Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges 10:30 - May 19 with 2754 viewsHerbivore

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39970768

How on earth is the electorate meant to trust the Tories to actually govern a country?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 10:37 - May 19 with 2731 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sshhh. You're not allowed to question them.

Agree entirely though. Immigration pledge won't happen, as they've failed twice (irrespective of being in the EU) and we need people to come here, for a whole lot of reasons talked to death about on here before.

But they know they can get away with (a) not providing any detail, (b) lying, (c) knowingly promising things they have no expectation of happening or wish to do. People blindly follow the mantra 'strong and stable', believe we're 'all in it together" and swallow the lie that Labour caused the Great Recession and were responsible for the breakup of AC/DC.

Superb spin/marketing. We've all been done like kippers (although not that sort of KIPper, as they've all crawled back under the Tory right wing).

Still, at least we have a dynamic, organised and experienced opposition pushing them all the way.....oh.

Vote Flying Spaghetti Monster!!!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 10:41 - May 19 with 2715 viewsNo9

There is nothing in the tory manifesto that is believeable other than the attck on pensioners sponsered by the 'Taxpayer Alliance'.
The most noticeable thing is the complete lack of a Brexit agenda which given Kim Jong May's stance and Lynton Crosby's promotion, on Brexit is not acceptable. If it is important and we are supposedly to vote to ger her more power there should be details as to how 'she' will proceed.

Biggest bunch of political lies for a long time
Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 10:44 - May 19 with 2706 viewsHerbivore

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 10:37 - May 19 by Swansea_Blue

Sshhh. You're not allowed to question them.

Agree entirely though. Immigration pledge won't happen, as they've failed twice (irrespective of being in the EU) and we need people to come here, for a whole lot of reasons talked to death about on here before.

But they know they can get away with (a) not providing any detail, (b) lying, (c) knowingly promising things they have no expectation of happening or wish to do. People blindly follow the mantra 'strong and stable', believe we're 'all in it together" and swallow the lie that Labour caused the Great Recession and were responsible for the breakup of AC/DC.

Superb spin/marketing. We've all been done like kippers (although not that sort of KIPper, as they've all crawled back under the Tory right wing).

Still, at least we have a dynamic, organised and experienced opposition pushing them all the way.....oh.

Vote Flying Spaghetti Monster!!!

Even with a stronger leader than Corbyn I think Labour would still be stuffed. Too much of the press is balls deep in the Tory government and it means that there is simply no chance of the electorate getting fair and balanced coverage to enable them to make informed decisions. It's all spin, propaganda and outright lies designed to preserve the Tory party in power and strengthen their hand.

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 10:45 - May 19 with 2702 viewsNo9

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 10:44 - May 19 by Herbivore

Even with a stronger leader than Corbyn I think Labour would still be stuffed. Too much of the press is balls deep in the Tory government and it means that there is simply no chance of the electorate getting fair and balanced coverage to enable them to make informed decisions. It's all spin, propaganda and outright lies designed to preserve the Tory party in power and strengthen their hand.

Agreed
Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 10:48 - May 19 with 2700 viewsBergholtBru

The simple fact of the matter is, if you don`t like them don`t vote for them. I suppose past experience of labour cock-ups is one reason many will vote for them, and also most of us are not communists!! Why don`t you try to be positive and instead of arguing why we shouldn`t vote Tory, suggest a viable alternative.
You`re like a bad salesman who tries to sell his product by slagging off the competition rather than highlighting it`s own merits.

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 10:49 - May 19 with 2697 viewsDolly2.0

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 10:41 - May 19 by No9

There is nothing in the tory manifesto that is believeable other than the attck on pensioners sponsered by the 'Taxpayer Alliance'.
The most noticeable thing is the complete lack of a Brexit agenda which given Kim Jong May's stance and Lynton Crosby's promotion, on Brexit is not acceptable. If it is important and we are supposedly to vote to ger her more power there should be details as to how 'she' will proceed.

Biggest bunch of political lies for a long time

The Tory manifesto is always a tissue of lies. It's been proven time and again. Do people just forget?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 10:50 - May 19 with 2693 viewsDolly2.0

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 10:48 - May 19 by BergholtBru

The simple fact of the matter is, if you don`t like them don`t vote for them. I suppose past experience of labour cock-ups is one reason many will vote for them, and also most of us are not communists!! Why don`t you try to be positive and instead of arguing why we shouldn`t vote Tory, suggest a viable alternative.
You`re like a bad salesman who tries to sell his product by slagging off the competition rather than highlighting it`s own merits.

Yeah, it's not like the Tories do that.

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 10:54 - May 19 with 2682 viewsHerbivore

Your last sentence is exactly what Tory supporters do. Their whole pitch is 'yeah but what about Labour!', in fact you've done exactly that yourself with the first part of your post. I've seen very little in the way of Tory supporters (or the party) providing a positive reason for voting for them, there's no vision for a better society just a lot of scaremongering and selling the lie that their 'strong and stable' leadership is the only thing preventing us from going to the dogs.

What's the alternative? Labour. They will look to create a fairer society with a focus on people and not big business. Their manifesto has lots of ideas on how to do that if you'd care to take a look.
[Post edited 19 May 2017 10:55]

Login to get fewer ads

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 10:58 - May 19 with 2671 viewsdirtyboy

I thought some Labour supporters would like the 'attack' on the pensioners..

It's fair IMO....my grandparents are wealthy, they have more income than me, they don't need a winter payment, so that's good to not give it to them unecessarily.

Also, someone has to pay for their care, if it comes out of their estate, that's fine by me too.

Got a poor pensioner, little house, £150k, £50k towards their care, they still get to leave £100k to children or whoever.

Got a rich pensioner (not necessarily income) £400k bungalow, needs care for years, £300k goes towards their care, still get to leave £100k for children....so the inheritance becomes level, keeps the housing market fluid as more homes become sold to pay for said care after death too.

Or am I missing something?
Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 11:00 - May 19 with 2664 viewsHerbivore

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 10:58 - May 19 by dirtyboy

I thought some Labour supporters would like the 'attack' on the pensioners..

It's fair IMO....my grandparents are wealthy, they have more income than me, they don't need a winter payment, so that's good to not give it to them unecessarily.

Also, someone has to pay for their care, if it comes out of their estate, that's fine by me too.

Got a poor pensioner, little house, £150k, £50k towards their care, they still get to leave £100k to children or whoever.

Got a rich pensioner (not necessarily income) £400k bungalow, needs care for years, £300k goes towards their care, still get to leave £100k for children....so the inheritance becomes level, keeps the housing market fluid as more homes become sold to pay for said care after death too.

Or am I missing something?

Yes, you're missing what this thread is actually about.

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 11:04 - May 19 with 2660 viewsitfcjoe

The Tories are running a terrible campaign and it just doesn't seem to matter. Would love it to bite them on the arris, but it won't.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 11:05 - May 19 with 2656 viewsBergholtBru

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 10:50 - May 19 by Dolly2.0

Yeah, it's not like the Tories do that.

Now you`re doing it as well!!!

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 11:08 - May 19 with 2649 viewsSwansea_Blue

Disagree - the alternative product has been presented. Labour released their manifesto with details and costings. And it got hammered to death on here.

The Tories release theirs, and it's lapped up despite it lacking depth and detailed figures.

People don't want to listen to details of alternative products and they've already been sold a brand based on clever marketing.

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 11:19 - May 19 with 2619 viewsSwansea_Blue

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 11:04 - May 19 by itfcjoe

The Tories are running a terrible campaign and it just doesn't seem to matter. Would love it to bite them on the arris, but it won't.

Correct. They don't need to get involved as they're running so high in the polls.

I think it undermines politics though. A passive, negative, exclusive approach shows what we're likely to get.
Actually, we've already got it so far with May's govt, so there shouldn't be any surprises. We're about to embark on the biggest shake up of our country in many generations and our government won't engage with us or tell us what they want to do. Not good. When politicians can treat the electorate with such contempt, it shows how badly fked the system is.

Corbyn's a d1ck for not turning up at the TV debate last night too. That's a small opportunity to turn the screw and highlight May for what she is, and Labour blew it (again - seems to be a habit with them).

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 11:44 - May 19 with 2589 viewsIllinoisblue

Come on, that's enough about Evans' Five Point Plan.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 11:47 - May 19 with 2573 viewsDolly2.0

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 11:05 - May 19 by BergholtBru

Now you`re doing it as well!!!

Only in response to you.

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 12:04 - May 19 with 2545 viewsBergholtBru

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 11:47 - May 19 by Dolly2.0

Only in response to you.

Take my advice & stick with them Tories mate. Like `em or not they know how to look after the money!!!

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 12:08 - May 19 with 2541 viewsLord_Lucan

No timetable.

Better than promising things that you are unsure you can deliver though.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 12:09 - May 19 with 2538 viewschicoazul

Having read the manifesto headlines from all 3 major English parties they all contain completely unrealistic pledges so your point could apply across the board.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 13:07 - May 19 with 2472 viewsjaykay

what cock ups are you talking about. cant be the poll tax or n.i. cock ups .

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 13:52 - May 19 with 2440 viewsCoastalblue

They've been given free reign to do this. If the opposition had taken a more pragmatic approach and held back a little bit on some of the fantasy style politics then the Tories would have had to start justifying themselves.

I think we probably need the Labour party to crash and burn now so that we are forced to come up with a better system, this one has had it's day and is fecked.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 14:54 - May 19 with 2412 viewschicoazul

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 13:52 - May 19 by Coastalblue

They've been given free reign to do this. If the opposition had taken a more pragmatic approach and held back a little bit on some of the fantasy style politics then the Tories would have had to start justifying themselves.

I think we probably need the Labour party to crash and burn now so that we are forced to come up with a better system, this one has had it's day and is fecked.

Labour getting crushed in the election wont have any effect on how we elect our government. the Government asked us if we wanted to change how that works in 2010 (I think it was) and we said no.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 16:53 - May 19 with 2343 viewsHerbivore

Unrealistic, uncosted manifesto pledges on 12:08 - May 19 by Lord_Lucan

No timetable.

Better than promising things that you are unsure you can deliver though.

Promising things they're unsure they can deliver is exactly what they're doing with this pledge.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024