Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Economists say 'Vote Labour' 11:41 - Jun 5 with 19370 viewsGromheort

"Labour’s manifesto proposals are much better designed to strengthen and develop the economy and ensure that its benefits are more fairly shared and sustainable, as well as being fiscally responsible and based on sound estimations"

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/jun/03/the-big-issue-labour-manifesto-what
on 11:49 - Jun 5 with 7954 views_

Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 11:55 - Jun 5 with 7937 viewsbracknell_blue

on 11:49 - Jun 5 by _

The Money Tree argument is just Tory propaganda as they can't debate the issues in an adult manner. Probably because they'd lose.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 11:55 - Jun 5 with 7934 viewsWD19

Those employed in higher education are leaning a little left. A seismic shift indeed!
on 11:57 - Jun 5 with 7912 views_

Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 11:55 - Jun 5 by bracknell_blue

The Money Tree argument is just Tory propaganda as they can't debate the issues in an adult manner. Probably because they'd lose.

Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 12:01 - Jun 5 with 7887 viewsElderGrizzly

And the IFS still say both Labour and Tories tax raising pledges is not enough to fund their manifestos.

We all need to pay more than any party is suggesting to get anything like the wish-list out there
Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 12:02 - Jun 5 with 7874 viewsGromheort

Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 11:55 - Jun 5 by WD19

Those employed in higher education are leaning a little left. A seismic shift indeed!

Economists tend to be more right wing in their nature, typically because modern economics is dominated by market friendly neoclassicalism. That they support Labour tends to demonstrate just how far the Tories have taken economic irrationality
Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 12:12 - Jun 5 with 7830 viewshomer_123

WHHHHOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHHH

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 12:21 - Jun 5 with 7800 viewsjas0999

So, a Labour endorsing paper prints this article? I suspect Tory endsoring papers will focus on different stats and reports which conveniently back the goriest economic policies.
Login to get fewer ads

Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 12:30 - Jun 5 with 7766 viewsClapham_Junction

Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 12:21 - Jun 5 by jas0999

So, a Labour endorsing paper prints this article? I suspect Tory endsoring papers will focus on different stats and reports which conveniently back the goriest economic policies.

One of the best Freudian slips I've seen for a while there.

Almost as good as Iain Duncan Smith's "What we are trying to get away with in our manifesto"
Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 12:48 - Jun 5 with 7724 viewsFreddies_Ears

Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 12:21 - Jun 5 by jas0999

Yes, the Torygraph had a piece saying economists says the Tory policies are better.

Despite the only numbers in their manifesto being the page numbers.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2017 23:58]
Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 14:22 - Jun 5 with 7608 viewsNo9

Apparently Steve Hilton ex righ hand man has said people should vote labour
Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 14:23 - Jun 5 with 7601 viewsThe_Last_Baron

We'll see who's top dog on Friday.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 14:24 - Jun 5 with 7598 viewshype313

I genuinely don't believe anything Economists, Daily Mail, Telegraph, Guardian, Independent say.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 14:30 - Jun 5 with 7582 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I don't need any economists, experts or newspapers telling me who to vote for. They're wasting their ink and breath with this rubbish, nobody is listening.

Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 14:44 - Jun 5 with 7562 viewssyntaxerror

Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 14:30 - Jun 5 by The_Last_Baron

I don't need any economists, experts or newspapers telling me who to vote for. They're wasting their ink and breath with this rubbish, nobody is listening.

And that, unfortunately, is how most people think.
The consensus seems to be that experts are there to be ignored, after all, its only our future they are advising us about.

Yet another election decided on 5 second sound-bites, tabloid headlines and 'alternative facts'.
Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 14:51 - Jun 5 with 7544 viewsGromheort

Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 14:24 - Jun 5 by hype313

I genuinely don't believe anything Economists, Daily Mail, Telegraph, Guardian, Independent say.

Why? When evaluating a set of economic policies, why wouldn't you seek assistance from economists?
on 14:52 - Jun 5 with 7535 views_

Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 14:44 - Jun 5 by syntaxerror

The consensus seems to be that experts are there to be ignored, after all, its only our future they are advising us about.

Yet another election decided on 5 second sound-bites, tabloid headlines and 'alternative facts'.

Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 14:55 - Jun 5 with 7520 viewshype313

Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 14:51 - Jun 5 by Gromheort

Why? When evaluating a set of economic policies, why wouldn't you seek assistance from economists?

Becasue time and time again they get it wrong.

2008 being a prime example.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 15:00 - Jun 5 with 7500 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 14:44 - Jun 5 by syntaxerror

The 'experts' have been getting it wrong forever. People have finally awakened.

I'll make my own mind up on what I see. I suggest everyone does the same. Most 'experts' are simply only interested in influencing people to vote for what the 'experts' want - not what is best for the country. Whichever side of the fence they're on.

Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 15:01 - Jun 5 with 7495 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 14:51 - Jun 5 by Gromheort

It's impossible to accurately predict the future economy.

on 15:02 - Jun 5 with 7495 views_

Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 15:00 - Jun 5 by The_Last_Baron

The 'experts' have been getting it wrong forever. People have finally awakened.

I'll make my own mind up on what I see. I suggest everyone does the same. Most 'experts' are simply only interested in influencing people to vote for what the 'experts' want - not what is best for the country. Whichever side of the fence they're on.

Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 15:02 - Jun 5 with 7493 viewswitchdoctor

on 11:57 - Jun 5 by _

you?...facetious?...never!...😂😂
Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 15:02 - Jun 5 with 7491 viewsGromheort

Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 14:55 - Jun 5 by hype313

Becasue time and time again they get it wrong.

2008 being a prime example.

You're making an error there mind you. 'They' would only refer to orthodox macroeconomists who start with the principle that the economy is largely self-regulating (and that, through mathematical modelling, they had explained the economy away).

That's rejected elsewhere (arguably by most economists). See, for example, the real world economics movement.

Could we refer to economists who support the Tory policies? Of course. See, for example, Minford (one of Thatcher's original 'wise men'). However, with the likes of austerity etc, he would be an outlier!
[Post edited 5 Jun 2017 15:03]
on 15:03 - Jun 5 with 7488 views_

Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 15:02 - Jun 5 by witchdoctor

you?...facetious?...never!...😂😂

Economists say 'Vote Labour' on 15:07 - Jun 5 with 7463 viewswitchdoctor

on 15:03 - Jun 5 by _

😉👍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024