Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That dementia tax didn't last long 11:26 - May 22 with 6326 viewsBOjK

And these are the geniuses that are going to be negotiating Brexit for us.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

That dementia tax didn't last long on 11:27 - May 22 with 3185 viewsSteve_M

STRONG AND STABLE!

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

That dementia tax didn't last long on 11:31 - May 22 with 3162 viewsGeoffSentence

I see George Osborne is getting his revenge in 'U-turn coming'

May has form for this. A few tough headlines and she dropped the NIC increase. Now this.

The lady is for turning.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

That dementia tax didn't last long on 11:32 - May 22 with 3159 viewsbluewein

Maybe they just forgot about it...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

That dementia tax didn't last long on 11:33 - May 22 with 3148 viewsBOjK

That dementia tax didn't last long on 11:31 - May 22 by GeoffSentence

May has form for this. A few tough headlines and she dropped the NIC increase. Now this.

The lady is for turning.

Theresa Maybe.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

That dementia tax didn't last long on 11:42 - May 22 with 3094 viewshomer_123

Are you still 100% sure the Tories are going to win this?

They are having a very good stab at fecking it up.....

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

That dementia tax didn't last long on 11:46 - May 22 with 3074 viewsBOjK

That dementia tax didn't last long on 11:42 - May 22 by homer_123

Are you still 100% sure the Tories are going to win this?

They are having a very good stab at fecking it up.....

Yes. Corbyn's manifest weaknesses will ensure this is the case.

Although the Tories are having a (comically) atrocious campaign.

That dementia tax didn't last long on 11:48 - May 22 with 3058 viewsGlasgowBlue

I didn't agree with the policy ion the first place but if she does climb down over a manifesto commitment during a general election campaign it will be an utter embarrassment.

I don't like May but I had at least given her credit for sacrificing a landslide by actually addressing the problem with social care. And now she's backed down.

If May was sitting in Mick's dugout I would be singing "you don't know what you're doing".

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

That dementia tax didn't last long on 11:49 - May 22 with 3046 viewsGlasgowBlue

That dementia tax didn't last long on 11:31 - May 22 by GeoffSentence

The lady is for turning.

She's no Maggie Thatcher. That's for sure.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

That dementia tax didn't last long on 11:53 - May 22 with 3033 viewsmonytowbray

That dementia tax didn't last long on 11:48 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

I didn't agree with the policy ion the first place but if she does climb down over a manifesto commitment during a general election campaign it will be an utter embarrassment.

I don't like May but I had at least given her credit for sacrificing a landslide by actually addressing the problem with social care. And now she's backed down.

If May was sitting in Mick's dugout I would be singing "you don't know what you're doing".

I'm sure that's not the sole reason for losing a land slide victory.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

That dementia tax didn't last long on 11:53 - May 22 with 3035 viewsBOjK

I agree. Backing down on budget proposals is a relatively recent phenomenon, but backing down on *manifesto* commitments is entirely unheard of.

It has obviously come about because of May's desire to keep policy development within her closest team. If this had been discussed within a wider circle I'm sure wiser heads would have pointed out the policies manifest flaws.
[Post edited 22 May 2017 11:54]

That dementia tax didn't last long on 11:54 - May 22 with 3014 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Did our very own Ben Gummer write the manifesto ?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

That dementia tax didn't last long on 11:59 - May 22 with 2986 viewsGlasgowBlue

That dementia tax didn't last long on 11:53 - May 22 by monytowbray

I'm sure that's not the sole reason for losing a land slide victory.

The polls didn't shift in Labour's favour after the launch of their election manifesto. They started to shift after the publication of the Tory manifesto.

If the polls stay as they are we will only have a majority of about 70. Is that how low Labour have sunk that you consider a 9 point deficit in the polls to be good?

Iron Lion Zion

That dementia tax didn't last long on 12:04 - May 22 with 2945 viewschicoazul

I agree they are morons but didnt it *always* say it would be based on a consultation first?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

That dementia tax didn't last long on 12:04 - May 22 with 2939 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

She says that she ".....is very clear "......mmmm!

Edit.....Somewhat flustered at the moment !
[Post edited 22 May 2017 12:07]

That dementia tax didn't last long on 12:06 - May 22 with 2930 viewsgiant_stow

Clowns to the left or me, jokers to the right....

Can we have Tone and Gordo back please? pretty please....?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

That dementia tax didn't last long on 12:11 - May 22 with 2888 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

That dementia tax didn't last long on 12:13 - May 22 with 2879 viewsSomethingBlue

They will, very sadly, win (I'd start to have my doubts were the election a few weeks later) but they are an atrocious, mendacious shambles who should not be representing any of us.
[Post edited 22 May 2017 12:14]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

That dementia tax didn't last long on 12:14 - May 22 with 2863 viewsGlasgowBlue

That dementia tax didn't last long on 12:06 - May 22 by giant_stow

Clowns to the left or me, jokers to the right....

Can we have Tone and Gordo back please? pretty please....?

Good old Call me Dave would have seen a twenty point lead and put a manifesto commitment to review social care sometime in the next Parliament.

She either felt she was confident enough to announce the proposal knowing that she'd lose a bit in the polls or she had underestimated the backlash.

Iron Lion Zion

That dementia tax didn't last long on 12:14 - May 22 with 2869 viewsSteve_M

That dementia tax didn't last long on 11:53 - May 22 by BOjK

I agree. Backing down on budget proposals is a relatively recent phenomenon, but backing down on *manifesto* commitments is entirely unheard of.

It has obviously come about because of May's desire to keep policy development within her closest team. If this had been discussed within a wider circle I'm sure wiser heads would have pointed out the policies manifest flaws.
[Post edited 22 May 2017 11:54]

It has been obvious since last Summer that May is a control freak who hates any sort of opposition; that she's coming across this badly in an election of her choosing highlights just how abysmal the opposition from Corbyn et al has been.

She wouldn't have dared go to the country now against Ed Milliband.

That dementia tax didn't last long on 12:18 - May 22 with 2826 viewsGlasgowBlue

That dementia tax didn't last long on 11:27 - May 22 by Steve_M

STRONG AND STABLE!

Weak and Wobbly*

*Courtesy of Guido.

Iron Lion Zion

That dementia tax didn't last long on 12:22 - May 22 with 2807 viewsitfcjoe

Theresa May is an absolute shambles as PM, totally and utterly clueless and she must be getting dizzy from the amount of U-Turns she is doing.

Just can't take any pressure about anything, get her out.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

That dementia tax didn't last long on 12:23 - May 22 with 2801 viewsSteve_M

That dementia tax didn't last long on 12:18 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

Weak and Wobbly*

*Courtesy of Guido.

I see she's gone all Trump wittering on about "fake claims" every five minutes.

That dementia tax didn't last long on 12:31 - May 22 with 2774 viewslowhouseblue

it's a total shambles.

but actually, a limit on the total that you will pay, plus nothing to pay if your assets are less than £100,000, plus nothing to pay until you're dead is not a bad policy.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

That dementia tax didn't last long on 12:34 - May 22 with 2755 viewsHARRY10

That dementia tax didn't last long on 11:59 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

The polls didn't shift in Labour's favour after the launch of their election manifesto. They started to shift after the publication of the Tory manifesto.

If the polls stay as they are we will only have a majority of about 70. Is that how low Labour have sunk that you consider a 9 point deficit in the polls to be good?

"The polls didn't shift in Labour's favour after the launch of their election manifesto. They started to shift after the publication of the Tory manifesto."

or you cave have this one

"He has been hovering around the 28-31% mark for a few weeks but he's just launched a popularist manifesto and I would imagine internal polling is showing him around the 32-34% mark "

Glasgow Blue... the man who makes Teresa May look strong and stable. and unchangable
[Post edited 22 May 2017 12:48]
That dementia tax didn't last long on 12:37 - May 22 with 2743 viewsvapour_trail

Her claim to be the person to lead us into the most complex set of negotiations in our history, is looking rather weak.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024