Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 of the 3 promoted last season return next season 09:28 - May 15 with 6074 viewsblueblood66

No doubt they will be in the mix to go back again, such is modern football and the crazy parachute payments
2 of the 3 promoted last season return next season on 13:17 - May 15 with 1659 viewsSteve_M

2 of the 3 promoted last season return next season on 09:38 - May 15 by itfcjoe

If Hull keep hold of their manager I can't see them struggling - bearing in mind when he was appointed they were below Sunderland and he didn't really bring any of his own guys in, and with his track record, he clearly has something about him.

Sunderland will struggle, they are a shambles.

Boro need a good appointment, I'd expect them to be there or thereabouts with top 6.

Hull, I think as much depends on the actions of the Allams this Summer as keeping hold of Silva. They made an utter mess of last Summer (see halfway down here if anyone is unfamiliar: http://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-winners-and-losers-70 ).

Sunderland do look much like Villa, a club hanging on for years and finally having to sort things out. I suspect they'll spend a bit to go for it but still be a mess, might even depend if they keep Defoe.

Boro look best placed to try to go straight back up but they were markedly poor this season, not many goals there despite spending a lot on strikers. If they get off to a good start then they will do well, a bad one and it gets a lot harder.

Derby should compete under Rowett, especially if they can avoid bringing in loads of players this Summer. Otherwise Norwich, Leeds and the three in the play-offs will think they have a chance.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

2 of the 3 promoted last season return next season on 13:19 - May 15 with 1660 viewsvapour_trail

I make this the weakest relegated trio for some time, arriving in a strong championship. There's no real case to be made for any of them doing a Newcastle.

Would be surprised if Silva sticks around at hull, although I don't think there'll be too many EPL managerial changes this summer so you never know.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

2 of the 3 promoted last season return next season on 13:25 - May 15 with 1649 viewsvapour_trail

2 of the 3 promoted last season return next season on 13:17 - May 15 by Steve_M

Hull, I think as much depends on the actions of the Allams this Summer as keeping hold of Silva. They made an utter mess of last Summer (see halfway down here if anyone is unfamiliar: http://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-winners-and-losers-70 ).

Sunderland do look much like Villa, a club hanging on for years and finally having to sort things out. I suspect they'll spend a bit to go for it but still be a mess, might even depend if they keep Defoe.

Boro look best placed to try to go straight back up but they were markedly poor this season, not many goals there despite spending a lot on strikers. If they get off to a good start then they will do well, a bad one and it gets a lot harder.

Derby should compete under Rowett, especially if they can avoid bringing in loads of players this Summer. Otherwise Norwich, Leeds and the three in the play-offs will think they have a chance.

There's no way Arry would have signed on at Brum, if he didn't have access to the funds to sign a bunch of old lags with the nouse to mount a challenge.

And there's usually a club up from L1 that carries on their upward momentum.

2 of the 3 promoted last season return next season on 13:57 - May 15 with 1631 viewsKeaneish

2 of the 3 promoted last season return next season on 09:29 - May 15 by Lord_Lucan

Funnily I can't see any of the relegated clubs going up next season.

I agree. I don't think the leadership is right in any of those clubs. I'll have a friendly wager now that the clubs in the Championship who fair well next season will likely be those who have managers who know the demands of the division well, Monk, Warburton, 'arry etc...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

2 of the 3 promoted last season return next season on 14:37 - May 15 with 1605 viewsITFC_Forever

2 of the 3 promoted last season return next season on 09:45 - May 15 by HarryWright

I don't think Hull are anywhere near the disarray villa were in. They put up a decent fight but bottled it in the last couple of games.

Hull are a shambles behind the scenes, Allam not getting his own way and sulking, Bruce walked out on them a couple of weeks before the season and their fans were staying away in droves for much of the season.

Silva has come in and done well, but it's papering over the cracks. Someone else will be in for him this summer.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

2 of the 3 promoted last season return next season on 14:40 - May 15 with 1596 viewsLankHenners

2 of the 3 promoted last season return next season on 14:37 - May 15 by ITFC_Forever

Hull are a shambles behind the scenes, Allam not getting his own way and sulking, Bruce walked out on them a couple of weeks before the season and their fans were staying away in droves for much of the season.

Silva has come in and done well, but it's papering over the cracks. Someone else will be in for him this summer.

The Allam family is most certainly very unpopular and seen as the root cause of their problems. Essentially, when a manager comes in and does well, the Allams refuse them the necessary funds to take them to the next level, they fall out, dip in form then repeat the process.

Silva was an excellent addition and brought in some good players that proved to be popular with the fans but just had too big a task to complete.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

2 of the 3 promoted last season return next season on 14:45 - May 15 with 1582 viewsDarth_Koont

Middlesbrough are the real worrying team. Not so much for how well they'll do next season (who knows?) but for how they couldn't make the leap and stay up. They looked like they had everything in place (manager, players, backing) and still came up a fair way short.

All a bit worrying/depressing for our long-term future even if we do achieve the first step of challenging for the play-offs.

Pronouns: He/Him

2 of the 3 promoted last season return next season on 14:59 - May 15 with 1563 viewsGuthrum

2 of the 3 promoted last season return next season on 14:45 - May 15 by Darth_Koont

Middlesbrough are the real worrying team. Not so much for how well they'll do next season (who knows?) but for how they couldn't make the leap and stay up. They looked like they had everything in place (manager, players, backing) and still came up a fair way short.

All a bit worrying/depressing for our long-term future even if we do achieve the first step of challenging for the play-offs.

They had a specific technical problem - inability to score goals.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

2 of the 3 promoted last season return next season on 15:06 - May 15 with 1554 viewsDarth_Koont

2 of the 3 promoted last season return next season on 14:59 - May 15 by Guthrum

They had a specific technical problem - inability to score goals.

They weren't exactly free-scoring in the Championship either so I suppose that makes sense - you clearly need more than overall strength and stability at that level.

Still, worrying that a promoted side needs goals as it's the one thing that's hardest to guarantee. We're relying on at least a couple of players hitting great form at the right time.

Pronouns: He/Him

2 of the 3 promoted last season return next season on 15:17 - May 15 with 1541 viewsHarryWright

2 of the 3 promoted last season return next season on 13:02 - May 15 by The_Last_Baron

Hull are in a mess and could struggle. They'll lose their manager and any player up to scratch.

Sunderland are so bad they could go down again.

Middlesbrough are a good bet for the top six but they'll need to have a change of system and start scoring goals again.

I fancy Norwich, Derby if they can get the team spirit sorted, Fulham and Sheffield Wednesday if they don't go up to lead the promotion charge.

If Bart is sold, Mick stays and he's given little funds, we will be bottom 6...at best.

Norwich? overrated in my opinion, some decent players there but I think there are much better squads in the championship. They are having a big rebuild this summer so a lot will depend on who they bring in.

I hear if they don't go up next year they'll struggle with investment past that. Oh how I'd love to see them fall.
2 of the 3 promoted last season return next season on 19:01 - May 15 with 1482 viewsvapour_trail

2 of the 3 promoted last season return next season on 14:45 - May 15 by Darth_Koont

The climb to the EPL is a lot easier to bridge than it was 10, 15 years ago, albeit two have come back this year. I think the money has reached a bit of a saturation point up there, so the quality doesn't increase with the wages any more. And the clubs going up are so enriched, most are able to more or less compete.

We haven't had an abject season like the Sunderland and Derby ones for years, with the exception of villa last season, and they were an established top flight club.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024