Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Silence is Deafening Mr Evans 06:24 - May 20 with 14902 viewsskankerman

I very rarely post, I have never lived in Ipswich or in fact Suffolk, I have been passionate about the blues for over 40 years, my dad would stand me in the Churchman's end in the late 70's early 80's, fondly remembering us beating Man U 6-0 , as I got older and mobile spent many years in the North stand and followed the team away, always proud to say I support Ipswich.

It saddens me that we are on a downward spiral, it saddens me that for the first time in 40 years the passion is going, it saddens me that my 6 year old son wants to go to Portman Rd and unlike my dad I am reluctant to do so, because a half empty stadium poor entertainment will result in his bubble being burst.

I know I am not alone in this, as a leader of people in my profession I find it equally poor that the lack of communication and direction from our owner is poor management, I also get hacked off with many areas of the media that seem scared of asking direct questions as to what the hell is going on with our club, we are being taken for mugs, how can you run a public business where the public are your number 1 customer and treat them as muppets.

Our club resembles an untouched garden just enough weeding done so it doesn't overgrow, just enough investment so it doesn't become an eye sore.

I would rather Mr Evans publically came out himself and not hiding from others and was honest with us, how can you run a club where the manager is so divided, the results and entertainment so poor and not give any leadership direction and as a leader make the required changes we all know need to happen.

Mr Evans you may have against your name 750million , but for that money you haven't got any of the memories and passion of ITFC under Sir Bobby and more recently George Burley, you had a great opportunity to equally become a legend in the eyes of the fans by packing Portman Road out and getting the club promoted, but you have failed.

All leaders of worthy come out fighting in times of trouble, your lack of leadership stands out a mile
Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 06:33 - May 20 with 6769 viewsBenters

Add also the worst finish for 58 years (see the East Anglian Daily Times) this morn please nay sayers,you have the full deck .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 08:53 - May 20 with 6541 viewswitchdoctor

I think that when he arrived he chose , for whatever reason to be anonymous as such...well that's all well and good when things are going swimmingly....surely now he must realise the time has come for him to step out of the shadows and tackle the issues head on publicly and show a bit of leadership..or Is he the invisible man in every sector of his business empire?
Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 09:06 - May 20 with 6504 viewsjas0999

You should post more often. But then you have talked some sense ...
Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 09:11 - May 20 with 6480 viewsMullet

The problem is, ME isn't leading "us" we don't work for him. We have no idea if he's been communicating with his staff, with just Milne or MM etc. or if he's just had enough and is signing the cheques to keep the lights on and not much else.

It makes it very hard to critically assess what they are(n't) doing until we go in August. Part of me likes the idea that we're not getting some tokenistic spiel committing to spending X amount or finishing in certain places just yet.

I'd like us to quietly go about our business, it gives us a much better chance of being overlooked by teams again. That seems to be a key factor in many of our successes. I heard some very good things from a friend of Danny Rowe's this week, those that are staying sound very happy and committed to putting this season right.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 09:16 - May 20 with 6455 viewsDubtractor

Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 09:11 - May 20 by Mullet

The problem is, ME isn't leading "us" we don't work for him. We have no idea if he's been communicating with his staff, with just Milne or MM etc. or if he's just had enough and is signing the cheques to keep the lights on and not much else.

It makes it very hard to critically assess what they are(n't) doing until we go in August. Part of me likes the idea that we're not getting some tokenistic spiel committing to spending X amount or finishing in certain places just yet.

I'd like us to quietly go about our business, it gives us a much better chance of being overlooked by teams again. That seems to be a key factor in many of our successes. I heard some very good things from a friend of Danny Rowe's this week, those that are staying sound very happy and committed to putting this season right.

Agree with you for the most part, and generally prefer that ME is pretty quiet.

However, after a season of such disappointment and disharmony, followed by poor season ticket sales, the lack of any kind of rallying cry is a bit disappointing - to say the least.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 09:28 - May 20 with 6427 viewsThePitBoss

Having spoken to someone who works at PR, Evans is not leading them either. The communication is one way... Its his way or the highway.

The staff expressed their concerns when the ticket pricing was discussed. Evans didn't care what they thought, and didn't even show his face to discuss with them.

Sorry to disappoint you.
Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 09:37 - May 20 with 6383 viewsmickeyjb

Great post, echo your sentiment totally. I'm from the same era as you. I will not go to Ipswich again until there is drastic changes, that does include MM leaving. He is not the modern era, he's not even recent. Like you I have absolutely no idea how bad things must become before action is taken.

This season promises to be the worse yet. Nothing has changed, not even the friendlys. We need to stop going. Banners, booing, that hasn't worked. Even a half empty ground isn't working. If we want change, then sub 10k attendances (real sub 10k and not when they add the season tickets on to the list)

I will never stop supporting Ipswich but at this moment I have stopped caring, which hurts a lot.
Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 09:59 - May 20 with 6343 viewsWestcountryblue

The club suffer from a distinct lack of strategy, both on and off the pitch.

Off the pitch, the club are completely out of touch with the supporters and football in general. In recent years, there has been a slow but certain shift towards making football accessible to more people. It started in the Bundesliga and over the last couple of years, clubs in the Football League have started to freeze or reduce the price of season tickets and introduce innovative sales promotions. For a club with such disenchanted fans, raising the price of season tickets was commercial suicide for Marcus Evans.

On the pitch, we have a fantastic academy that is producing good players under the guidance of Brian Klug. We play a good brand of football in the ressies and youth teams, but like Russel Osman was saying, this does not translate with how our first team plays. In the past, players (who were not realistically good enough for the Championship..Richards, Haynes, Westlake etc..) were able to seamlessly fit into our first team, as we had a clear vision and identity which was to play the ''Ipswich Way'' (the quick, fast paced passing football typified by the Robson, Burley, Royle and Magilton eras).

The only way this club can move forward is to RADICALLY rethink it's commercial strategy, as demand for watching ITFC is not what is once was 10-12 years ago when we were regularly getting crowds of 25k plus. We also need to invest in young talented players like Webster and have a unified way of playing throughout the club to ensure that the likes of BIshop, Nydam, Benyu, Kenlock, Emmanuel, Downes can fit in seamlessly into the first team.
[Post edited 20 May 2017 10:05]
Login to get fewer ads

Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 10:09 - May 20 with 6309 viewsScuzzer

Very ell put Skankerman. I particularly like the gardening analogy...its more pertinent than you know...I have spent the last season watching two bushes grow out from underneath the front of Churchmans...left unattended. I have spent the last couple of seasons watch the stains on top of the North Stand 'stainless steel' roof get darker and larger. Says it all really. And it has been more entertaining watching the grass not growing on the artificial turf on the former training pitch. It's like a canker that is rife in our club, sorry Evans' club, that needs rooting out and restoring to health. Sad, so sad.

Established 1968

Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 10:34 - May 20 with 6251 viewsMullet

Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 09:16 - May 20 by Dubtractor

Agree with you for the most part, and generally prefer that ME is pretty quiet.

However, after a season of such disappointment and disharmony, followed by poor season ticket sales, the lack of any kind of rallying cry is a bit disappointing - to say the least.

But what good does it do? Every little thing is being wept over at the minute, the reaction to the pre-season friendlies is laughably pathetic.

Every player we're linked to spun by the same few dullards and children as some sort of sign of doom. I don't think there's anything he could say that would go down well right now.

Has to be about actions now and that comes with signings and how we start next season.

Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 10:39 - May 20 with 6221 viewsThePitBoss

Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 10:34 - May 20 by Mullet

But what good does it do? Every little thing is being wept over at the minute, the reaction to the pre-season friendlies is laughably pathetic.

Every player we're linked to spun by the same few dullards and children as some sort of sign of doom. I don't think there's anything he could say that would go down well right now.

Has to be about actions now and that comes with signings and how we start next season.

Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 10:41 - May 20 with 6209 viewsJ2BLUE

Although pre season friendlies aren't something i'm concerned about I do see the point of people who are arguing that we should be mixing it up a bit. There wouldn't be anything wrong with seeking tougher tests in pre season to try and hit the ground running. I know it's all about fitness but I do wonder how much we get out of games against the likes of Cambridge.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 10:48 - May 20 with 6181 viewsMullet

Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 10:41 - May 20 by J2BLUE

Although pre season friendlies aren't something i'm concerned about I do see the point of people who are arguing that we should be mixing it up a bit. There wouldn't be anything wrong with seeking tougher tests in pre season to try and hit the ground running. I know it's all about fitness but I do wonder how much we get out of games against the likes of Cambridge.

Possibly, but how important is it really? Given the scale of the problems we have right now and the only measure of the results being hindsight when they do/don't confirm predictions and prejudices about the season.

Plus if we get in a load of top sides at great expense who is going to pay to see them? We're constantly told people are staying away for one reason or another does a Prem team second string reverse it all?

I'm far more concerned that ME's silence means ambivalence or maybe even panic. Him putting something out there only to give the dog's of negativity another bone to maul all summer seems a likely way to only increase the ill feeling over the summer and go into next season on a downward trajectory. That's clearly part of what happened at clubs like Blackpool, Coventry etc.

Whatever happens it's going to take until the end of this calendar year for much of the gloom to lift, assuming we have a good start to the season at all.

Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 10:50 - May 20 with 6166 viewsElderGrizzly

Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 10:41 - May 20 by J2BLUE

You're not concerned about league games, let alone pre-season ;)
Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 11:03 - May 20 with 6128 viewsNorthern_Blue81

I think the issue with the pre season it is just the same routine over and over again.

Supporters want change and those changes mean every aspect of the club currently, even the friendly fixtures. and pre season...
[Post edited 20 May 2017 11:04]
Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 11:17 - May 20 with 6083 viewsThePitBoss

Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 11:03 - May 20 by Northern_Blue81

I think the issue with the pre season it is just the same routine over and over again.

Supporters want change and those changes mean every aspect of the club currently, even the friendly fixtures. and pre season...
[Post edited 20 May 2017 11:04]

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 11:21 - May 20 with 6067 viewsHerbivore

People flouncing about pre-season fixtures is actually laughable.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 11:30 - May 20 with 6043 viewsGuthrum

What good would it do?

People who are angry will continue to be angry, especially if there are no promises of investment. Look at how the Five (or however many) Point Plan from earlier in the season was received.

You're not actually after a rallying call, what you're really asking is for Evans to say he's going to do what you want, that he's suddenly going to start spending money again. Which is a different thing altogether.

And I doubt many would believe him, unless and until the quality players start coming in.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 11:34 - May 20 with 6032 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 11:21 - May 20 by Herbivore

People flouncing about pre-season fixtures is actually laughable.

As an experienced poster on this forum you know fine well that your fellow supporters concerns are not solely about pre season / friendlies but the overall problems the club is facing.
Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 11:48 - May 20 with 5997 viewsKeaneish

You hit the nail on the head for me and i'm sure many others on here share this sentiment. There's such a thing as customer service which extends beyond picking up the phone and emailing. Its completely out of kilter with every common sense approach to running a business to ignore or disregard your customer base.

Evans silence other than the odd end of season statement, Milne's bewildering and continually false statements and MM's blinkered self-righteous opinion of himself and his ability are staggering. The them and us divide grows larger the longer these three act in this manner and it makes for poor relationships and even poorer commercial enterprise.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 11:53 - May 20 with 5979 viewsjaykay

when you say there's a better chance of teams overlooking us.i hope you don't mean that they are looking down on us from a higher league position

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 12:01 - May 20 with 5963 viewsBluebell

Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 09:28 - May 20 by ThePitBoss

Having spoken to someone who works at PR, Evans is not leading them either. The communication is one way... Its his way or the highway.

The staff expressed their concerns when the ticket pricing was discussed. Evans didn't care what they thought, and didn't even show his face to discuss with them.

Sorry to disappoint you.

"The staff expressed their concerns when the ticket pricing was discussed".

Why should he discuss it with 'the staff' though. He pays them to work for him not to tell him what he should be doing. He also pays Milne and McCarthy. Perhaps they are the ones who should be telling him he has made big mistakes. They probably think it is better keep schtum and carry on.

Great OP and a lot of very good points made.
Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 12:10 - May 20 with 5939 viewsThePitBoss

Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 12:01 - May 20 by Bluebell

"The staff expressed their concerns when the ticket pricing was discussed".

Why should he discuss it with 'the staff' though. He pays them to work for him not to tell him what he should be doing. He also pays Milne and McCarthy. Perhaps they are the ones who should be telling him he has made big mistakes. They probably think it is better keep schtum and carry on.

Great OP and a lot of very good points made.

Good leaders tend to listen. It was also the way he dismissed them that has caused a fair bit of discontent.

Are you saying the staff were wrong for speaking up then?
Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 12:13 - May 20 with 5923 viewsBluebell

Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 12:10 - May 20 by ThePitBoss

Good leaders tend to listen. It was also the way he dismissed them that has caused a fair bit of discontent.

Are you saying the staff were wrong for speaking up then?

I suppose it depends who they spoke to.

Obviously not Marcus Evans.
Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 12:16 - May 20 with 5899 viewsThePitBoss

Silence is Deafening Mr Evans on 12:13 - May 20 by Bluebell

I suppose it depends who they spoke to.

Obviously not Marcus Evans.

Evans was made aware of their feelings.

They have been proved 100% correct.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024