Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like many of you could have your wish 19:48 - Jun 6 with 6640 viewsunbelievablue

Theresa May has said she will rip up some human rights laws if they "stop us" from tackling terrorism.

Speaking on the election campaign trail, the Prime Minister told supporters she would change any laws that got in the way of preventing jihadis from launching attacks in Britain.

Mrs May said: "As we see the threat changing, evolving becoming a more complex threat, we need to make sure that our police and security and intelligence agencies have the powers they need.

"I mean longer prison sentences for people convicted of terrorist offences. I mean making it easier for the authorities to deport foreign terrorist suspects back to their own countries.

"And I mean doing more to restrict the freedom and the movements of terrorist suspects when we have enough evidence to know they are a threat, but not enough evidence to prosecute them in full in court.

"And if our human rights laws stop us from doing it, we will change the laws so we can do it.

"If I am elected as Prime Minister on Thursday, that work begins on Friday."

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 19:54 - Jun 6 with 6103 viewswitchdoctor

you don't include yourself in the 'many' I take it?
Looks like many of you could have your wish on 19:56 - Jun 6 with 6089 viewsHerbivore

Yay! Fewer human rights!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 19:56 - Jun 6 with 6089 viewsunbelievablue

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 19:54 - Jun 6 by witchdoctor

you don't include yourself in the 'many' I take it?

Personally I wouldn't want to see Human Rights Laws re-written for this end, no.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 20:01 - Jun 6 with 6066 viewsblue_oyster

It's a false comparison. The Human Rights laws don't give you rights, other laws infringe on your freedom.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 20:11 - Jun 6 with 6041 viewsjpring89

About time. That would be a good start.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 21:35 - Jun 6 with 5951 viewsHARRY10

Change our laws ?

How can that be ?

Brexiteers have told us that we don't make our laws the EU does,
Looks like many of you could have your wish on 21:37 - Jun 6 with 5940 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"Underneath the spreading chestnut tree......."

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 22:57 - Jun 6 with 5847 viewsstantheman

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 19:56 - Jun 6 by Herbivore

Yay! Fewer human rights!

How do having more affect your life exactly? Just asking.
Login to get fewer ads

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 23:01 - Jun 6 with 5832 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Only she isn't saying that according to ex Tory attorney general Dominic Grieve on newsnight just now. As usual with May it's all smoke, mirrors and elections. She's happy to act tough in a warehouse in Slough in front of a few party members but tonight on Newsnight to discuss the substance "nobody from the government was available to comment " !
[Post edited 6 Jun 2017 23:20]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 23:18 - Jun 6 with 5782 viewsfeelingblue

She is just lying again, unfortunately.
As Home Secretary and Prime Minister, she has had every one of those powers since 2010.
Looks like many of you could have your wish on 23:19 - Jun 6 with 5776 viewsstantheman

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 23:18 - Jun 6 by feelingblue

As Home Secretary and Prime Minister, she has had every one of those powers since 2010.

Yeah, but enough is enough.
Looks like many of you could have your wish on 23:23 - Jun 6 with 5761 viewsDarth_Koont

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 23:19 - Jun 6 by stantheman

Yeah, but enough is enough.

Of the lies and trying to avoid taking responsibility for the last 7 years? Yes, enough is enough.

I don't trust her as a person or as someone who knows how to safeguard innocent lives.

Pronouns: He/Him

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 23:30 - Jun 6 with 5743 viewsstantheman

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 23:23 - Jun 6 by Darth_Koont

Of the lies and trying to avoid taking responsibility for the last 7 years? Yes, enough is enough.

I don't trust her as a person or as someone who knows how to safeguard innocent lives.

As far as saving any lives in todays world I dont trust any politician of any party. They just regurgitate platitudes and have no clue as to what to do in this situation. Sad times with useless leadership from every political party.
on 23:32 - Jun 6 with 5736 views_

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 23:33 - Jun 6 with 5732 viewsDarth_Koont

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 23:30 - Jun 6 by stantheman

As far as saving any lives in todays world I dont trust any politician of any party. They just regurgitate platitudes and have no clue as to what to do in this situation. Sad times with useless leadership from every political party.

So time perhaps for someone who will address the root causes rather than just try and control the uncontrollable results?

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 04:23 - Jun 7 with 5670 viewsBenters

Good for her,cant see the problem in wanting to protect her citizens.

Here's one for you,if you are not a wrong'un,go about your life being decent to people,wanting to make life better for yourself and family,you will have nothing to worry about.

Its not really hard is it?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 06:11 - Jun 7 with 5619 viewsNo9

Says the woman who was a totally incompetent Home Secretary
Looks like many of you could have your wish on 06:43 - Jun 7 with 5603 viewsnoggin

Removing human rights would be a great victory for the terrorists.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 06:50 - Jun 7 with 5585 viewsBenters

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 06:43 - Jun 7 by noggin

Righto

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 06:51 - Jun 7 with 5572 viewsNo9

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 06:50 - Jun 7 by Benters

Righto

Of course because when they loose their human rights you lose yours too don't you?

Or don't you want human rights?

Do you really undersand what you would be giving up?
Looks like many of you could have your wish on 06:54 - Jun 7 with 5573 viewseireblue

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 06:50 - Jun 7 by Benters

Righto

You are being taken as mug, Benters.
Looks like many of you could have your wish on 06:58 - Jun 7 with 5558 viewsBlueNomad

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 07:07 - Jun 7 with 5532 viewsDarth_Koont

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 23:18 - Jun 6 by feelingblue

Amazing how much Theresa May the 2017 campaigner has against Theresa May the Home Secretary (2010-2016) and Theresa May the Prime Minister (2016-2017).

Easy to say enough is enough or that you'd do things differently when you're not in their shoes.

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 07:20 - Jun 7 with 5502 viewsFoD_Blue

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 06:43 - Jun 7 by noggin

I don't see where anybody has said anything about removing human rights, only a change to the human rights laws has been suggested.

Currently it seems that the human rights of the criminals are more important than the human rights of the victims, but that seems to be acceptable. This is something that I would be happy to see change.
Looks like many of you could have your wish on 07:41 - Jun 7 with 5460 viewsHerbivore

Looks like many of you could have your wish on 22:57 - Jun 6 by stantheman

How do having more affect your life exactly? Just asking.

I guess I feel a bit uncomfortable about the idea of people being put in prison without due process based on suspicion. I know that makes me some sort of horrible liberal but it just doesn't seem right to me, I prefer actual tested evidence as the basis for locking someone up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024