Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Office Etiquette No.2 10:54 - May 19 with 1271 viewsFenboyBlue

Do you have people in your office wearing scarves, in May, at normal room temperature ?
Office Etiquette No.2 on 10:57 - May 19 with 1258 viewsJimmyJazz

Yes. The wearing of a scarf isn't the issue, it's that this kind of person refuses to allow the air con to be switched on.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Office Etiquette No.2 on 11:03 - May 19 with 1243 viewsartsbossbeard

Office Etiquette No.2 on 10:57 - May 19 by JimmyJazz

Yes. The wearing of a scarf isn't the issue, it's that this kind of person refuses to allow the air con to be switched on.

I don't have this issue as I tend to work from home but the rules tended to be:

Like air-con on = Men
Dislike air-con on = Women

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Office Etiquette No.2 on 11:05 - May 19 with 1228 viewsBluebell

I guess that depends if they are male or female. I can't imagine a man sitting there wearing a scarf.

To be honest the only scarf I have is an Ipswich one and I just wear that to football in the winter.
Office Etiquette No.2 on 11:07 - May 19 with 1221 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I sit opposite a women who insists on the lights being switched off above our desks.. Which was bl00dy marvelous during winter. Apparently she hates 'unnatural light' Personally, I am more worried about being able to see.

She also insists on opening the window as she seems to constantly have hot flushes, the only issue being she sits behind where the draft comes in so gains no benefit from the open window whilst those in the firing line are subject to a howling gale whilst she sits there complaining about the heat.
Office Etiquette No.2 on 11:12 - May 19 with 1194 viewsSwansea_Blue

Office Etiquette No.2 on 11:07 - May 19 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I sit opposite a women who insists on the lights being switched off above our desks.. Which was bl00dy marvelous during winter. Apparently she hates 'unnatural light' Personally, I am more worried about being able to see.

She also insists on opening the window as she seems to constantly have hot flushes, the only issue being she sits behind where the draft comes in so gains no benefit from the open window whilst those in the firing line are subject to a howling gale whilst she sits there complaining about the heat.

Move her next to the window, so she gets the natural light and benefit of the fresh air.

Next?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Office Etiquette No.2 on 11:14 - May 19 with 1180 viewsSteve_M

Yes, although like most offices there is a classic male/female split regarding the preferred temperature and those in scarves (except one person) are female.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Office Etiquette No.2 on 11:15 - May 19 with 1167 viewsVaughan8

No. People in my.office just have the heating on full blast unless it's above 25C.

They will only open a window if it's over 32C haha
Office Etiquette No.2 on 11:15 - May 19 with 1158 viewshomer_123

Is it a half and half scarf?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Office Etiquette No.2 on 11:44 - May 19 with 1108 viewsFenboyBlue

Don't get me started on people complaining about sitting in a draft. I work with a woman who could find a draft in space. If only I could get her sent up there to find out.
Office Etiquette No.2 on 11:46 - May 19 with 1093 viewshomer_123

Office Etiquette No.2 on 11:44 - May 19 by FenboyBlue

Don't get me started on people complaining about sitting in a draft. I work with a woman who could find a draft in space. If only I could get her sent up there to find out.

solar wind?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Office Etiquette No.2 on 11:50 - May 19 with 1073 viewsFenboyBlue

Office Etiquette No.2 on 11:46 - May 19 by homer_123

solar wind?

She's got all kinds of wind. Both ends.
Office Etiquette No.2 on 11:59 - May 19 with 1048 viewsJimmyJazz

Office Etiquette No.2 on 11:50 - May 19 by FenboyBlue

She's got all kinds of wind. Both ends.

Office Etiquette part 4 possibly?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024