Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moan (deliveries) 10:03 - Jun 1 with 4569 viewsunbelievablue

In this enlightened age, it really does my head in when delivery companies aren't able to offer an hour window. I'd pay for it.

Especially in London (zone 2). It's not Peasenhall ffs.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Moan (deliveries) on 10:07 - Jun 1 with 3827 viewsGeoffSentence

And why should Peasenhall have to suffer a worse service than London Zone 2? Pfft this is the trouble with Islington set, wanting everything their own way.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Moan (deliveries) on 10:12 - Jun 1 with 3816 viewsBasuco

It is due to the people making the deliveries being paid peanuts per drop, they do not have time to plan a route with slots.
Moan (deliveries) on 10:14 - Jun 1 with 3805 viewsunbelievablue

Moan (deliveries) on 10:07 - Jun 1 by GeoffSentence

And why should Peasenhall have to suffer a worse service than London Zone 2? Pfft this is the trouble with Islington set, wanting everything their own way.

Ha!

My rents live there, and their postal service is great! They get next day delivery all the time. There's a local bloke who works for Yodel all hours of the day and hangs on to parcels until the evening when he knows people in the village are likely to be in.

Moan (deliveries) on 10:15 - Jun 1 with 3802 viewsunbelievablue

Moan (deliveries) on 10:12 - Jun 1 by Basuco

It is due to the people making the deliveries being paid peanuts per drop, they do not have time to plan a route with slots.

Could/should it not be planned centrally? I like delivery drivers, on the whole they seem a friendly bunch.

Moan (deliveries) on 10:20 - Jun 1 with 3789 viewsLord_Lucan

Moan (deliveries) on 10:12 - Jun 1 by Basuco

DPD Group which includes Interlink offer one hour slots and are very accurate. The route is done by computers at head office and the driver just has to follow his sat nav. It is very impressive as the drivers have to do over 100 drops a day.

My Hermes, who are trying to grab all the Amazon business don't but this is reflected in the price. If people want cheap goods and cheap deliveries they can't expect the earth. It costs us £6.95 to get a parcel delivered on Interlink but about £2.50 on My Hermes.

Years ago we used to make money on delivery charges, these days it can cost us almost as much to deliver the goods than what they are worth as Amazon sellers are forced to deliver a £5 item for nothing.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Moan (deliveries) on 10:21 - Jun 1 with 3779 viewsunbelievablue

Moan (deliveries) on 10:20 - Jun 1 by Lord_Lucan

DPD Group which includes Interlink offer one hour slots and are very accurate. The route is done by computers at head office and the driver just has to follow his sat nav. It is very impressive as the drivers have to do over 100 drops a day.

My Hermes, who are trying to grab all the Amazon business don't but this is reflected in the price. If people want cheap goods and cheap deliveries they can't expect the earth. It costs us £6.95 to get a parcel delivered on Interlink but about £2.50 on My Hermes.

Years ago we used to make money on delivery charges, these days it can cost us almost as much to deliver the goods than what they are worth as Amazon sellers are forced to deliver a £5 item for nothing.

Interesting.

Is there always a correlation between the price of the goods and the cost of delivery service, generally speaking?

I want my new Lacoste polo, and I want it now.

Moan (deliveries) on 10:25 - Jun 1 with 3769 viewsMJallday

Moan (deliveries) on 10:21 - Jun 1 by unbelievablue

Interesting.

Is there always a correlation between the price of the goods and the cost of delivery service, generally speaking?

is that what volkwagen are calling themselves these days?

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Moan (deliveries) on 10:32 - Jun 1 with 3754 viewsSwansea_Blue

"Enlightened age"?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Moan (deliveries) on 10:35 - Jun 1 with 3752 viewsLord_Lucan

Interesting.

We've only just entered the retail market and we are selling on Amazon. Our items range from £1.89 to £500.

We make money on the more expensive items but we have to match our competitors pricing and we have to get it delivered asap as negative feedback kills you.

Our £1.89 item costs me .90 to buy. Out of the £1.89 31p is vat so we are actually getting £1.58. Amazon take 18% leaving us with £1.29 sales revenue. This item will cost us 68p to post via large letter Royal Mail. Forget about the envelope, label and labour this leaves us with 61p revenue for an item that costs us 90p so we lose 29p per sale.

Apologies if I can't give you a time slot!

Before Amazon it was common to charge for delivery and people accepted that.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Moan (deliveries) on 10:36 - Jun 1 with 3745 viewsunbelievablue

Moan (deliveries) on 10:32 - Jun 1 by Swansea_Blue

"Enlightened age"?

Did it pass you by squire?

Moan (deliveries) on 10:38 - Jun 1 with 3741 viewsunbelievablue

Moan (deliveries) on 10:35 - Jun 1 by Lord_Lucan

We've only just entered the retail market and we are selling on Amazon. Our items range from £1.89 to £500.

We make money on the more expensive items but we have to match our competitors pricing and we have to get it delivered asap as negative feedback kills you.

Our £1.89 item costs me .90 to buy. Out of the £1.89 31p is vat so we are actually getting £1.58. Amazon take 18% leaving us with £1.29 sales revenue. This item will cost us 68p to post via large letter Royal Mail. Forget about the envelope, label and labour this leaves us with 61p revenue for an item that costs us 90p so we lose 29p per sale.

Apologies if I can't give you a time slot!

Before Amazon it was common to charge for delivery and people accepted that.

Just bought 40 separate orders of the £1.89 item. Cheers.

Moan (deliveries) on 10:40 - Jun 1 with 3737 viewsMJallday

conversely out here in the borderlands, delivery is amazing.

last night at 11pm, i went online and ordered a new cheap tv (£150) i went on a second site and ordered a wall mount for said tv. (£15)
both will be delivered to my local tesco express on friday morning, and can be picked up at my convenience. ive id jhave paid £2 on one and £1.50 on the other , i could have had them both today.

amazing tbh

Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Moan (deliveries) on 11:25 - Jun 1 with 3704 viewsBasuco

I did have a DPD parcel recently and the driver arrived early but could not make the delivery on his PDA until the allocated time slot. This was good for me as I arrived home 2 or 3 minutes before the the allocated time and would have missed the delivery.
Moan (deliveries) on 11:34 - Jun 1 with 3690 viewsElderGrizzly

I've noticed Amazon use their own company "Amazon Logistics" for almost everything round my way now.

Deliver on Sundays , bank holidays etc and never missed a delivery yet.

Certainly an upgrade on the incompetence of Herpes and Yodel
Moan (deliveries) on 11:36 - Jun 1 with 3685 viewsMJallday

Moan (deliveries) on 11:34 - Jun 1 by ElderGrizzly

I've noticed Amazon use their own company "Amazon Logistics" for almost everything round my way now.

Deliver on Sundays , bank holidays etc and never missed a delivery yet.

Certainly an upgrade on the incompetence of Herpes and Yodel

youve just reminded me actually i had a delivery from amazon a few sundays ago, surpirsed the hell out of me when he turned up. wasnt expecting anything until the monday.

great service . amazon really do have things sewn up.

Moan (deliveries) on 11:38 - Jun 1 with 3684 viewsElderGrizzly

Moan (deliveries) on 11:36 - Jun 1 by MJallday

youve just reminded me actually i had a delivery from amazon a few sundays ago, surpirsed the hell out of me when he turned up. wasnt expecting anything until the monday.

Indeed. Order up to midnight and it arrives the same day. And i'm relatively rural too.

I know they are doing deliveries 1 hour after ordering in London now. You pay for it mind...
Moan (deliveries) on 11:43 - Jun 1 with 3667 viewsGeoffSentence

Moan (deliveries) on 11:36 - Jun 1 by MJallday

Do you have Amazon Prime by any chance? I know they will deliver on Sundays if you have that.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Moan (deliveries) on 11:48 - Jun 1 with 3651 viewsMJallday

Moan (deliveries) on 11:43 - Jun 1 by GeoffSentence

Do you have Amazon Prime by any chance? I know they will deliver on Sundays if you have that.

we had it (30 day trial) a few months back but it expired. this was just a normal delivery, i dont hitnk we paid extra. the bits were only £9.99 (some blades for my drone)

UPDATE on 14:41 - Jun 1 with 3526 viewsunbelievablue

Email from Hermes that my parcel has been 'posted through letterbox' at 14:25pm. I don't have a letterbox, and I have been in all afternoon.

FFS.

Moan (deliveries) on 14:50 - Jun 1 with 3511 viewsJ2BLUE

Interesting.

Did you have the option to choose a delivery with an hour window?

If you want a one hour window you should be looking to pay £4.95+. £3.99 is hit and miss. £2.99 and under and you're waiting in all day.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Moan (deliveries) on 14:52 - Jun 1 with 3499 viewsunbelievablue

Moan (deliveries) on 14:50 - Jun 1 by J2BLUE

Did you have the option to choose a delivery with an hour window?

If you want a one hour window you should be looking to pay £4.95+. £3.99 is hit and miss. £2.99 and under and you're waiting in all day.

Nope. Just 'next day'. I would have paid had I been given the option.

Moan (deliveries) on 15:22 - Jun 1 with 3454 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Moan (deliveries) on 14:52 - Jun 1 by unbelievablue

Nope. Just 'next day'. I would have paid had I been given the option.

At least you'd have know then during which hour of the day your parcel would get posted through someone else's letterbox...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

UPDATE on 15:24 - Jun 1 with 3441 viewsLord_Lucan

UPDATE on 14:41 - Jun 1 by unbelievablue

Email from Hermes that my parcel has been 'posted through letterbox' at 14:25pm. I don't have a letterbox, and I have been in all afternoon.

FFS.

He is running out of time and hasn't bothered with you. Your parcel will go back to the depot for re delivery tomorrow

I suspect

Moan (deliveries) on 15:25 - Jun 1 with 3438 viewsunbelievablue

Moan (deliveries) on 15:22 - Jun 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

At least you'd have know then during which hour of the day your parcel would get posted through someone else's letterbox...

The thing is, it's not possible for that to have happened here. There are no letterboxes. A post room, with pigeon holes (too small for my parcel), and a front door into which you can't get without having been let in.

W@nkers.

UPDATE on 15:28 - Jun 1 with 3422 viewsunbelievablue

UPDATE on 15:24 - Jun 1 by Lord_Lucan

He is running out of time and hasn't bothered with you. Your parcel will go back to the depot for re delivery tomorrow

I suspect

Complete and utter cxnts.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024