Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this the season we get relegated to League One? 06:14 - Jun 1 with 22483 viewsMaySixth

While our neighbours Director of Football up the road hires a progressive young manager who has a reputation for excellent football and youth development we have a board full of paupers who don't have a clue about football and have no plan, identity or idea.

Pains me to say it but I think Norwich are going up and we are going down.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 06:23 - Jun 1 with 10677 viewsTLA

I think Norwich have taken a risk that could go either way.

We have changed nothing, and I think we will be in a season long relegation battle, without really being outside of the bottom 6. Still, it might be exciting!
Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 06:31 - Jun 1 with 10659 viewsbrogansnose

Norwich aren't going up this season. They are certainly better placed than us but it will take their new bloke a couple of seasons , if at all, to get them in as contenders.

I can't see anything beyond it being a long tough season for us and we certainly need re-inforcing in key areas. Decent striker is a must.
Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 06:45 - Jun 1 with 10634 viewsTLA

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 06:31 - Jun 1 by brogansnose

Norwich aren't going up this season. They are certainly better placed than us but it will take their new bloke a couple of seasons , if at all, to get them in as contenders.

I can't see anything beyond it being a long tough season for us and we certainly need re-inforcing in key areas. Decent striker is a must.

If Norwich don't go up this season, they will slip back in the pack and be well behind the big spenders. I think that's why they've gambled.

I think we'll struggle, unless something totally unexpected happens with finances. We'll being paying bottom 6 levels of fees and wages and we'll finish in the bottom 6!
Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 06:47 - Jun 1 with 10630 viewsBenters

I wouldnt be surprised if Nodge made the playoffs.

If town doesnt change its transfer policy, we could really be in the poo in the new season.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 06:52 - Jun 1 with 10617 viewsTownly

"Norwich aren't going up this season."

Fact or just opinion?

They might fly, but on the other hand they might well be starting next season with yet another manager at the helm, such is the risk.

Huddersfield have just got promoted despite the negative factor you mention.

I just want any new impetus at PR. An infusion of money, a few decent signings, changes in the management structure, anything rather than this monotonous mid-table boredom whereby we already know that we won't go up and won't go down, a fact that sums up Evans/McCarthyism
[Post edited 1 Jun 2017 6:53]
Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 06:55 - Jun 1 with 10602 viewsBenters

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 06:52 - Jun 1 by Townly

"Norwich aren't going up this season."

Fact or just opinion?

They might fly, but on the other hand they might well be starting next season with yet another manager at the helm, such is the risk.

Huddersfield have just got promoted despite the negative factor you mention.

I just want any new impetus at PR. An infusion of money, a few decent signings, changes in the management structure, anything rather than this monotonous mid-table boredom whereby we already know that we won't go up and won't go down, a fact that sums up Evans/McCarthyism
[Post edited 1 Jun 2017 6:53]

It is very boring yes.

Gentlybentley

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 07:04 - Jun 1 with 10588 viewsTLA

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 06:47 - Jun 1 by Benters

I wouldnt be surprised if Nodge made the playoffs.

If town doesnt change its transfer policy, we could really be in the poo in the new season.

I can't see things changing, which means we'll struggle Benters.

If Emmanuel and Kenlock move up a few gears, Andre Dozzell comes back with the physique of his old man, Teddy Bishop stays fit and returns to form, Didz plays 46 league games and scores 25, Sears gets back the form he first showed and Moore proves he's worth every penny we spent on him…then we might get back to 15th!
Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 07:10 - Jun 1 with 10567 viewsBenters

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 07:04 - Jun 1 by TLA

I can't see things changing, which means we'll struggle Benters.

If Emmanuel and Kenlock move up a few gears, Andre Dozzell comes back with the physique of his old man, Teddy Bishop stays fit and returns to form, Didz plays 46 league games and scores 25, Sears gets back the form he first showed and Moore proves he's worth every penny we spent on him…then we might get back to 15th!

Yaay 15th FANTASTICO!

The league is getting harder each year with the clubs paying higher wages for a better class of player,they have seen the big bucks for getting out of this league.

What do we do about it? Nowt thats what,we sit around watching the other teams strengthen,and go out and sign a player at the cost of £10k from The Dog and Duck in Peckham.

I cant see anything much changing for town this year,unless Saint Marcus changes his ways and gets rid of Dinomick.

Gentlybentley

Login to get fewer ads

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 07:16 - Jun 1 with 10544 viewsTLA

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 07:10 - Jun 1 by Benters

Yaay 15th FANTASTICO!

The league is getting harder each year with the clubs paying higher wages for a better class of player,they have seen the big bucks for getting out of this league.

What do we do about it? Nowt thats what,we sit around watching the other teams strengthen,and go out and sign a player at the cost of £10k from The Dog and Duck in Peckham.

I cant see anything much changing for town this year,unless Saint Marcus changes his ways and gets rid of Dinomick.

The Peckham Dog and Duck have a really good central midfielder but he'd probably be expensive.

I've almost come to terms that we haven't got the means to compete, even in the second tier of football. The stupid money in the game is mostly to blame. I loved it when teams could compete at the top by a good approach. Something has to change or we'll just find our level another league down, which is a sad thing to think about.
Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 07:19 - Jun 1 with 10533 viewsBenters

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 07:16 - Jun 1 by TLA

The Peckham Dog and Duck have a really good central midfielder but he'd probably be expensive.

I've almost come to terms that we haven't got the means to compete, even in the second tier of football. The stupid money in the game is mostly to blame. I loved it when teams could compete at the top by a good approach. Something has to change or we'll just find our level another league down, which is a sad thing to think about.

Didnt Milne say it would be hard to compete in L1 let alone The Championship?

Gentlybentley

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 07:24 - Jun 1 with 10517 viewsTLA

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 07:19 - Jun 1 by Benters

Didnt Milne say it would be hard to compete in L1 let alone The Championship?

We've been a top 30 team in England for most of my life but it seems that we'll soon be a top 50 team at best.

Anyway, loads of rain here this morning, which is good after some planting earlier in the week. Your butts must be overflowing. We should probably get some.
Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 07:26 - Jun 1 with 10508 viewsBenters

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 07:24 - Jun 1 by TLA

We've been a top 30 team in England for most of my life but it seems that we'll soon be a top 50 team at best.

Anyway, loads of rain here this morning, which is good after some planting earlier in the week. Your butts must be overflowing. We should probably get some.

Is there rain? Beautiful day here!

My butts have loads of water,this could be the second year i havent used my outside tap once to water my plants.

Gentlybentley

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 07:35 - Jun 1 with 10471 viewsTLA

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 07:26 - Jun 1 by Benters

Is there rain? Beautiful day here!

My butts have loads of water,this could be the second year i havent used my outside tap once to water my plants.

It's been raining for an hour here in Great Yarmouth.

We got an outside tap fitted last year but I'm told rain water is much better for our raspberries, strawberries and blueberries. The plants are looking good and flowering after the recent rain and sun!
Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 07:38 - Jun 1 with 10454 viewsBenters

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 07:35 - Jun 1 by TLA

It's been raining for an hour here in Great Yarmouth.

We got an outside tap fitted last year but I'm told rain water is much better for our raspberries, strawberries and blueberries. The plants are looking good and flowering after the recent rain and sun!

Everything is growing like crazy now,its great to see.

Gentlybentley

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 07:40 - Jun 1 with 10437 viewsHerbivore

Norwich have released half their squad and taken a punt on an unproven manager, I wouldn't hand them the title just yet. I don't think we'll go down either, I think at worst it'll be comfortable mid table, which would be horribly dull and boring.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 07:42 - Jun 1 with 10429 viewsBenters

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 07:40 - Jun 1 by Herbivore

Norwich have released half their squad and taken a punt on an unproven manager, I wouldn't hand them the title just yet. I don't think we'll go down either, I think at worst it'll be comfortable mid table, which would be horribly dull and boring.

Mid table finish would be better than last season,therefore it must be seen as 'progress'

Gentlybentley

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 08:19 - Jun 1 with 10372 viewsitfcjoe

I don't see it with Norwich - and wit Parachute Payments as they are it is a little bit sh*tile loanees as they won't want to tie themselves down to long contracts.

Remember Wagner had 6 months the previous season to get his ideas across and the squad shaped how he wanted it - they finished 19th that year when he was in charge for the majority - expecting Farke to come in and hit the ground running with a squad full of Primadonna's is asking a lot.

As for us, we'll be better than last year, but probably not enough better for it to make any difference and for Mick to win any fans back over. Need a couple of proper signings down the spine of the team - not youngsters with potential like Webster and Ward, but the real deal players

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 08:23 - Jun 1 with 10352 viewsBluedandy

Not sure if Norwich are going up but judged on average attendances I suspect by the end of the season we will be closer in size to Colchester than Norwich.
Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 08:25 - Jun 1 with 10344 viewsBluebell

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 08:19 - Jun 1 by itfcjoe

I don't see it with Norwich - and wit Parachute Payments as they are it is a little bit sh*tile loanees as they won't want to tie themselves down to long contracts.

Remember Wagner had 6 months the previous season to get his ideas across and the squad shaped how he wanted it - they finished 19th that year when he was in charge for the majority - expecting Farke to come in and hit the ground running with a squad full of Primadonna's is asking a lot.

As for us, we'll be better than last year, but probably not enough better for it to make any difference and for Mick to win any fans back over. Need a couple of proper signings down the spine of the team - not youngsters with potential like Webster and Ward, but the real deal players

Agree about Norwich. I doubt they will do anything this year. The new manager hasn't played football in England and, if he is bringing in German players, they will have to gel with the other players and learn to play in a completely different way.

As for Ipswich, I will wait until the start of the season before I decide where I think they will finish. It all depends on the team we have.
Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 08:27 - Jun 1 with 10331 viewsTLA

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 08:19 - Jun 1 by itfcjoe

Do you honestly think we'll be better than last year?

I'm usually overly optimistic but I just can't see us performing better and think we'll be around the bottom 6. I obviously hope I'm totally wrong but I can't see what will happen to make us better, unless the kids come back from the summer and it all clicks. It's possible I suppose.
Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 08:31 - Jun 1 with 10317 viewschristiand

All depends on what is done over the summer . Milne did say that changes are very much needed, but we're having enough trouble giving a final figure for the season ticket sales - so not hopeful. If very little, then relegation seems a real possibility. All that is coming out and being done at the club presently equates to a team on a downward spiral.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 08:37 - Jun 1 with 10293 viewsblue_oyster

We should have got relegated years ago, it would have been the wake up call we needed. Instead, we've insisted on dying very very slowly over a long period, causing pain and distress for everyone. If we got relegated now, we most probably wouldn't be back for a long time.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 08:48 - Jun 1 with 10253 viewsBenters

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 08:27 - Jun 1 by TLA

Do you honestly think we'll be better than last year?

I'm usually overly optimistic but I just can't see us performing better and think we'll be around the bottom 6. I obviously hope I'm totally wrong but I can't see what will happen to make us better, unless the kids come back from the summer and it all clicks. It's possible I suppose.

I think we will be the same below average .

Gentlybentley

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 09:04 - Jun 1 with 10218 viewsTLA

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 08:48 - Jun 1 by Benters

I think we will be the same below average .

Everything about us suggests that - If our fees and wages are around 17th or 18th in the league, finishing much higher than that would be amazing.
Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 09:28 - Jun 1 with 10177 viewsGeoffSentence

Is this the season we get relegated to League One? on 07:10 - Jun 1 by Benters

Yaay 15th FANTASTICO!

The league is getting harder every year, so perhaps we should revise our expectations down and look forward to 16th or 17th instead of 15th.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024