Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone ever used blablacar.co.uk? 10:37 - Jun 5 with 1599 viewsWeWereZombies

They reckon they can get me from Krakow to Zakopane in less than 2 hours for 11 zloty (about £2.35), i.e. quicker and much cheaper than the train. I gave a lad a regular lift to Cambridge a few years back but that was through Liftshare when they were a bit less formal (I didn't ask for anything but he gave me a bottle of wine and eight Rammstein CDs at the end), just wondered what a more commercial arrangement is like.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Anyone ever used blablacar.co.uk? on 14:26 - Jun 5 with 1529 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Never heard of them but it's a great deal. Zakopane is about 60 miles from Krakow but on a winding single lane mountain road which would take an hour and a half if you were driving yourself.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Anyone ever used blablacar.co.uk? on 14:38 - Jun 5 with 1519 viewssyntaxerror

Its a good deal price wise. Dont know anything about Blablacar though. so cant confirm on that.
Bus is about 25zl, but takes 3- 4 hours.

2 hours time by car is about right though, traffic tends to snarl up in the last 10 miles to Zakopane.

I love Zakopane, been about 5 times.
Anyone ever used blablacar.co.uk? on 15:00 - Jun 5 with 1501 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Blablacar is massive in Europe but never really took off here. Basically the airbnb of transport

Bargain price, obviously the gamble is that you'll be in a random foreigners car, who may or may not speak English, in a foreign country. No idea on the etiquette for this either!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Anyone ever used blablacar.co.uk? on 15:14 - Jun 5 with 1490 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone ever used blablacar.co.uk? on 15:00 - Jun 5 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Blablacar is massive in Europe but never really took off here. Basically the airbnb of transport

Bargain price, obviously the gamble is that you'll be in a random foreigners car, who may or may not speak English, in a foreign country. No idea on the etiquette for this either!

Hopefully they will be glad to have someone to practice their English on, because I am really struggling with Polish. But, once I have made up my mind when to quit Krakow, I think I will go for it. Boring just using a scheduled service, init?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Anyone ever used blablacar.co.uk? on 16:56 - Jun 5 with 1455 viewssolemio

When Zakopane is the venue for the World Cup ski jumping it looks a lovely place on the tv coverage.
Anyone ever used blablacar.co.uk? on 20:45 - Jun 5 with 1420 viewsallezlesbleus

Very popular here in France. Several of my kid's friends use it to travel to and from College / University etc.
Anyone ever used blablacar.co.uk? on 20:54 - Jun 5 with 1409 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Anyone ever used blablacar.co.uk? on 15:14 - Jun 5 by WeWereZombies

Hopefully they will be glad to have someone to practice their English on, because I am really struggling with Polish. But, once I have made up my mind when to quit Krakow, I think I will go for it. Boring just using a scheduled service, init?

I'm Polish and I have to tell you that despite language problems you have to go for it. No need to hesitate as 11 zlotych from Krakow to Zakopane is a ridiculously low price. Seems somehow unlikely for me. So take it.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2017 20:55]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024