Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" 11:32 - May 28 with 2821 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ive seen a lot of news comments on social media saying that the UK have got to get tougher. Got to start Bombing islamic state etc.

Now sorry if im being thick here but some of the recent attackes have been from UK living people so how is bombing an area abroad going to stop anything happening?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:34 - May 28 with 2231 viewstaximan

no need to start another thread on exactly the same subject
"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:35 - May 28 with 2222 viewsDarth_Koont

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:34 - May 28 by taximan

Why not?

Needs drumming into some of the hard-of-thinking on here.

Pronouns: He/Him

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:36 - May 28 with 2218 viewsBlueBadger

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't we been bombing Deash in various locales for a couple of years now with little discernible effect on domestic terror?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:37 - May 28 with 2214 viewsBlueBadger

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:35 - May 28 by Darth_Koont

Why not?

Pffft. Thinking is for liberal elite lefties who want to cuddle Osama Bin Laden and can't over the we won they lost.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:38 - May 28 with 2213 viewstaximan

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:35 - May 28 by Darth_Koont

Why not?

its not all about attacking isis on foreign lands

we have to up our defences, if that involves restricting movement of known radical muslims, then so be it
if they want to fight for isis in syria or libya or anywhere they then lose the right to enter the uk
"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:39 - May 28 with 2205 viewsFrimleyBlue

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:34 - May 28 by taximan

Sorry tax had a quick look through and didnt see another post if gav wants to delete he can

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:43 - May 28 with 2157 viewsGlasgowBlue

They may be from the UK but they travel to the IS bases in Syria and Iraq for training.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:44 - May 28 with 2175 viewsBlueBadger

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:38 - May 28 by taximan

we have to up our defences, if that involves restricting movement of known radical muslims, then so be it
if they want to fight for isis in syria or libya or anywhere they then lose the right to enter the uk

Not just them either. The likes of Hopkins, Yaxley-Lennon and Golding are better recruiting sergeants for IS than any ranting nutter with a beard and a hook.

Login to get fewer ads

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:44 - May 28 with 2174 viewsDarth_Koont

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:38 - May 28 by taximan

But having a radical thought isn't a crime last time I checked. We have to deal in real crimes and genuine conspiracies to commit a crime.

You also have dangerous, radical thoughts so fair's fair we'll need to "restrict your movements" or lock you up too.

The sooner you realise that you're part of the problem rather than the solution, the better.

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:45 - May 28 with 2171 viewsBlueBadger

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:44 - May 28 by Darth_Koont

But having a radical thought isn't a crime last time I checked. We have to deal in real crimes and genuine conspiracies to commit a crime.

You also have dangerous, radical thoughts so fair's fair we'll need to "restrict your movements" or lock you up too.

The sooner you realise that you're part of the problem rather than the solution, the better.

Like I've just said below, Hopkins et al are far better recruiting sergeants for IS than any ranting loon with a prosthesis and beard you could hide a badger in.

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:46 - May 28 with 2136 viewsGlasgowBlue

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:36 - May 28 by BlueBadger

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't we been bombing Deash in various locales for a couple of years now with little discernible effect on domestic terror?

With little effect on domestic terror but we've probably saved hundreds of thousands of innocent people being stoned, beheaded, raped and sold into slavery. Unless you aren't particularly bothered about them. Out of sight out of mind?

Ask the Yazidi's from Sinjar whether our intervention has had any discernible effect on their lives.

Iron Lion Zion

(No subject) on 11:47 - May 28 with 2146 viewsBlueBadger

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:46 - May 28 by GlasgowBlue

With little effect on domestic terror but we've probably saved hundreds of thousands of innocent people being stoned, beheaded, raped and sold into slavery. Unless you aren't particularly bothered about them. Out of sight out of mind?

Ask the Yazidi's from Sinjar whether our intervention has had any discernible effect on their lives.

And in the meantime, the Russian military are bombing moderate rebels and opposition at the behest of Assad and sowing the seeds for the next generation. The whole thing is a horrifically complicated clusterf*ck partly of our own creation with no clear solutions evident and enormous potential for yet more troubles down the line.
[Post edited 28 May 2017 11:49]

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:49 - May 28 with 2135 viewsDarth_Koont

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:45 - May 28 by BlueBadger

Like I've just said below, Hopkins et al are far better recruiting sergeants for IS than any ranting loon with a prosthesis and beard you could hide a badger in.

Agreed. Total feckwits the lot of them.

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:50 - May 28 with 2128 viewstaximan

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:44 - May 28 by Darth_Koont

i have no thoughts of blowing up kids with a bomb

i find your comment very unpleasant
"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:51 - May 28 with 2107 viewsGlasgowBlue

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:45 - May 28 by BlueBadger

Has Archer hacked your account? FFS that is one of the most pathetic posts you have ever made. The murderers of Lee Rigby were directly radicalised by people like Abu Hamza.

You think they ever read any if the hate filled bile that silly cow Hopkins ever wrote?

I despair. I really do.

Iron Lion Zion

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:57 - May 28 with 2089 viewsBlueBadger

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:50 - May 28 by taximan

Good. You should.
You're actively supporting, encouraging and agreeing with violent, criminal extremists with (in stephen Yaxley-Lennon's case) a known admiration for convicted terrorists. these are the sort of people who's rhetoric encourages hate and ignorance which in turn fuel the other side. With IS they'd be just a bunch bitter old t0ssers complaining about 'darkies' in the pub and without them to pull up as examples of 'this is why you are still an outsider in the country of your birth' for IS recruiters.

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 12:01 - May 28 with 2067 viewstaximan

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:57 - May 28 by BlueBadger

Good. You should.
You're actively supporting, encouraging and agreeing with violent, criminal extremists with (in stephen Yaxley-Lennon's case) a known admiration for convicted terrorists. these are the sort of people who's rhetoric encourages hate and ignorance which in turn fuel the other side. With IS they'd be just a bunch bitter old t0ssers complaining about 'darkies' in the pub and without them to pull up as examples of 'this is why you are still an outsider in the country of your birth' for IS recruiters.

i'm not "actively supporting" anyone

i agree with his views on radical muslims, and anyone else who wants to blow up innocents in my country

no doubt this offends your liberal ways

here's hoping all of families/children stay safe
"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 12:01 - May 28 with 2063 viewsDarth_Koont

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:50 - May 28 by taximan

You might as well get used to it, petal.

Muslims and even radical muslims don't necessarily have thoughts of blowing up kids with bombs. Some of them can justify it though, in the same way we can justify unavoidably bombing civilians to achieve military aims.

But there's still a further extremist step to becoming a terrorist and actually committing one of these horrific acts. And it's a step that the vast majority of radical muslims don't take. Let alone the billion mosque-goers and members of the muslim community by default.

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 12:05 - May 28 with 2046 viewstaximan

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 12:01 - May 28 by Darth_Koont

You might as well get used to it, petal.

Muslims and even radical muslims don't necessarily have thoughts of blowing up kids with bombs. Some of them can justify it though, in the same way we can justify unavoidably bombing civilians to achieve military aims.

But there's still a further extremist step to becoming a terrorist and actually committing one of these horrific acts. And it's a step that the vast majority of radical muslims don't take. Let alone the billion mosque-goers and members of the muslim community by default.

where have i said "i agree with bombing civilians to achieve military gains" ??

no need to call me petal, unless you are looking to provoke an angry reaction from me
"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 12:11 - May 28 with 2024 viewsbournemouthblue

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 11:43 - May 28 by GlasgowBlue

They may be from the UK but they travel to the IS bases in Syria and Iraq for training.

and the Tories wanted to bomb Assad out of power which would have aided and abetted Isis further

There are no easy answers to this

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 12:11 - May 28 with 2016 viewsDarth_Koont

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 12:05 - May 28 by taximan

no need to call me petal, unless you are looking to provoke an angry reaction from me

I haven't said you agree with it. But plenty do. Hell, even I do if the overall goal is worth military involvement - it's a pretty inescapable fact that civilians get killed in wars.

You do seem surprisingly sensitive for someone who supposedly appreciates people "saying it how it is". But if it doesn't tally with your colouring-book world view then you start getting agitated.

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 12:24 - May 28 with 1985 viewsGuthrum

Because defeating IS in Syria and Iraq will remove a major source of the propaganda which is radicalising young people.

And we have been directly involved in military action against IS for some time.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 13:56 - May 28 with 1836 viewsGlasgowBlue

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 12:11 - May 28 by bournemouthblue

and the Tories wanted to bomb Assad out of power which would have aided and abetted Isis further

There are no easy answers to this

IS weren't a problem in 2013 when we shamefully let the people of Syria down. They filled the vacuum caused by our non intervention.

Miliband played politics with that vote and he's since been criticised by a number of Labour MP's who believed that we should have taken action after Assad launched chemical weapons against his own people.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/syria-airstrikes-donald-trump-putin-labour-a

Iron Lion Zion

(No subject) on 14:06 - May 28 with 1825 viewsnoggin

You big jessie. Just this morning you commented on one of my posts with, "want a hug hun?"
[Post edited 28 May 2017 14:06]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

"Got to get tougher. Time for Attack" on 14:14 - May 28 with 1797 viewsHerbivore

Calm down, snowflake.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024