Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last games of the season you remember 21:41 - May 21 with 1598 viewsMelford

1989/90 away to West Brom, remember we were 3-0 up and doing the conga. Went on the Galloway bus and when we stopped on the way back they put a "Drunken Duncan Out" banner on the motorway bridge and stayed up there until the team bus had passed underneath it.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Last games of the season you remember on 21:48 - May 21 with 1576 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

3-1 win at home to Brum a few seasons back

My first league game at Portman road I think

Edwards scored a banger. We sat right in front of the Brum fans who were brilliant

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Last games of the season you remember on 21:56 - May 21 with 1558 viewsWestSussexBlue

Went to quite a few late Eighties as a Teenager, always seemed to be Blackburn or West Brom if I remember. Always my favourites though were around 97 -99, Walsall, Crewe etc , We were chasing automatic or play offs and relying on other scores. The warm spring sun, the cranked up atmosphere and some great football from Town, and of course the whispers of scores correct or complete bull from others.Good times.
Last games of the season you remember on 22:02 - May 21 with 1542 viewstextbackup

5-1 to Wimbledon...

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Last games of the season you remember on 22:08 - May 21 with 1526 viewsPJH

Does beating Aston Villa 2-0 to win the League in 1962 count?
Last games of the season you remember on 22:37 - May 21 with 1492 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Last games of the season you remember on 22:08 - May 21 by PJH

Does beating Aston Villa 2-0 to win the League in 1962 count?

Yes.

Unless you're 12th man.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Last games of the season you remember on 22:38 - May 21 with 1491 viewsParisBlue

Last games of the season you remember on 22:02 - May 21 by textbackup

5-1 to Wimbledon...

Except we played derby the following week.

Plymouth away in 2006. Totally forgettable, other than realising just how far Plymouth actually is!

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Last games of the season you remember on 22:44 - May 21 with 1478 viewsBLUEBEAT

Most memorable last game of the season for me was when Mark Stein scored a late goal for Chelsea which kept us in the Premiership!

Poll: W or W

Last games of the season you remember on 22:49 - May 21 with 1466 viewsimsureazzure

Town v Derby 76ish? lost 2-6 Town it was anecdotally stated that Town players were pissed, Hunter had a mare, did grip Franny Lee though.
Login to get fewer ads

Last games of the season you remember on 23:33 - May 21 with 1421 viewsgainsboroughblue

I was preoccupied by a Baggies fan staring at us intently and menacingly holding a rock during the first quarter of an hour at that 3-1 game, before police carted him away.

Brighton away the next season, when they clinched a play off place with the last kick of the game and invaded the pitch in front of us. Several coins made their way on to the pitch from our section, and bizarrely a police helmet. I watched a coin land squarely on the head of one Brighton fan. Shot sir!

Brighton at home the next season obviously. Then Cloughies last game v Forest at the end of the first prem season.

Oh, and Brighton again a few years before all that. Mich D'Avray with the winner which we thought had put us in the play offs for a while, as someone in the away end said Swindon were losing at home to Stoke. They weren't.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024