Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hate penalty shoot outs in big games 17:37 - May 29 with 4312 viewsJ2BLUE

They should be used for deciding earlier rounds with a fairer system used for the quarter finals onwards.

I hope there is a screamer from one side because a 49 game season with such a huge prize being decided by penalties is wrong IMO.

Anyone agree?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:38 - May 29 with 2221 viewsHerbivore

What fairer system would you propose?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:38 - May 29 with 2217 viewsSarge

I do but I'm not sure what a fairer system would be.

120 mins and no one has been able to score so how long can you let it go on for!
I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:40 - May 29 with 2200 viewsJ2BLUE

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:38 - May 29 by Herbivore

Not sure. I like the idea of reducing the number of players on each team every 5 mins or so with a golden goal system.

Another better idea is getting the ball on the penalty spot, allowing the keeper and player to move freely with a time limit. I think they used this in America years ago.

I just don't like single kicks deciding something so big.

Truly impaired.

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:40 - May 29 with 2191 viewstaximan

play until either team score ?

don't ar$e around with removing players etc, just play golden goal, eventually a goal will come
I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:42 - May 29 with 2175 viewsBent_double

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:38 - May 29 by Herbivore

Each side takes a player off every 2 or 3 mins until someone scores.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:42 - May 29 with 2165 viewsLankHenners

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:40 - May 29 by J2BLUE

Not sure. I like the idea of reducing the number of players on each team every 5 mins or so with a golden goal system.

Another better idea is getting the ball on the penalty spot, allowing the keeper and player to move freely with a time limit. I think they used this in America years ago.

Problem with golden goal is that it leaves a game open to be potentially decided by an officiating error or in other controversial circumstances. Penalties leave it nice and clean.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:42 - May 29 with 2156 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I really hope Huddersfield do it

Good bunch of fans and I like Wagner

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:43 - May 29 with 2158 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:40 - May 29 by J2BLUE

I like the withdrawal idea and would add an interesting tactical element, but in reality I think it could be depressingly dull for 15 minutes until sides are down to 7/8 players and the game is stretched. Until then you'd probably just see teams taking off attacking players and little intent

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:43 - May 29 with 2154 viewstaximan

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:42 - May 29 by Bent_double

don't like the taking player off idea, just carry on as normal until a goal is scored
I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:43 - May 29 with 2144 viewsJ2BLUE

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:42 - May 29 by LankHenners

Problem with golden goal is that it leaves a game open to be potentially decided by an officiating error or in other controversial circumstances. Penalties leave it nice and clean.

That is also true of open play. They could also bring in a review of the winning goal to make sure it's all ok.

Truly impaired.

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:44 - May 29 with 2126 viewsstrikalite

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:42 - May 29 by Bent_double

Something other than this, simply not fair on a player in a team game....too much at stake certainly in a game like this.
I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:44 - May 29 with 2121 viewsCheshire_Tractor

In the play-offs if all square after 120mins, let the league table decide imo.
I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:44 - May 29 with 2116 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

No I hate this line to be honest. How is not being able to win in 120 minutes unfair?
I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:45 - May 29 with 2104 viewsnshearman1

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:43 - May 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I like the withdrawal idea and would add an interesting tactical element, but in reality I think it could be depressingly dull for 15 minutes until sides are down to 7/8 players and the game is stretched. Until then you'd probably just see teams taking off attacking players and little intent

The play-offs are a complete w**k designed to make more money. Dispense with them and let the top three go up. That way all teams would have the most time to prepare for the Premiership and compete.
I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:45 - May 29 with 2097 viewsuefacup81

After 120mins remove all booked players from the field of play, and play an extra 15mins?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:45 - May 29 with 2098 viewsJ2BLUE

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:44 - May 29 by Cheshire_Tractor

In the play-offs if all square after 120mins, let the league table decide imo.

Another interesting idea. I guess it would be like being 1-0 up. Huddersfield would be throwing everyone forward and Reading defending for their lives with 10-15 mins to go.

Truly impaired.

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:47 - May 29 with 2085 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:45 - May 29 by J2BLUE

Another interesting idea. I guess it would be like being 1-0 up. Huddersfield would be throwing everyone forward and Reading defending for their lives with 10-15 mins to go.

The league table counts for nothing at Wembley and nor should it
I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:47 - May 29 with 2079 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:45 - May 29 by uefacup81

After 120mins remove all booked players from the field of play, and play an extra 15mins?

Is this a joke?
I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:48 - May 29 with 2068 viewsuefacup81

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:47 - May 29 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Is this a joke?

It could work! It would certainly add an extra element of tactics into the game when it comes to the age old concept of taking a yellow card for the team.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:49 - May 29 with 2060 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:45 - May 29 by nshearman1

The play-offs are a complete w**k designed to make more money. Dispense with them and let the top three go up. That way all teams would have the most time to prepare for the Premiership and compete.

I don't think the extra couple of weeks wait makes much difference in terms of preparation, to be honest. Also without then the season would be over by February for a lot of teams, with dead rubbers galore as the season winds down

Recent playoff finals do seem to have been a bit crap though - the money at stake seems to mean more teams being cagey and refusing to risk making an error rather than going for it

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:51 - May 29 with 2041 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:48 - May 29 by uefacup81

It could work! It would certainly add an extra element of tactics into the game when it comes to the age old concept of taking a yellow card for the team.

I think in the Hockey playoffs or it might be regular season, I can't remember they make it 3 on 3 instead of 5 on 5 to increase the chances of a sudden death winning goal.
I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:52 - May 29 with 2022 viewsnshearman1

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:51 - May 29 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I think in the Hockey playoffs or it might be regular season, I can't remember they make it 3 on 3 instead of 5 on 5 to increase the chances of a sudden death winning goal.

A stupid stupid lottery funded by Sky - but the right team thankfully have gone up.
I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:54 - May 29 with 1999 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I love penalty shoot outs.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:55 - May 29 with 1984 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:52 - May 29 by nshearman1

A stupid stupid lottery funded by Sky - but the right team thankfully have gone up.

Eh, how do you figure that? Based on your assessment that the top 3 should go up surely the right team lost?

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:58 - May 29 with 1953 viewsnshearman1

I hate penalty shoot outs in big games on 17:55 - May 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Eh, how do you figure that? Based on your assessment that the top 3 should go up surely the right team lost?

Actually yes. The whole thing is an absurdity. They used to say the League always sorts out the best teams. Now it doesn't. So many teams come straight back down. But on the day the better team won.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024