Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... 20:20 - May 13 with 5525 viewsbluesym

wow- really?

What on earth makes you think that this particular 58yr old, with over 20 years of management,has done anything last season that he will change this coming one?
[Post edited 13 May 2017 20:28]

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 20:39 - May 13 with 4441 viewschristiand

Agree completely, I very much imagine its going to be the same old, same old. I would love to be a fly on the wall listening to his conversation with ME this summer. Lets be honest if it starts poorly next season, there's going to be a lot of pressure on MM. If the 5 point plan is to believed, then MM has been asked to make the football more appealing/entertaining. I just don't think he can deliver this, based on what I've seen over the 4+ seasons he has been here.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 21:10 - May 13 with 4389 viewsjas0999

He won't. It's more of the same.
I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 21:21 - May 13 with 4357 viewswkj

I do hope Mick has learned from last season- if the club is keeping him on, which seems the odds on thing to happen. I wont willingly hope a town manager does poorly no matter how much I want to see a change- and that's the real concern, the people who want him to do badly out of spite

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 21:24 - May 13 with 4351 viewsKieran_Knows

I don't think he's got a choice. Milne himself acknowledges that fans are staying away because of the football on offer.

Whilst I think it's time for him to go, if Evans is looking to keep him on, he needs to back him properly and Mick needs to get us back to how we were playing in 14/15 and the Newcastle game the other week.
[Post edited 13 May 2017 21:26]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 21:34 - May 13 with 4304 viewstextbackup

He's been sht for 2 years. He hasn't changed or learnt

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 21:47 - May 13 with 4282 viewsbluesym

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 21:24 - May 13 by Kieran_Knows

I don't think he's got a choice. Milne himself acknowledges that fans are staying away because of the football on offer.

Whilst I think it's time for him to go, if Evans is looking to keep him on, he needs to back him properly and Mick needs to get us back to how we were playing in 14/15 and the Newcastle game the other week.
[Post edited 13 May 2017 21:26]

the newcastle game proved to me that its not all about Evans lack of investment.

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 21:48 - May 13 with 4273 viewsbluesym

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 21:34 - May 13 by textbackup

He's been sht for 2 years. He hasn't changed or learnt

Well,yeah.

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 21:50 - May 13 with 4264 viewsKieran_Knows

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 21:47 - May 13 by bluesym

the newcastle game proved to me that its not all about Evans lack of investment.

There is that. But when you think the likes of Spence, Huws, Berra and Lawrence may not be here next season (from that side) then suitable, if not better replacements need to be found, which ultimately comes from Evans pocket.
[Post edited 13 May 2017 21:51]

Login to get fewer ads

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 21:54 - May 13 with 4256 viewsEatonBlue

Yes he must - there were so many errors this season.
This season reminded me of 1965/66 (not that anyone else will remember it) when we finished 15th out of 22. There was a big clear out and the next season we finished 5th.
The big change since those days is of course football finances - over to you Marcus.
[Post edited 13 May 2017 22:02]
I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 21:59 - May 13 with 4228 viewschristiand

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 21:47 - May 13 by bluesym

Although it does have some part to play its isn't the only reason. I find this a very strange comment that money = good football. Manchester United last season and this have been rather less than inspiring after spending 1/4 billion on players. I do believe it is down to the quality of the coaching our players are getting on the training ground. For me, the more I see of MM he is a manager of players and not a man that works on coaching his players. If he had more people in his coaching staff that worked on this aspect then perhaps we would play a better style. Nevertheless, MM was never a player with great finesse for the teams that he played for, so to get him to change a style to something that is very alien to him is hard to do.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 22:02 - May 13 with 4214 viewsbluesym

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 21:50 - May 13 by Kieran_Knows

There is that. But when you think the likes of Spence, Huws, Berra and Lawrence may not be here next season (from that side) then suitable, if not better replacements need to be found, which ultimately comes from Evans pocket.
[Post edited 13 May 2017 21:51]

Id still rather have somebody else in charge if Evans does finally open that dusty old purse again,

McCarthy spunking 3 mill on a younger version of Luke Varney scares the sht out of me
[Post edited 13 May 2017 22:04]

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 22:04 - May 13 with 4208 viewsKieran_Knows

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 22:02 - May 13 by bluesym

Id still rather have somebody else in charge if Evans does finally open that dusty old purse again,

McCarthy spunking 3 mill on a younger version of Luke Varney scares the sht out of me
[Post edited 13 May 2017 22:04]

As I say, I think it's time for Mick to go. But if Evans is sticking by his man (which is looking more and more likely by the day) then I'd like to see him back him. Whether that's a good thing or not, remains to be seen.

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 22:06 - May 13 with 4201 viewsPJH

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 21:54 - May 13 by EatonBlue

Yes he must - there were so many errors this season.
This season reminded me of 1965/66 (not that anyone else will remember it) when we finished 15th out of 22. There was a big clear out and the next season we finished 5th.
The big change since those days is of course football finances - over to you Marcus.
[Post edited 13 May 2017 22:02]

The very end of 1965/66 saw the debut of a 17 year old Mick Mills and the back end of 1965/66 saw the return of Ray Crawford and then 1966/67 saw the emergence of Colin Viljoen but the four players that made the most appearances in 1965/66 (Baxter,Hancock,Brogan and Hegan) were all part of the side that eventually got promoted in 1967/68.
I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 22:14 - May 13 with 4187 viewsKeaneish

Listening to the interview on ITFC player I think Mick genuinely believes the football he delivers is good value and will happily back it up but pointing to league table finishes over the last few season's. Sad thing is, the owner and the board are clearly buying it. In truth, he's tried to change things up for varying reasons with little success. I'm expecting a bit of a change next season though. I think we will play with a bit more fluidity but it all depends on who we sign. I expect to see a bit more power and pace comr into the squad over the summer. Couple that with a few natural leaders and it should make a difference if Mick plays his cards right.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 22:25 - May 13 with 4145 viewsGarv

Well he's already learnt one lesson from this time last year by releasing Douglas.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 22:28 - May 13 with 4127 viewsGarv

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 22:14 - May 13 by Keaneish

Listening to the interview on ITFC player I think Mick genuinely believes the football he delivers is good value and will happily back it up but pointing to league table finishes over the last few season's. Sad thing is, the owner and the board are clearly buying it. In truth, he's tried to change things up for varying reasons with little success. I'm expecting a bit of a change next season though. I think we will play with a bit more fluidity but it all depends on who we sign. I expect to see a bit more power and pace comr into the squad over the summer. Couple that with a few natural leaders and it should make a difference if Mick plays his cards right.

We've needed all those things for long and never got them. I'm not confident.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 06:05 - May 14 with 3949 viewsBenters

It will be the same old same,we will probably finish 12th and the inners will say it was the right thing sticking by MM as improvement has been made.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 08:08 - May 14 with 3868 viewsBehindBlueEyes

The thing that annoys me most with MM is he does occasionally pick attacking teams with different formations but as soon as we have a setback he reverts straight back to type with ultra defensive tactics.

If he's going to give a different formation or style of play a go then at least give it a few games to bed in properly.

Blog: Kundai Benyu – The Golden Shot?

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 08:18 - May 14 with 3847 viewsTractorWood

It was a freak one off, our best performance in 5 years. I agree with OP though, some Town fans are so anti change 'give him til Christmas'.
[Post edited 14 May 2017 8:20]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 08:26 - May 14 with 3818 viewsBenters

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 08:18 - May 14 by TractorWood

It was a freak one off, our best performance in 5 years. I agree with OP though, some Town fans are so anti change 'give him til Christmas'.
[Post edited 14 May 2017 8:20]

Which Christmas?

Gentlybentley

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 08:52 - May 14 with 3785 viewsmonty_radio

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 22:06 - May 13 by PJH

The very end of 1965/66 saw the debut of a 17 year old Mick Mills and the back end of 1965/66 saw the return of Ray Crawford and then 1966/67 saw the emergence of Colin Viljoen but the four players that made the most appearances in 1965/66 (Baxter,Hancock,Brogan and Hegan) were all part of the side that eventually got promoted in 1967/68.

Hmm - Hank = Bart; but apart from that, who is your Brogan, Hegan, or Viljoen? The latter two being, arguably, in the second-best Town team of all time? We don't currently have a spine.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Agree with this on 09:01 - May 14 with 3768 viewsDyland

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 21:59 - May 13 by christiand

Although it does have some part to play its isn't the only reason. I find this a very strange comment that money = good football. Manchester United last season and this have been rather less than inspiring after spending 1/4 billion on players. I do believe it is down to the quality of the coaching our players are getting on the training ground. For me, the more I see of MM he is a manager of players and not a man that works on coaching his players. If he had more people in his coaching staff that worked on this aspect then perhaps we would play a better style. Nevertheless, MM was never a player with great finesse for the teams that he played for, so to get him to change a style to something that is very alien to him is hard to do.

I do think Mick deserves more credit than some give him, but from the evidence I can't imagine slick possession football is a priority on the training ground.

Compare with Burley before he went mad and created an unmanageable dressing room. It was clear they worked relentlessly on possession, neat triangles and passing up the pitch.

The only way we will see quick attacking football with Mick is if Evans gives him serious funds to buy a couple of very good wingers and another quality target man. And even then, I just don't think he will change his generally cautious approach.

I want us to be cavalier!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 10:12 - May 14 with 3691 viewsstrikalite

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 21:59 - May 13 by christiand

Agree, for me he's a back foot Manager in a game where everyone else is playing on the front foot, he still thinks defending is the most important part of the game, is that because he used to be a no nonsense centre half? Of course defending is important but you can't sacrifice players with flair in order to achieve very little else..
I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 19:57 - May 14 with 3494 viewsipswichone

after newcastle game, changed 9 players for next game.anyone with a brain knows you dont change winning team,therefore last three games we lost mm really doesnt have a brain
I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 04:59 - May 15 with 3391 viewsBenters

I'm seeing some people say 'Hopefully Mick has learnt from last season'... on 19:57 - May 14 by ipswichone

after newcastle game, changed 9 players for next game.anyone with a brain knows you dont change winning team,therefore last three games we lost mm really doesnt have a brain

But we were safe,thats all everybody seemed worried about,to lose the last three on the bounce,after finally winning two on the bounce,was piss poor .

Gentlybentley

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024