Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... 22:05 - May 19 with 4371 viewsbluesym

Hmmm.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 22:10 - May 19 with 4330 viewsElderGrizzly

Wasn't this reported last week? He doesn't get to reject it if we have taken the option though.

He might reject the longer contract though that was on offer
Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 22:12 - May 19 with 4302 viewsbluesym

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 22:10 - May 19 by ElderGrizzly

Wasn't this reported last week? He doesn't get to reject it if we have taken the option though.

I dont know.Disapointing if he has though.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 22:20 - May 19 with 4246 viewsArnieM

please himself. He can chase the big bucks like they all do and get splinters in his arse - if he's lucky.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 22:21 - May 19 with 4223 viewscolchesterchris

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 22:10 - May 19 by ElderGrizzly

I thought Phil had implied it wasn't as simple as us just taking up the option, in which case this is really disappointing!

Poll: Hypothetically, we have £1M for January. What would you rather?

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 22:22 - May 19 with 4208 viewsbournemouthblue

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 22:25 - May 19 with 4179 viewsElderGrizzly

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 22:21 - May 19 by colchesterchris

I thought Phil had implied it wasn't as simple as us just taking up the option, in which case this is really disappointing!

Thought he said option was in our favour, but beyond that it was up for grabs?

Anyway, can't blame him if he feels he has a better future elsewhere right now
Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 22:27 - May 19 with 4154 viewsFtnfwest

Seriously, why on Earth would he want to stay at Ipswich?
Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 22:30 - May 19 with 4120 viewsDublinBlue84

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 22:27 - May 19 by Ftnfwest

If he is such a good prospect why has this club allowed us to get to within a few weeks of the end of his contract if the one year option on it is not so straight-forward to trigger and risk losing him?

What's the point in bothering with an academy when we invest in the facilities and player development if we let such a prospect leave for a small sum because we left it too late to offer a longer deal.

This should have been sorted out way before it got to this stage.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Login to get fewer ads

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 22:32 - May 19 with 4120 viewsPhilTWTD

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 22:21 - May 19 by colchesterchris

Yes, not quite as simple as Town just putting it in writing but not quite sure of the details. Think there's a public negotiation going on, basically.
Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 22:34 - May 19 with 4103 viewsPhilTWTD

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 22:30 - May 19 by DublinBlue84

If he is such a good prospect why has this club allowed us to get to within a few weeks of the end of his contract if the one year option on it is not so straight-forward to trigger and risk losing him?

What's the point in bothering with an academy when we invest in the facilities and player development if we let such a prospect leave for a small sum because we left it too late to offer a longer deal.

This should have been sorted out way before it got to this stage.

But for his spell at Aldershot he would probably have been allowed to leave on a free. Talks have been ongoing for a couple of months.
Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 22:42 - May 19 with 4015 viewsnbsiyag

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 22:34 - May 19 by PhilTWTD

But for his spell at Aldershot he would probably have been allowed to leave on a free. Talks have been ongoing for a couple of months.

His spell at Aldershot certainly has given him some leverage. His people have however advised him that his best long term interests are not best served here. As Russell Osman has stated, young talent development does not happen under MM's regime.
[Post edited 19 May 2017 22:43]
Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 23:12 - May 19 with 3863 viewsCoco

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 22:34 - May 19 by PhilTWTD

Said before he and other youth products openly despise Micks style of football and ipswich is no longer seen as a place to develop.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 23:21 - May 19 with 3814 viewsitfcjoe

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 23:12 - May 19 by Coco

Said before he and other youth products openly despise Micks style of football and ipswich is no longer seen as a place to develop.

Amazing that one of the best prospects in the country just signed a new 3 year deal here then isn't it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 23:22 - May 19 with 3807 viewsPlums

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 23:12 - May 19 by Coco

I went on an FA 'Future Player' course this week. McCarthy's football is so far removed from the desired direction of travel, it's almost a different sport.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 23:22 - May 19 with 3800 viewsKieran_Knows

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 23:21 - May 19 by itfcjoe

Amazing that one of the best prospects in the country just signed a new 3 year deal here then isn't it

Don't bring facts on to this forum please, Joe.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 00:23 - May 20 with 3589 viewsCurrie10

In my opinion he's frankly welcome to do what he'd like and I'm not remotely desperate for him to stay. Already had to apologise to Mick for having a terrible attitude which has pushed him back a year of development.

Tearing it up for a conference side doesn't mean he's the real deal or necessarily ready for a championship campaign in my opinion.

If he thinks he can do better elsewhere ie Lavery, another prospect with a bad attitude then life goes on.
Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 06:28 - May 20 with 3383 viewsitfcjoe

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 00:23 - May 20 by Currie10

In my opinion he's frankly welcome to do what he'd like and I'm not remotely desperate for him to stay. Already had to apologise to Mick for having a terrible attitude which has pushed him back a year of development.

Tearing it up for a conference side doesn't mean he's the real deal or necessarily ready for a championship campaign in my opinion.

If he thinks he can do better elsewhere ie Lavery, another prospect with a bad attitude then life goes on.

His and Lavery's cases were totally different

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 08:11 - May 20 with 3155 viewsTractorWood

I imagine he sees playing in the championship under MM or trying to break into the scene for an average Prem team as comparable challenges. Or of course he wants as much cash as possible.

Ridiculous game when we haven't even really seen the lad play for a decent run of games.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:24 - May 20 with 3109 viewsCoco

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 08:25 - May 20 with 3107 viewsMullet

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 08:11 - May 20 by TractorWood

I imagine he sees playing in the championship under MM or trying to break into the scene for an average Prem team as comparable challenges. Or of course he wants as much cash as possible.

Ridiculous game when we haven't even really seen the lad play for a decent run of games.

I suspect it's cash, however I wonder if we've chucked in so many clauses his agent might want more freedom too.

You'd think that a deal which increases in stages and puts his wages up in line with his value vs performances, goals, etc. would be ideal.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 08:30 - May 20 with 3077 viewsCoco

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 23:21 - May 19 by itfcjoe

Thank god for his dad.

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 13:20 - May 20 with 2764 viewschristiand

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 22:27 - May 19 by Ftnfwest

So true Ftnfwest. Some on here might not like it, but MM has said this before if he has the choice between an experienced player and a young player learning his trade he'd opt for the experience every time. I'm not convinced how the club is currently why he'd want to stay, what attractions has the club got? I can't think of many.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 13:35 - May 20 with 2725 viewsPJH

Sky Sports reporting that Benyu has rejected the contract offer..... on 08:30 - May 20 by Coco

Thank god for his dad.

I am sure that if JD thought his son had a better immediate footballing future somewhere other than at ITFC he would have advised Andre not to sign a contract with us, don't you think?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024