Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' 12:20 - May 26 with 4932 viewsSwansea_Blue

apparently.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40057215

Personally, I'd call it child abuse and have these people up in front of a judge.
If it was a dog, these people would be charged with animal cruelty wouldn't they?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 12:22 - May 26 with 3689 viewsWeekender

this makes me so cross. Who is retarded enough to do this?

Gross neglect - prison is the only answer

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 12:24 - May 26 with 3677 viewsSwansea_Blue

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 12:22 - May 26 by Weekender

It's such a bizarre article. The general apathy at the Irish end and by the Beeb reporter is baffling to say the least.

it's ok though, they're both involved in business activity and sporting activities

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 14:19 - May 26 with 3546 viewshoppy

I heard this on the Radio 6 Music news... it said he'd meant to drop her off at a childminders, and got distracted, thus forgetting to do so.

How can you possibly even be that stupid?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 14:22 - May 26 with 3534 viewsGeoffSentence

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 14:19 - May 26 by hoppy

I heard this on the Radio 6 Music news... it said he'd meant to drop her off at a childminders, and got distracted, thus forgetting to do so.

There was a bloke in the States, last year I think, was supposed to drop his child off at the childminder's but didn't, he ended up leaving the child in the car all day whilst he went in to work.

The child died.

He was convicted of murder.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

on 14:42 - May 26 with 3506 views_

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 14:45 - May 26 with 3495 viewsLord_Lucan

Surely you wouldn't leave a baby in a car alone in any circumstances.

Outrageous behaviour.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 15:26 - May 26 with 3447 viewsomuircheartaigh

http://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/newsireland/heartbroken-parents-of-tragic-tipperar

If only everyone was as perfect as those who condemn.

As a father, I have no doubt the father in this case is absolutely devastated.
Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 15:35 - May 26 with 3434 viewsLord_Lucan

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 15:26 - May 26 by omuircheartaigh

http://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/newsireland/heartbroken-parents-of-tragic-tipperar

Sorry but no one in their right mind would do what he did. I am sure he is devastated but it is such a stupid thing to do, it is completely off the scale.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 16:54 - May 26 with 3384 viewsomuircheartaigh

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 15:35 - May 26 by Lord_Lucan

Sorry but no one in their right mind would do what he did. I am sure he is devastated but it is such a stupid thing to do, it is completely off the scale.

I disagree. Unreservedly.

His wife did the crèche runs. He stopped off at work to deal with something urgent. Got engrossed and the tragic mistake was made. Ireland isn't always as warm as it was when this tragedy happened.

He was the baby's father and I am very saddened to even think about the level of guilt and devestation he will suffer for the rest of his life.

I do not judge as you do.

I hope none of you who have judged go through, or know anyone who has to carry such grief as this young man will. I don't know him. But my humanity means more to me than vain self indulgent judgment.

The condemnation of this father has been so off putting for me that I'm packing this website in. Not as a protest or anything. I just have found the above comments to be very, very off putting and I have nothing in coming with such condemnation or those who indulge in it. This was a tragedy.
[Post edited 26 May 2017 16:56]
Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 16:56 - May 26 with 3380 viewshoppy

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 15:26 - May 26 by omuircheartaigh

Who mentioned perfection? Just basic use of a single brain cell is enough to not let this happen. As a father too, I'm sure he is devastated... but also, as a father, I would never ever be so distracted to have forgotten I'd got a baby in the car that I was supposed to drop off somewhere...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 17:02 - May 26 with 3342 viewsusm

Tragic.

The father has got more of a sentence than any imprisonment could possibly match.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 17:08 - May 26 with 3325 viewsSwansea_Blue

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 16:56 - May 26 by hoppy

Who mentioned perfection? Just basic use of a single brain cell is enough to not let this happen. As a father too, I'm sure he is devastated... but also, as a father, I would never ever be so distracted to have forgotten I'd got a baby in the car that I was supposed to drop off somewhere...

Agreed.

Although I used to work with a guy who (a) left his baby in the car seat in the playground of his older kids school, and (b) also left the same kid on a bus. He's a university prof., but scatty as... So they are out there.

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 17:11 - May 26 with 3314 viewsClapham_Junction

on 14:42 - May 26 by _

I remember attending a village fete in Great Waldingfield as a young kid on a boiling hot day. Someone had left their dog in the car and it was obviously suffering. One of my parents' friends decided to try and wind the windows down a bit as they noticed the car door had been left unlocked. Unfortunately when they opened the door the dog jumped over and squeezed out and then ran off before anyone could stop it...
Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 17:12 - May 26 with 3312 viewsDeano69

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 14:45 - May 26 by Lord_Lucan

Surely you wouldn't leave a baby in a car alone in any circumstances.

Outrageous behaviour.

I wouldn't even leave a baby in the car while i go and pay for petrol. Just cant make some people out

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 17:23 - May 26 with 3291 viewsEireannach_gorm

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 16:56 - May 26 by hoppy

I'm not surer this incident had anything to do with intelligence. Clearly it was a stupid thing to do but it was obviously the result of distraction. I know as a parent I have had lapses of concentration with minding my children which fortunately did not result in tragedy. I am sure there have been similar cases as this where the outcome was not so devastating.This took place on the warmest day of the year and this man has a life sentence to reflect on what might have been. I am not making light of what he did but I can understand how it could happen without malice, 'but for the grace of god' and all that.
Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 17:32 - May 26 with 3262 viewsgiant_stow

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 17:23 - May 26 by Eireannach_gorm

I'm not surer this incident had anything to do with intelligence. Clearly it was a stupid thing to do but it was obviously the result of distraction. I know as a parent I have had lapses of concentration with minding my children which fortunately did not result in tragedy. I am sure there have been similar cases as this where the outcome was not so devastating.This took place on the warmest day of the year and this man has a life sentence to reflect on what might have been. I am not making light of what he did but I can understand how it could happen without malice, 'but for the grace of god' and all that.

There a difference between an accident and neglect surely.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 17:34 - May 26 with 3255 viewsgiant_stow

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 17:12 - May 26 by Deano69

I wouldn't even leave a baby in the car while i go and pay for petrol. Just cant make some people out

Think someone was charged for doing just that a couple of years ago.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 18:08 - May 26 with 3214 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 16:54 - May 26 by omuircheartaigh

I disagree. Unreservedly.

His wife did the crèche runs. He stopped off at work to deal with something urgent. Got engrossed and the tragic mistake was made. Ireland isn't always as warm as it was when this tragedy happened.

He was the baby's father and I am very saddened to even think about the level of guilt and devestation he will suffer for the rest of his life.

I do not judge as you do.

I hope none of you who have judged go through, or know anyone who has to carry such grief as this young man will. I don't know him. But my humanity means more to me than vain self indulgent judgment.

The condemnation of this father has been so off putting for me that I'm packing this website in. Not as a protest or anything. I just have found the above comments to be very, very off putting and I have nothing in coming with such condemnation or those who indulge in it. This was a tragedy.
[Post edited 26 May 2017 16:56]

So you are leaving because people disagree with you

I'm not sure the internet is for you my friend

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 18:16 - May 26 with 3195 viewstextbackup

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 14:19 - May 26 by hoppy

It's not the first time I've heard of this tho, it seems stupidly crazy almost impossible to you and I tho... my kids don't shut up in the car I'd never forget they were in there!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 18:24 - May 26 with 3183 viewsEireannach_gorm

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 17:32 - May 26 by giant_stow

There a difference between an accident and neglect surely.

Yes there is. Neglect implies more than one occasion of ill treatment. What would be your view on the Madeleine McCann case?
Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 18:26 - May 26 with 3177 viewsflashblue

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 17:12 - May 26 by Deano69

Why ever not? I would say 99% of people who pay for petrol leave their kids in the car. Frankly the safest place for them to be at a petrol station.

If something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
Poll: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 18:28 - May 26 with 3167 viewsgiant_stow

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 18:24 - May 26 by Eireannach_gorm

Yes there is. Neglect implies more than one occasion of ill treatment. What would be your view on the Madeleine McCann case?

I don't really agree but see your point on the McCanns totally. Anyway, since my last post, my littleun nearly fell down the stairs which seems like a massive warning form Karma, so I'm backing out on this.

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 18:38 - May 26 with 3117 viewsjas0999

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 12:22 - May 26 by Weekender

Concur.
Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 18:39 - May 26 with 3117 viewsjeera

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 14:22 - May 26 by GeoffSentence

There was a bloke in the States, last year I think, was supposed to drop his child off at the childminder's but didn't, he ended up leaving the child in the car all day whilst he went in to work.

The child died.

He was convicted of murder.

I believe that in the case you refer to it was proven to be a deliberate act. I won't pretend to remember the details though, but I'm fairly sure that's what happened.

As for this one, I haven't read it but my initial reaction was wtf along with others.

I can also understand the compassion shown by one or two posters and of course they are right. It's just the shock of the story isn't it? This was several hours for goodness sake.

On the dog thing, people's ignorance never ceases to amaze does it. I saw a couple taking water to their dog in a car they'd left parked up the other day. They clearly figured it needed water -- surely they should've realised the thing shouldn't have been in the sodding car at all.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 18:48 - May 26 with 3100 viewsjeera

Leaving a baby for hours in a car on the hottest day of the year is a 'tragedy' on 18:24 - May 26 by Eireannach_gorm

Different scenarios entirely. No other party involved and I can't see the comparison.

If I leave my car unlocked it doesn't give someone else the right to take it, nor rob my home if I forget to lock a window etc.

It is terribly sad though, yes. And horrific for the parents to face.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024