Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2-3 nights with no kids - where to go?? 13:57 - May 23 with 2859 viewsDamster

Any ideas where to visit in U.K. For 2-3 nights. Was looking at European break but seems a lot of hassle for short time. Something relaxing in Uk will be fine... few bars... bit of shopping and some walks will be fine. Happy to chill out at hotel or log cabin etc for something different. Anywhere on doorstep or further afield would be considered. Help!!!
2-3 nights with no kids - where to go?? on 14:09 - May 23 with 2826 viewsSarge

Maybe Bristol and/or Bath?
2-3 nights with no kids - where to go?? on 14:12 - May 23 with 2816 viewsgiant_stow

Peak district? Very pretty, lots of walks - nice towns.

Kent? loaded up to the gills with history - doesn't feel like a London dormitory once you're there?

Bath / somerset - just bludy lovely.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

2-3 nights with no kids - where to go?? on 14:15 - May 23 with 2802 viewsGromheort

Belfast. Shopping sorted, countryside sorted
2-3 nights with no kids - where to go?? on 14:30 - May 23 with 2770 viewsfactual_blue

Great Bentley.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

2-3 nights with no kids - where to go?? on 14:37 - May 23 with 2747 viewsjontysnut

2-3 nights with no kids - where to go?? on 14:09 - May 23 by Sarge

Maybe Bristol and/or Bath?

and Swansea/Gower
2-3 nights with no kids - where to go?? on 14:39 - May 23 with 2748 viewsWD19

Few options here in cabins and hot tubs are your thing....

https://www.forestholidays.co.uk/
2-3 nights with no kids - where to go?? on 14:39 - May 23 with 2744 viewsitfcjoe

I just went to the Yorkshire Dales for a few nights, plenty of nice walks and an hour away from York which ticks the boxes re bars and shopping.

Maybe stay in York and head up to the Dales for a day for a walk?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

2-3 nights with no kids - where to go?? on 14:59 - May 23 with 2701 viewscatch74

I think airbnb have recently done a feature on quirky/ different places to stay in the U.K.
I'd say go west - Devon or Cornwall or Wales but you might be quicker getting somewhere in Europe!

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Login to get fewer ads

2-3 nights with no kids - where to go?? on 15:01 - May 23 with 2694 viewsblueconscience

2-3 nights with no kids - where to go?? on 14:15 - May 23 by Gromheort

Belfast. Shopping sorted, countryside sorted

Good shout, you can visit Titanic Museum, Giants Causeway, Carrick a rede rope bridge, Bushmills Distillery, some Game of Thrones filming locations (if you like the series), and enjoy the antrim coastal route.

Giants Causeway

https://discovernorthernireland.com/contentassets/5251629a917c4f67b456e91a85d17f

Carrick a rede Rope Bridge

http://www.placestoseeinyourlifetime.com/carrick-a-rede-a-rope-bridge-on-a-drama

Antrim Coast road
http://www.losapos.com/antrim_coast_road
[Post edited 23 May 2017 15:07]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

2-3 nights with no kids - where to go?? on 15:26 - May 23 with 2652 viewshoppy

2-3 nights with no kids - where to go?? on 14:59 - May 23 by catch74

I think airbnb have recently done a feature on quirky/ different places to stay in the U.K.
I'd say go west - Devon or Cornwall or Wales but you might be quicker getting somewhere in Europe!

Or he could head down Surrey way... and there's an award winning pub that would be a fine place to visit... so I'm told, anyway...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

2-3 nights with no kids - where to go?? on 15:31 - May 23 with 2641 viewsBLUEBEAT

Belfast really is great. Perfect for a weekender. Recommend it to anyone who hasn't been before.

Also recommend Antwerp. From airport to city centre in 30 mins. Loads to do/see and good vibes all round.
[Post edited 23 May 2017 15:33]

Poll: W or W

2-3 nights with no kids - where to go?? on 15:36 - May 23 with 2625 viewsElderGrizzly

I know you said overseas was too much hassle, but BA have got some fantastic deals on now for flight+hotel packages and places like Copenhagen are fabulous this time of year and less than 2 hours away.

You can get a 4 star hotel for 3 nights with flight for less than £300 all in at the moment
2-3 nights with no kids - where to go?? on 15:50 - May 23 with 2593 viewsGeoffSentence

Legoland

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

2-3 nights with no kids - where to go?? on 15:57 - May 23 with 2579 viewscatch74

2-3 nights with no kids - where to go?? on 15:26 - May 23 by hoppy

Or he could head down Surrey way... and there's an award winning pub that would be a fine place to visit... so I'm told, anyway...

There is that - some nice wooden chalet things in Tilford nearby too!

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

2-3 nights with no kids - where to go?? on 16:32 - May 23 with 2534 viewsBluebell

"Anywhere on doorstep or further afield would be considered."

You would be welcome to come and stay on my doorstep if you like. I don't think it would be very comfortable though.
2-3 nights with no kids - where to go?? on 16:47 - May 23 with 2511 viewshoppy

2-3 nights with no kids - where to go?? on 16:32 - May 23 by Bluebell

"Anywhere on doorstep or further afield would be considered."

You would be welcome to come and stay on my doorstep if you like. I don't think it would be very comfortable though.

Have you not got a field that's further?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

2-3 nights with no kids - where to go?? on 18:04 - May 23 with 2461 viewsLord_Lucan

2-3 nights with no kids - where to go?? on 15:31 - May 23 by BLUEBEAT

Belfast really is great. Perfect for a weekender. Recommend it to anyone who hasn't been before.

Also recommend Antwerp. From airport to city centre in 30 mins. Loads to do/see and good vibes all round.
[Post edited 23 May 2017 15:33]

Another thumbs up for Belfast. Giants Causeway is magnificent. Stay at The Europa hotel in Belfast, it's very nice with loads of history and a great pub opposite. You will need a car.

That said, you are back to flying again and if you are going to fly my favourite place is Jerez and El Perto De Santa Maria.

Otherwise Brighton.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

2-3 nights with no kids - where to go?? on 18:07 - May 23 with 2456 viewsBenters

Not Romford by the sound of it .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

2-3 nights with no kids - where to go?? on 19:29 - May 23 with 2396 viewsBluefish

Liverpool

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

2-3 nights with no kids - where to go?? on 20:19 - May 23 with 2366 viewshampstead_blue

Snowdonia.

With awesome weather there is no better place.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024