Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Sport Summer Break 13:01 - May 30 with 2732 viewsJimmyJazz

Sure this must have discussed before, but does anyone have any advice on whether it is worth cancelling Sky Sports until the football starts again in August? I'm not under contract as I've had my current package for the past 5 years. I would want to keep Sky Movies, HD channels etc but don't care much for the summer sport that fills the sport channels. What do Sky do in this instance? Do many other people do it, or is it too much hassle?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Sky Sport Summer Break on 13:06 - May 30 with 2704 viewsSWGF

Cancelled my Sky Sports (and pared down my TV package) a couple of months back and reduced by monthly payments by £40. Haven't missed it. Worked out that I very rarely get to watch any bloody football on the telly in any case.

Saying that, I do chuck my old dears a fiver each month and have activated Sky Go Extra on their account so I can watch via the PS4 and on the iPad should anything spectacular arise.

*cough* Champions Trophy *cough*
[Post edited 30 May 2017 13:06]

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Sky Sport Summer Break on 14:02 - May 30 with 2570 viewsBluefish

Sky Sport Summer Break on 13:06 - May 30 by SWGF

Cancelled my Sky Sports (and pared down my TV package) a couple of months back and reduced by monthly payments by £40. Haven't missed it. Worked out that I very rarely get to watch any bloody football on the telly in any case.

Saying that, I do chuck my old dears a fiver each month and have activated Sky Go Extra on their account so I can watch via the PS4 and on the iPad should anything spectacular arise.

*cough* Champions Trophy *cough*
[Post edited 30 May 2017 13:06]

You can watch sky go through a ps4??? Is it perfect quality? Tried on tv via laptop hdmi but quality isn't very good

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Sky Sport Summer Break on 14:43 - May 30 with 2522 viewsDebsyAngel

We do the same - other half cancels it in April (depending on where Ipswich or QPR, his team, are and if play offs etc), and then gets it put on the first week in August.

When cancelled, it takes 30 days to be taken off your package. Saves us a few quid as we are not interested in the summer sports on offer.

Edited to say, they will keep bombarding you WHY you want to cancel, which is a total pain!
[Post edited 30 May 2017 14:45]
Sky Sport Summer Break on 14:54 - May 30 with 2494 viewsSWGF

Sky Sport Summer Break on 14:02 - May 30 by Bluefish

You can watch sky go through a ps4??? Is it perfect quality? Tried on tv via laptop hdmi but quality isn't very good

It was OK to watch us capitulate against Forest.

There's an app on the PS4. Download it and login with your account info.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Sky Sport Summer Break on 15:36 - May 30 with 2436 viewsJimmyJazz

Sky Sport Summer Break on 14:43 - May 30 by DebsyAngel

We do the same - other half cancels it in April (depending on where Ipswich or QPR, his team, are and if play offs etc), and then gets it put on the first week in August.

When cancelled, it takes 30 days to be taken off your package. Saves us a few quid as we are not interested in the summer sports on offer.

Edited to say, they will keep bombarding you WHY you want to cancel, which is a total pain!
[Post edited 30 May 2017 14:45]

Cheers, so I've waited until after the playoffs, 30 days will take me to end of June, put back on in August. So save one month. Do Sky offer any incentives to stay? Should I be upfront and tell them exactly why I'm cancelling, or does it pay to be a bit economical with the truth?

Sky Sport Summer Break on 15:42 - May 30 with 2417 viewsLightningboy

I've thought about doing this too but Sky are such a pain in the 4rse that I never bother - with today's technology we the customer should be able to go on the Sky website/app or whatever and basically pick & choose what we want as part of our monthly packages - alas Sky always seem to make it as difficult as possible with cancellation/connection fees etc.

I have Sky but god I hate them.

Anyone know what equpiment is needed to get our games on ifollow next season?
Sky Sport Summer Break on 15:45 - May 30 with 2407 viewsrickw

Sky Sport Summer Break on 15:36 - May 30 by JimmyJazz

Cheers, so I've waited until after the playoffs, 30 days will take me to end of June, put back on in August. So save one month. Do Sky offer any incentives to stay? Should I be upfront and tell them exactly why I'm cancelling, or does it pay to be a bit economical with the truth?

I would try to cancel and they'll probably offer you a discounted rate for the next 3-6 months not to cancel - which maybe worth saving to save the hassle as you'll only save 1 or 2 months now

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Sky Sport Summer Break on 15:51 - May 30 with 2390 viewsRealSlimShady

Every summer I talk to Sky through the online chat on their website (cheaper and easier than by phone) with the purpose of getting my bill down. I have done it the past few years and it has worked every time. Last year I mentioned switching to BT which seemed to really hit a nerve and I got a great deal - I saved over £30 a month.
Login to get fewer ads

Sky Sport Summer Break on 18:47 - May 30 with 2303 viewsJimmyJazz

Thanks for all the comments - to bring it to a conclusion I have just called Sky. They do indeed hold you to your package for 31 days, so in the future it is wise to contact them a month before you wish to switch of the sports channels. They offered me a choice of 2 deals as an alternative, i took one which offers me a cheaper price on my current package for the next 18 months. Switching off would have saved me £18 each month, the 18 month deal i have saves me £135 in total. I am tied into Sky as a TV provider for 18 months, but that's no problem. The guy did say that sports packages tend to rise in price every July, as the football season gets nearer.

Sky Sport Summer Break on 18:51 - May 30 with 2263 viewsDebsyAngel

Sky Sport Summer Break on 15:36 - May 30 by JimmyJazz

Not sure what incentives Sky do, as we do ours through Virgin. They will offer it half price, but this was May/June/July, so pretty pointless as not interested in the summer sports.

Just hold your ground and don't be talked round easily.

Good luck!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024