gambling on a decent start of the season. If that doesn’t happen it’s another year wasted.

Dutch Tractor Boys! Follow on Twitter; @IpswichTownNL

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 12:37 - May 12 with 4979 viewsArcher4721

And what abut his no2 and coaches?
Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 12:39 - May 12 with 4955 viewshype313

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 12:37 - May 12 by Archer4721

Indeed, I read somewhere that Keane deliberately put in a huge backroom staff as so to make it more difficult to sack him.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 12:45 - May 12 with 4901 viewsArcher4721

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 12:39 - May 12 by hype313

Indeed, I read somewhere that Keane deliberately put in a huge backroom staff as so to make it more difficult to sack him.

That wouldn't surprise me.

People tend to forget what an upheaval it is when a manager goes, it's not just him who is contracted to the club. Terry Connor isn't on peanuts either
Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 12:46 - May 12 with 4891 viewsjeera

So a manager like Steijn would be relatively cheap, but its unlikely Town are interested.

Thing is, surely a decent manager would come at a price? I suppose maybe a deal could be struck nearer to the rate you suggest with heavy bonuses on the unlikely event of promotion.

Dunno. I don't think anyone is against the concept of a new man/fresh approach, but from any angle you take, it really is about the cost.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 12:47 - May 12 with 4879 viewshoppy

For what it's worth, I don't think we'll be signing Messi & Ronaldo this summer.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 12:48 - May 12 with 4857 viewsDoobDude

There are no "Mick In" supporters left.
Just people completely scared of change.

It's obvious that any properly run football club would have sacked him in January. Money is no excuse, we can play better football and achieve a better league placing without McCarthy.

Evans and McCarthy are very close. Milne might be the MD but it is obvious that McCarthy runs this club. He will only leave if new owners come in.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 12:49 - May 12 with 4853 viewsKieran_Knows

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 12:47 - May 12 by hoppy

For what it's worth, I don't think we'll be signing Messi & Ronaldo this summer.

You're kidding? I've got Messi 10 and Ronaldo 7 printed on my shirts!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 12:50 - May 12 with 4823 viewsartsbossbeard

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 12:47 - May 12 by hoppy

*lashes season ticket in the bin*

*hits CAPS LOCK button for new TWTD's thread*

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 12:51 - May 12 with 4804 viewshoppy

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 12:49 - May 12 by Kieran_Knows

Tweet them both, and they might pay for replacement shirts for you.

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 12:52 - May 12 with 4789 viewsKieran_Knows

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 12:51 - May 12 by hoppy

Tweet them both, and they might pay for replacement shirts for you.

Good thinking, i'll get to it right away....

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 12:54 - May 12 with 4777 viewsIpswichTownNL

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 12:37 - May 12 by Archer4721

That I find simply unbelievable. How can you have a ‘Director of Football’ at your club that is friends with the Manager. That job should always be in the hands of club legend that guards core values and club culture.

What does this David Bowman do at Ipswich anyways? Seriously.

Dutch Tractor Boys! Follow on Twitter; @IpswichTownNL

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 12:57 - May 12 with 4725 viewsartsbossbeard

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 12:54 - May 12 by IpswichTownNL

That I find simply unbelievable. How can you have a ‘Director of Football’ at your club that is friends with the Manager. That job should always be in the hands of club legend that guards core values and club culture.

In my head, I read your posts with a Dutch accent.

It works!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 13:01 - May 12 with 4677 viewsKieran_Knows

He's a scout. IIRC, a poster on here said he was given the 'Director of Football' title because Evans (presumably) made the chief scout at the time, redundant.

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 13:02 - May 12 with 4640 viewsBenters

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 12:48 - May 12 by DoobDude

There are no "Mick In" supporters left.
Just people completely scared of change.

It's obvious that any properly run football club would have sacked him in January. Money is no excuse, we can play better football and achieve a better league placing without McCarthy.

Evans and McCarthy are very close. Milne might be the MD but it is obvious that McCarthy runs this club. He will only leave if new owners come in.

FANtastic !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 13:03 - May 12 with 4631 viewsDoobDude

Like everyone else at the club, whatever McCarthy tells them to do.
It's very difficult to sack the man that is basically running the club.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 13:04 - May 12 with 4620 viewshype313

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 13:03 - May 12 by DoobDude

As Arsenal are finding out.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 13:08 - May 12 with 4560 viewsBenters

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 13:03 - May 12 by DoobDude

Ee by gum he's grand at it lad !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 13:29 - May 12 with 4403 viewsStenvict

The new shirts aren't out yet so did you get them on last seasons?

Poll: What will be announced first?

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 13:30 - May 12 with 4401 viewsKieran_Knows

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 13:29 - May 12 by Stenvict

The new shirts aren't out yet so did you get them on last seasons?

I got them on the orange third shirt that was never brought out ....

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 13:36 - May 12 with 4371 viewsSwansea_Blue

Must look a bit daft when you're in meetings. Although I suppose a suit jacket would cover it over.

Each to their own though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 13:50 - May 12 with 4299 viewshoppy

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 12:57 - May 12 by artsbossbeard

In my head, I read your posts with a Dutch accent.

It works!

You are Steve McClaren, and I claim my £5.

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 13:52 - May 12 with 4270 viewsartsbossbeard

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 13:50 - May 12 by hoppy

You are Steve McClaren, and I claim my £5.

*puts brolly in cupboard*

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 13:59 - May 12 with 4228 viewsPhilTWTD

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 13:01 - May 12 by Kieran_Knows

He's a scout. IIRC, a poster on here said he was given the 'Director of Football' title because Evans (presumably) made the chief scout at the time, redundant.

Steve McCall was already the chief scout and stayed on for the first year and a half of MM's time here, hence Dave Bowman being given the rather misleading job title.
Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 14:00 - May 12 with 4208 viewsKieran_Knows

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 13:59 - May 12 by PhilTWTD

Steve McCall was already the chief scout and stayed on for the first year and a half of MM's time here, hence Dave Bowman being given the rather misleading job title.

Thought it was something along those lines, thanks for clearing that up.

Sacking Mick doesn’t cost £ 1.000.000,- on 14:04 - May 12 with 4171 viewsDolly2.0

'you have to admit that sticking with Mick is way bigger risk than sacking him at this point."

Not at all. I thinking sacking him is also very risky.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024