Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My Local Constituency. 10:44 - Jun 7 with 509 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Apologies for yet another politics thread..

Yesterday the local Conservative MP's literature landed through the letter box, some weeks after the other parties had distributed their paperwork. Perhaps it shows the safety and confidence the tories have in this midlands seat. But I sat and read through all the local political leaflets and was surprised by what I saw.

One small page of the Conservative leaflet was on our actual candidate - the remainder was Theresa May and some Corbyn smear campaign. One thing that irked me was that it was written in the 3rd Person 'Edward this and Edward that' felt very corportate and impersonal (5/10)
The Labour leaflet was written in the 1st person, clear and direct and had some good points, focusing predominantly on local matters which I appreciated. (7/10)
The Lib Dem leaflet was purely focused on local matters, referencing campaigning for protecting Green spaces, infrastructure projects, Schooling and NHS in the area. Well written and the passion from the candidate came through. (9/10)
Green's was simple and to the point although a little too convoluted in listing their local and national messages into one leaflet. (6/10)
Didn't bother with the UKIP or BNP leaflets that came through the door.

Having always had Conservative leanings I am considering voting Lib Dem purely on their local candidate who I feel would serve the area far better.
My Local Constituency. on 10:47 - Jun 7 with 501 viewsSomethingBlue

Interesting to note that numerous Conservative candidates have failed to show up for local hustings during this campaign. You'd almost think they were openly laughing at the people they expect to vote them in ...

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024