Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could we have a venkys situation next season? 17:56 - May 12 with 3858 viewsrgp1

If McCarthy is still here then potentially a toxic atmosphere at every home game, surely the club are not blind to this?
Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 17:58 - May 12 with 3845 viewschristiand

Most definitely. A few poor results and the attendances will dwindle too.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 18:01 - May 12 with 3842 viewsSomethingBlue

I'm not sure how anyone can compare Evans with Venkys, much as we are all frustrated at things.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 18:08 - May 12 with 3830 viewsPJH

I would assume that those of us that are there next season are there wanting ITFC to do well so why would any of them (us) want to make it harder for ITFC to do well by making the atmosphere toxic?

It would appear that those that had their little campaigns to get MM sacked have failed,do you think that they will start next season still trying to get MM sacked or do you think that they will go back to supporting the team?
Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 18:13 - May 12 with 3814 viewsSwansea_Blue

Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 18:08 - May 12 by PJH

I would assume that those of us that are there next season are there wanting ITFC to do well so why would any of them (us) want to make it harder for ITFC to do well by making the atmosphere toxic?

It would appear that those that had their little campaigns to get MM sacked have failed,do you think that they will start next season still trying to get MM sacked or do you think that they will go back to supporting the team?

A couple of half hearted efforts and defeats and the grumbles and boos will be back.

Not going to happen though - we're going to storm the league next year. Def info!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 19:31 - May 12 with 3732 viewsrgp1

So then, if you went to the theatre and at the end of the show the actor's bowed and said ' thanks for coming but you're all fecking tw@ts' would you go back again?

If the man was so popular why have we sold 2000 less season tickets?
Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 19:48 - May 12 with 3714 viewsFtnfwest

Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 19:31 - May 12 by rgp1

So then, if you went to the theatre and at the end of the show the actor's bowed and said ' thanks for coming but you're all fecking tw@ts' would you go back again?

It's perfectly possible to support your club without paying £500 up front for the 'pleasure'
Sorry that was meant as a reply to pjh
[Post edited 12 May 2017 19:49]
Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 19:56 - May 12 with 3690 viewsDolly2.0

Mach foreign blue would rather have the Venkys in charge of us than Evans.

Make of that what you will.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 20:14 - May 12 with 3660 viewsbrogansnose

I have no real idea of what a Venky's situation is but our owner, who I'm not happy with , is nowhere near as dreadful as the Venky's. I also seem to recall that when Harry did his notes on Blackburn their fans said that they would have Mick as manager anyday.
Login to get fewer ads

Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 23:03 - May 12 with 3553 viewsFreddy

Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 20:14 - May 12 by brogansnose

I have no real idea of what a Venky's situation is but our owner, who I'm not happy with , is nowhere near as dreadful as the Venky's. I also seem to recall that when Harry did his notes on Blackburn their fans said that they would have Mick as manager anyday.

No comparison of Evans & Venkys
Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 00:31 - May 13 with 3487 viewsITFCRealist

Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 23:03 - May 12 by Freddy

No comparison of Evans & Venkys

True, the Venkys do open the purse strings and sack poor managers.
Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 01:36 - May 13 with 3449 viewsStenvict

Do you support a theatre show through thick and thin?

Poll: What will be announced first?

Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 06:35 - May 13 with 3366 viewswitchdoctor

shouldn't think it will be too bad....the clubs just about down to the happy clapper mob and those who are delighted with the job he's doing...
Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 06:52 - May 13 with 3357 viewsBenters

Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 06:35 - May 13 by witchdoctor

shouldn't think it will be too bad....the clubs just about down to the happy clapper mob and those who are delighted with the job he's doing...

Let those happy people clap !

#becarefulwhatyouwishfor

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 07:10 - May 13 with 3333 viewsimsureazzure

Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 18:01 - May 12 by SomethingBlue

I'm not sure how anyone can compare Evans with Venkys, much as we are all frustrated at things.

Did the Venky's splash 8mil on Rhodes and believe it or not 3mil on Leon Best?
Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 07:14 - May 13 with 3327 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Because of the chronic under-investment over a number of seasons that culminated with us failing to replace our most important player last Summer, and subsequently having our worst season in living memory

Coupled with the prices going up

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 07:47 - May 13 with 3294 viewsTractorWood

I think that's slightly binary. It's stands to reason that the 2,000 ST holders that weren't turning up at the end of last season haven't renewed. That said, the atmosphere was pretty toxic at PR last season and if we get off to a bad start next season I don't think everyone will just clap and cheer relentlessly.

Honestly, no one outside of the North makes any noise any way, so one can interpret their personal​ definition of support how they want. Similar to some away games where we take 1,000 fans but 800 of them sit down drinking hot chocolate.
[Post edited 13 May 2017 7:49]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 08:00 - May 13 with 3268 viewsBenters

Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 07:47 - May 13 by TractorWood

I think that's slightly binary. It's stands to reason that the 2,000 ST holders that weren't turning up at the end of last season haven't renewed. That said, the atmosphere was pretty toxic at PR last season and if we get off to a bad start next season I don't think everyone will just clap and cheer relentlessly.

Honestly, no one outside of the North makes any noise any way, so one can interpret their personal​ definition of support how they want. Similar to some away games where we take 1,000 fans but 800 of them sit down drinking hot chocolate.

There are superfans and then there is PJH .He takes it to a new level.

Mind you he does owe me a pint.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 08:49 - May 13 with 3237 viewsPJH

If the audience had booed them I would expect the actors to call them fecking tw@ts.

MM is quite right to make it clear that he thinks that the 'king idiots that verbally abuse him and his players are 'king idiots.
He is a little bit too general in his comments about fans though.
Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 08:52 - May 13 with 3233 viewsPJH

Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 08:00 - May 13 by Benters

There are superfans and then there is PJH .He takes it to a new level.

Mind you he does owe me a pint.

I am not a superfan but I think I have the intellect to know that booing and verbally abusing your own players is not likely to make them play better,some obviously do not have that intellect.
Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 09:40 - May 13 with 3186 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 08:52 - May 13 by PJH

I am not a superfan but I think I have the intellect to know that booing and verbally abusing your own players is not likely to make them play better,some obviously do not have that intellect.

A football forum is not the place to get all uppity about one's intellect.

BOT

Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 14:48 - May 13 with 3088 viewsrgp1

Could we have a venkys situation next season? on 07:47 - May 13 by TractorWood

The thing i noticed last season after Lincoln scored in the last minute was fans not getting p1ssed off but really rabid and raging angry, something I'd not seen for a long time. However if I can be clear I am not advocating that we boo the manager or players but my point is that if you keep pulling the dog's tail eventually it will bite.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024